sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Oh, OK then. Its not so punishing, like a game crash on every failed training attempt, I can live with that :)

I would like to change the code, maybe even expand this game to its logical complete state, but it rises a few issues for me.
1 - I fear using Python for any project. I was making games on Flash(AS3) and Unity(C#). And Python seems bad for any big project: relying on indents for making blocks of code, not typed variables, and every variable seems global? Its a bad practice to store everything in global variables.
2 - Even if I learn Python, it may take a month or so with my experience, I dont have any rights to change someone's game. And making a mod over existing bad(possibly) architecture is a recipe for disaster. Also, if game ever gets a new version - mod becomes incompatible with it. I've seen too many Minecraft mods dead because they had to be updated for every new version of the game.

I wish there was some easy way to continue abandoned games as an opensource project.
As for (1), relying on indenting for blocks is dumb, I agree. Too easy for simple fuckups. Non-typed isn't a problem once you get used to it. There are advantages to dynamically typed languages. Everything doesn't need to be global. Ren'py effectively sets that up as a default because it assumes the primary users will be laypeople with no experience with programming languages who are creating relatively simple visual novels. Scoped variables exist though. There's just a dev tax on using them.

As for (2) Oh yeah, the architecture is bad. Not incredibly flawed, but obviously organically designed with very limited thought given to expansion or changes. The code shows a lot of beginner's mistakes.

I was modestly tempted to give the game a pass-over to remove all the work-in-progress and stubs that stick out and add a note at graduation that that was it, the end. I'd think I'd end up feeling obligated to try and fix some of the more annoying bugs and limitations though and the project could easily spiral into something too large for a side project for a game I neither own nor have financial interest in.

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
I was modestly tempted to give the game a pass-over to remove all the work-in-progress and stubs that stick out and add a note at graduation that that was it, the end. I'd think I'd end up feeling obligated to try and fix some of the more annoying bugs and limitations though and the project could easily spiral into something too large for a side project for a game I neither own nor have financial interest in.
Its great to have skilled fans like you, who patch abandoned games.

Also, I hope, maybe someday there will be an opensource remake, like OpenTTD or FreeCiv. This game has too much potential and inspiration to just let it die. Unfortunately, even if I start remaking it myself - I dont have any rights for reders or models from original, so it will be easier to just make someting completely new with similar game mechanics.

Last edited:

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
Is the game completed or has the dev done a Bethesda and just said its completed but there is a ton of missing content and bugs? As if my memory is correct I think there was a lots of bugs and characters that you cant interact with as well as no real ending.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Is the game completed or has the dev done a Bethesda and just said its completed but there is a ton of missing content and bugs? As if my memory is correct I think there was a lots of bugs and characters that you cant interact with as well as no real ending.
Not quite as good as a Bethesda. Literally just dropped it in its last state. Most of the women have some interaction. A couple are obviously underdeveloped and a few more completely undeveloped. There's a fair number of "this will exist in the future" flags signaling game mechanics as well.

pavanmce

Feb 22, 2022
View attachment 62948

Overview:
SuperPowered is a RPG game made with Ren'py. In the game, you play as Billy, a young man still living with his mom. At the very beginning of the game, Maggie (his mother) buys Billy his first superpower. Because money is tight, he doesn't have much of a choice, she's getting him X-ray vision. Before the process begin, the nurse who's gonna give him the shot has to test him to see if he's compatible. As it turns out, he is but there's something else. Unlike most people, who can only receive a very limited number of those shots, Billy seems to have the uncanny ability to absorb an unlimited amount of them. Thanks to this, he could become the most powerful of them all but in order to achieve this level of power, he must be careful. In a world where almost everyone can buy powers, anyone could be a potential threat.​

Thread Updated: 2022-03-21
Release Date: 2022-03-18
Developer: Night City Productions - - -
Censorship: No
Version: 0.45.02
Language: English
Other Game: Loser - SuperPowered 2
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Cheat Mods/Commands:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - - - -
Linux (v0.44.04): MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac
(v0.44.04): MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Others: COMPRESSED* - Bugfix v0.45.03 -
ANDROID

Compiled with latest stable version of Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Console is enabled, in game press SHIFT+O

Extras
: Walkthrough - SFC Mod* - Radioactive Mod* - Better Experience Mod* - FANART
IdarksoulsI thanks for the link
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 62949 View attachment 62950 View attachment 62951 View attachment 62952 View attachment 62953 View attachment 62954 View attachment 62955 View attachment 62956 View attachment 62957 View attachment 62958 View attachment 62959 View attachment 62960
Thanks for sharing.

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
... i'm still pissed this hasn't been completed per-se, just ditched away....

wish there was a modder that expanded the history or something else, but who knows. gotta keep playin lol

Jan 1, 2018
... i'm still pissed this hasn't been completed per-se, just ditched away....

wish there was a modder that expanded the history or something else, but who knows. gotta keep playin lol
There's certainly threads of material that could have been completed, like the full set of jobs to complete at school and full relationships with characters at some of the support locations... but the main focus of the game is really complete: High School

Billy gets superpowers; hooks up with all the girls in school; learns their secrets and back stories; survives the Pixie's attack and comes to the notice of superhero big wigs; then he graduates and starts his adult life a superhero in SP2.

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
There's certainly threads of material that could have been completed, like the full set of jobs to complete at school and full relationships with characters at some of the support locations... but the main focus of the game is really complete: High School

Billy gets superpowers; hooks up with all the girls in school; learns their secrets and back stories; survives the Pixie's attack and comes to the notice of superhero big wigs; then he graduates and starts his adult life a superhero in SP2.
.... oh, fun enough, i've never gotten to the damn pixie's attack! Fuck me, i have been playing a half-completed game but have never completed it. why.

Jan 1, 2018
.... oh, fun enough, i've never gotten to the damn pixie's attack! Fuck me, i have been playing a half-completed game but have never completed it. why.
You've got to do a bunch of patrolling and jobs at school to get the endgame stuff?

Have you done the graduation stuff?

(I have a suspicion that some of the events in the final version of the game can lock each other out if you complete them in an unexpected order. Like the social groups at school you can unlock with a positive reputation).

Reactions: Tunak23

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
Man, I love this game but it's so hard to play sometimes. It takes DAYS to unlock some of the late game stuff. I don't think I ever got to that point.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
You've got to do a bunch of patrolling and jobs at school to get the endgame stuff?

Have you done the graduation stuff?

(I have a suspicion that some of the events in the final version of the game can lock each other out if you complete them in an unexpected order. Like the social groups at school you can unlock with a positive reputation).
You don't ever need to patrol; I consider it a trap choice most of the time. The rewards are easier to achieve with less time investment elsewhere except in some specific character designs (like a jock-style Billy).

The social group missions may still interfere with one another because the bugs were never fully worked out, but they won't lock each other out. One of the group missions does require a specific club mission to be complete before it is offered (stolen chemicals). Starting the Pixie chain locks literally everything else out though and the other events are never freed. Once Billy is told about Pixie, all bathroom vignettes, social missions, and club missions cease forever.

To progress to the end-game stuff (i.e. Pixie as there isn't anything else), you need to complete 3 specific club missions (peeping toms in the cheerleader lockers, stolen chemicals, stolen exam) then wait a couple more weeks for it to start. Several more weeks go by before you have any input into it though. The Pixie chain still has a couple of points where it can get stuck. If you end up in a loop without a chance for player input, you can progress by going to the school cafeteria on Friday and "meet with friends" -- meeting with a clique does not count, it has to be the generic choice.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Might be a good idea to mention that the "SuperPowered_v0.45.02-pc" also includes the Linux files in it,

These files need to made executable...
"{game_dir}/SuperPowered_v0.45.00.sh"
"{game_dir}/lib/linux-i686/SuperPowered_v0.45.00"
"{game_dir}/lib/linux-x86_64/SuperPowered_v0.45.00"

weee

Jives

Aug 2, 2022
Are there any cheats for the android version? I'm honestly very lost in the game and it takes too long to do anything

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes