toobad0912

May 1, 2021
I am getting this error when selecting the Lunch option with Terri and Stephanie.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'Characters/Terri/[t.outfit]_[t.pose].png': could not find image. (u'Characters/Terri/slut_Terri_Steph0.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "locations/loc_school.rpyc", line 3190, in script call
File "chars/char_Terri.rpyc", line 3888, in script
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 543, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 750, in per_interact
self.find_target()
File "C:\SuperPowered_v0.42.01b-win\SuperPowered_v0.42.01-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 651, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'Characters/Terri/[t.outfit]_[t.pose].png': could not find image. (u'Characters/Terri/slut_Terri_Steph0.png')

Was there ever a fix for this? I'm getting the same error and can't figure out why...

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Was there ever a fix for this? I'm getting the same error and can't figure out why...
Well, the short answer is that he uses a lot of dynamic assignment of images, but not every scenario actually has a corresponding image. See if you can find say a work1_Terri_Steph0.png in the Characters/Terri directory. Make a copy of it and rename it slut_Terri_Steph0.png and put it in that directory. They will switch back to a wrong outfit for that image, but you should be able to continue at least.

toobad0912

May 1, 2021
Well, the short answer is that he uses a lot of dynamic assignment of images, but not every scenario actually has a corresponding image. See if you can find say a work1_Terri_Steph0.png in the Characters/Terri directory. Make a copy of it and rename it slut_Terri_Steph0.png and put it in that directory. They will switch back to a wrong outfit for that image, but you should be able to continue at least.
Thanks for this! I was able to move and rename some pics to get through it. Shame though, I was hoping that this Terri/Steph story line would be more than just the HJ scene in the Cafeteria. lol

Blackfreedom

May 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to avoid bug when asking your Mom or Sister to help with training?
Sometimes it works, sometimes it shows error. Seems like it needs specific weekdays and time to work as intended.
I had this problem too, I think the Bugfix file on the main post fix it

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
I had this problem too, I think the Bugfix file on the main post fix it
Applied bugfix, but training bug remains.
Here is what I get when trying to train (like educational training) with Mom on monday morning:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/func_interactions.rpy", line 742, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Player' object has no attribute 'Social'

Full traceback:
  File "locations/loc_coffeeshop.rpyc", line 46, in script call
  File "locations/loc_coffeeshop.rpyc", line 40, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 18, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 275, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 465, in script call
  File "func_interactions.rpyc", line 742, in script call
  File "util/func_utils.rpyc", line 38, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1495, in execute
    args, kwargs = self.arguments.evaluate()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 191, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "python-packages/func_definitions.py", line 824, in __getattr__

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
SP 0.45.03
Sun Mar 26 12:56:48 2023

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Applied bugfix, but training bug remains.
Here is what I get when trying to train (like educational training) with Mom on monday morning:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "locations/loc_coffeeshop.rpyc", line 46, in script call
  File "locations/loc_coffeeshop.rpyc", line 40, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 18, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 275, in script call
  File "func_action_processing.rpyc", line 465, in script call
  File "func_interactions.rpyc", line 742, in script call
  File "util/func_utils.rpyc", line 38, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1495, in execute
    args, kwargs = self.arguments.evaluate()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 191, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "python-packages/func_definitions.py", line 824, in __getattr__

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
SP 0.45.03
Sun Mar 26 12:56:48 2023
It certainly looks like you applied the patch as the version # was updated, but I'd like to double-check something.

The zip file contains a scripts.rpa file buried deep in a set of folders. That file needs to be placed in the /game/ folder of the game. It should overwrite a file of the same name already there.

The error you are getting is because the object 'Player' doesn't have the attribute social. The object 'player' does -- which is why aspiring devs are told again and again to make unique and meaningful variable names. My copy (patch applied, no mods) doesn't have that issue.

Last edited:

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
It certainly looks like you applied the patch as the version # was updated, but I'd like to double-check something.

The zip file contains a scripts.rpa file buried deep in a set of folders. That file needs to be placed in the /game/ folder of the game. It should overwrite a file of the same name already there.

The error you are getting is because the object 'Player' doesn't have the attribute social. The object 'player' does -- which is why aspiring devs are told again and again to make unique and meaningful variable names. My copy (patch applied, no mods) doesn't have that issue.
Im on windows, so I completely replaced the scripts file with new one. And I have no mods.
The thing is, sometimes this action works as planned, and sometimes its not.

For example, if I have charm and favors for training on saturday day\afternoon (dont remember exactly) - everything works fine. I see Fitness training session with Mom or Library training with sister. But most of the time I get this error and quit the game to restart from latest save.

Also, training seems to work fine when I use mind control instead of social interaction.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Im on windows, so I completely replaced the scripts file with new one. And I have no mods.
The thing is, sometimes this action works as planned, and sometimes its not.

For example, if I have charm and favors for training on saturday day\afternoon (dont remember exactly) - everything works fine. I see Fitness training session with Mom or Library training with sister. But most of the time I get this error and quit the game to restart from latest save.

Also, training seems to work fine when I use mind control instead of social interaction.
Weird.

What is your Favor with mom just before your try training and the error hits? I'm trying to see if the lines reported match the file I'm looking at. Line 742 of func_interactions is hit when you don't have enough favor for the action.

Attach the save? I may not have a chance to check it out today, but I should tomorrow.

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
Weird.

What is your Favor with mom just before your try training and the error hits? I'm trying to see if the lines reported match the file I'm looking at. Line 742 of func_interactions is hit when you don't have enough favor for the action.

Attach the save? I may not have a chance to check it out today, but I should tomorrow.
Here is a save where Mom training crushes, but sister's works.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I fixed it, It was a spacing issue, try this file.
Just put it in the game folder, replace the old one if found
Python doesn't prevent + operators to be surrounded with white space. I would not have thought to check that ren'py does. That goes into my "interesting ren'py coding practices" folio.

Reactions: Blackfreedom

Blackfreedom

May 29, 2019
Python doesn't prevent + operators to be surrounded with white space. I would not have thought to check that ren'py does. That goes into my "interesting ren'py coding practices" folio.
I think I only caught it because am not a developer, and don't know neither python nor ren'py. only little background in c#.
I just checked what this line has, that is different from other lines :D

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
I fixed it, It was a spacing issue, try this file.
Just put it in the game folder, replace the old one if found
It fixed the crash bug. Wow! This should be added to bugfix archive. Thanks! :D

But there is another bug(or feature) appeared: if I had less than 80 favor before asking for training - I get negative response and it counts like I had a training session that day. So after failed attempt to train, my training option gets blocked even with other character. (Try training with Sister after Mom refused to train with MC)

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Is there any requirements to get a ride home with Alice other than raising the stats? I remember it being a rare event from previous times I've played the game but by now I have Globex Corruption at 82, Alice in the sluttiest outfit working as a prostitute AND I've rebuilt her control to 165 after that but I still haven't gotten a ride home a single time during all that time.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Is there any requirements to get a ride home with Alice other than raising the stats? I remember it being a rare event from previous times I've played the game but by now I have Globex Corruption at 82, Alice in the sluttiest outfit working as a prostitute AND I've rebuilt her control to 165 after that but I still haven't gotten a ride home a single time during all that time.
Critical success at the job and Alice can't be a sexbot. So no prostitution.

Blackfreedom

May 29, 2019
It fixed the crash bug. Wow! This should be added to bugfix archive. Thanks! :D

But there is another bug(or feature) appeared: if I had less than 80 favor before asking for training - I get negative response and it counts like I had a training session that day. So after failed attempt to train, my training option gets blocked even with other character. (Try training with Sister after Mom refused to train with MC)
it is not a bug, it is programmed like that, when you ask someone to train, it will make the variable as you have trained, regardless whether they agreed or not.
You can change the code if you want, but then it will be like using a mod :)

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
it is not a bug, it is programmed like that, when you ask someone to train, it will make the variable as you have trained, regardless whether they agreed or not.
You can change the code if you want, but then it will be like using a mod :)
Oh, OK then. Its not so punishing, like a game crash on every failed training attempt, I can live with that :)

I would like to change the code, maybe even expand this game to its logical complete state, but it rises a few issues for me.
1 - I fear using Python for any project. I was making games on Flash(AS3) and Unity(C#). And Python seems bad for any big project: relying on indents for making blocks of code, not typed variables, and every variable seems global? Its a bad practice to store everything in global variables.
2 - Even if I learn Python, it may take a month or so with my experience, I dont have any rights to change someone's game. And making a mod over existing bad(possibly) architecture is a recipe for disaster. Also, if game ever gets a new version - mod becomes incompatible with it. I've seen too many Minecraft mods dead because they had to be updated for every new version of the game.

I wish there was some easy way to continue abandoned games as an opensource project.

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes