NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
I genuinely wish that I could understand what it is with people and these ugly, small teenager MCs. I really don't get it how people will put in a decent amount of effort to make good renders and female characters and then just drop some dorky midget with a punchable face and whiny personality as the protagonist.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I genuinely wish that I could understand what it is with people and these ugly, small teenager MCs. I really don't get it how people will put in a decent amount of effort to make good renders and female characters and then just drop some dorky midget with a punchable face and whiny personality as the protagonist.

1. I don't think he's that ugly.

2. It may be a self insert. In which case, you're an ass.

3. Because its easier to root for the average MC, or loser, or put yourself in their shoes, than some rich roided giant asshole who has life handed to him, and likely will never play this game.

4. Because its a game/the beginning of a story, where the MC is meant to suck, because he hasn't come into his own, and has a lot of growing up to do. And this way, he has a more monumental mountain to climb, for a more satisfying conquest.

There are plenty of games with fit handsome playboys, who double as models, and are douchebags part time.

Simply put. These mcs don't fit your preference.

Also. Thos game is gone guys. Can someone finally slap an on hold of abandoned on here? It's not like it can't be removed later if the games picked back up.

I tried a couple months ago and got rejected for no reason, even though there's no updates. So i don't know.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
1. I don't think he's that ugly.

2. It may be a self insert. In which case, you're an ass.

3. Because its easier to root for the average MC, or loser, or put yourself in their shoes, than some rich roided giant asshole who has life handed to him, and likely will never play this game.

4. Because its a game/the beginning of a story, where the MC is meant to suck, because he hasn't come into his own, and has a lot of growing up to do. And this way, he has a more monumental mountain to climb, for a more satisfying conquest.

There are plenty of games with fit handsome playboys, who double as models, and are douchebags part time.

Simply put. These mcs don't fit your preference.

Also. Thos game is gone guys. Can someone finally slap an on hold of abandoned on here? It's not like it can't be removed later if the games picked back up.

I tried a couple months ago and got rejected for no reason, even though there's no updates. So i don't know.

I am fine with average. You talk as if the only two options are the two extremes (this kind of MC in one end and on the other hand your examples, bodybuilder, handsome, playboy...)
An adult average person would have been fine.

I wasn't taking a dig at this game in particular, like I said, I have observed this exact type of MC on several games here. It is always some kid, early teens and smaller than every female they interact with.

Surely everyone making these games can't be a 15 years old, which is why I doubt this is a self insert. I have literally seen this MC before in other games, the appearance almost exactly the same.
Also, WEG games here in this forum where the character goes through any kind of meaningful development are a 1 in 20 and we both know it.

There clearly is a community for it, otherwise those games wouldn't keep being made and they wouldn't keep being successful, I was just asking the people who enjoy this stuff what exactly about this kind of MC that they enjoy, because I really don't get it. It is genuine curiosity.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I am fine with average. You talk as if the only two options are the two extremes (this kind of MC in one end and on the other hand your examples, bodybuilder, handsome, playboy...)
An adult average person would have been fine.

I wasn't taking a dig at this game in particular, like I said, I have observed this exact type of MC on several games here. It is always some kid, early teens and smaller than every female they interact with.

Surely everyone making these games can't be a 15 years old, which is why I doubt this is a self insert. I have literally seen this MC before in other games, the appearance almost exactly the same.
Also, WEG games here in this forum where the character goes through any kind of meaningful development are a 1 in 20 and we both know it.

There clearly is a community for it, otherwise those games wouldn't keep being made and they wouldn't keep being successful, I was just asking the people who enjoy this stuff what exactly about this kind of MC that they enjoy, because I really don't get it. It is genuine curiosity.
I was mainly reacting to the way it was said. Which is why I went the "opposite".

If it is the same model. Then it might be a cheap or free one for whatever program he's using.

It also could be an insert of the dev. With the idea of the character. Rather than the exact model (Small, geek, awkward, etc, etc.).

Or he just thought it'd make the premise of the game more satisfying. Manipulating, corrupting, dominating, mind controlling and trapping sexy superheroines.

Personally, I have no attachment to the MC. or this game really. It was kind of fun scheming, corrupting and manipulating, etc. but I'm not a big fan of superheroes or anything.

It's too bad it's abandoned though. I remember starting to get into it just as I hit the End of content.

But yeah. I can really say. I haven't played or seen any games with the same MC.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Last update was seven months ago. Last word from the Dev was six months ago in the Discord. Their prior updates came within a much shorter timeframe before this wait/stoppage.

They may be working on the game still, there are over 100 patrons at the moment. However, radio silence for over three months can lead to a change in thread status.

Marking as Abandoned for now. That can change if a release arrives.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
this is a shame but not unexpected to see abandoned added

does anyone know of a list of the models/assets used in this VN?

mothballd

Jul 25, 2017
this is a shame but not unexpected to see abandoned added

does anyone know of a list of the models/assets used in this VN?
I'm curious as well. Over the decades I've sunk a good $20k+ into Daz assets, I'd love to use some of that to make some "fan" art for this.
I believe there is an artist on Renderosity who makes a lot of actress look alike characters, so that's probably where the Gal Gadot wonder woman asset came from. Probably true for a good number of others as well.

Reactions: Notretsam

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I'm curious as well. Over the decades I've sunk a good $20k+ into Daz assets, I'd love to use some of that to make some "fan" art for this.
I believe there is an artist on Renderosity who makes a lot of actress look alike characters, so that's probably where the Gal Gadot wonder woman asset came from. Probably true for a good number of others as well.
I know with some popular VN's that there is a thread that lists all the assets used, was hoping there was one for this thread but I presume there isn't.

edit* Actually I say some VN's but the only one I remember is AWAM.

Reactions: mothballd

The Mysterious-36

Dec 3, 2020
This game in which we embody a young future hero refused because he does not have superpowers and decides to be a villain, exploits the weakness of the heroes and imprisons the female heroes in his lair.
If I could have a chat with Pupsi, I'll ask him if possible in a future update like adding the ability to change the look of the character, making a gadget that changes gender (I laugh at the thought of this idea) , have more female heroes.

BBobB

Jul 31, 2017
I kind of wonder if we all talked the dev into abandoning it. We were told that he's busy with other stuff and would come back to it when he could. But...with a game you like, it's natural to become impatient and say "Where's the update? Where's the update? Oh, it must be abandoned!"

Grozar

Mar 6, 2017
Abandoned?, no suprise, he should continue making Goblin game in Renly instead of doing this, predicted :))

• Angry
Reactions: Truvelo
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes