Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Yeah... so.. "why not renpy?"
I see what your saying, but I raise you this... "Why Renpy?"

If it has none of the things "gamers" complain about RPGM such as walking around a map, and fetch quests, what does it matter ? If its doing everything a damn renpy can do who gives a damn... Unless you want to cheat using console, in which case RiC had a integrated cheat menu...

Reactions: Paranoid_android

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
For all the accusations and complaints:

- Dev had to stop RIC because of underage looking characters, so if he wanted continue he had to redo tons of renders with new characters. He gave the flag to @DrSmith for RIC and DrSmith developing RIC for free (awesome guy).

- This game and his other project Private Community are not your typical RPGM games, they are indeed very close to Ren'py style gameplay without annoying walking, fighting or other stupid RPGM things.

- Dev tried to use other game engines (you can see it in PC thread) but he couldn't. So he's continuing with RPGM, but as I said above, it's a very good overly customized RPGM game.

- PC is using DAZ 3D, this game is using Honey Select models.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@sabbathfun Is correct. Like 1000000% correct. Let's go over his points real quick.
1- RIC got hammered cuz of the sister looking "underaged" and was literally banned from patreon. Now look at the current sister model. She's more "mature" looking but the changes are slight. She looks like a slightly older version of the previous model.
2- Boomatica can really do some magic with the RPGM engine. You have to try this to see it work.
@Boomatica - I'd suggest you or one of us can make a short video of how the game works and post to OP? That way, they don't go "RPGM! Nooooo.. mommy!"
3- Boomatica has tried 2 different engines IIRC and both of them ran into serious limitations. Boomatica has spent a lot of time working with RPGM and has learned its limits. Like I said above, he is almost like a magician and makes RPGM work like Ren'Py.

Before anyone goes "RPGM!", you HAVE to play this or you sound REALLY STUPID.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
So Boom wanted to re-make RiC but without being suspended from patreon
MILKING MILKING MILKING try something new please just reashing old is getting lame
Should have been reworked on renpy and not rpgm.
If it was, he forgot the part where he has a tendency to start new games without finishing the old ones.
Holy ballsack, somebody please school this bozo on how to compress his files.
Spoiler alert for future versions, in game the dev (player) has to redo his work cause patreon does not accept incest games, also a 2nd path leads to milking the patrons.

edit: this is not me bashing the dev here, it's just me blurring out general stuff that we see happen all the time with a lot of these gamemakers

--- giving excuses every month to patrons on why progress is so slow.

Boom start reading i am giving you gold on activities.
I don't even know what's happening anymore. This is giving me a headache.
What the fudge ? Is this like a spiritual successor to "Research into Corruption" ? Its almost the exact same thing ? same author ? if one got abandoned due to lame ass Paypal/Patreon, why did you start another one with Incest still in it ?
GivemeattentionMilk.pngQUOTE]

Since it's a remake it could have been made with renpy and DAZ models like his other game, to make it even better than the original game.
So many good ideas wasted on the shit called RPGM. IT needs to be forbidden,.
Hi all,

I was going to reply to each comment but the majortiy of them are copy/paste so it'll be easier to reply to them in one post.

1. (Reason I had to abandon RIC)
When my page was put under review last year it wasn't due to patreons crack down on "incest" content.
At this time they were still "semi-okay" with it.

It was due to the fact that the sister in the game looked underage and her actions / dialog enhanced it.
They classed her as a "minor".

For those that do not wish to take the time to read through the RIC thread which to be honest, there's a lot of pages so I understand why :

Ps.
For those unaware Patreon is actually okay with incest content.
It's paypal that is not.
They're the ones forcing Patreon to implement the new rules otherwise they would have stopped them from using their services for payments.
Considering the majority of payments made on Patreon is through Paypal, this had to be done.
Check Paypal's TOS for details.

2. (New project - Private Community)
I wanted to do something different, and work with a new image engine.
It wasn't until Serveral updates into Private Community that I relieased just how long rendering images in Daz3d takes.
"Yes I could pump out an image in 5 mins but they look like this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Instead of this :

I was surpised at just how little content I was being able to get into each update for Private Community.
"The only reason being how long it was taking to render images, let alone re-rendering the ones with mistakes"

I used to pride myself on packing a bunch of new content into each one of my updates when I was working on RIC so it
was very disheartening "I think that's the correct word to use" for me to not be able to do that with Private Community.

After making a post apologising to all my supporters for lack of content going into each update and explaining the reason why I got Private Message from one of my Patreons suggesting that while I'm waiting for the 2-3hour images to render would it would be possible for me to do re-make of RIC.

After giving it some thought I dusted off my old computer system and started making a "Little Demo" of RIA while I was waiting for one of the images to render.

Within 3 hours I managed to get the entire UI, intro and game mechanis implemented along with the 7AM events.
"I forgot just how easy it was to make content with HSS than it was with Daz3d"

It was at this point I made the annoucment to my supporters that I was going to work on a RIC remake in the
"Spare Time" I had while waiting for images for Private Community to render.

3. (RIA will be removed from Patreon like RIC?)
Before I made the announcement to my supporters I contacted Patreons Trust and Safty team and was lucky enough to speak to the same person I had last time regarding RIC.

I stated that I wanted to do a remake of RIC and sent him/her images of the characters.
I showed her/him the difference between the younger looking character and stated that she would be going to "college" and that her dialog/actions would resemble someone a little more mature than the last game.

He/She gave me the Okay but suggested that I don't post any portrait pictures of the models / faces as some people make mistake her for a minor and could result in my page being reported which would result in a review again if they receivedenough of them just like any of page on patreon.
"Not that it would be a problem as my page would be given the okay after the review but it's mainly to avoid the "Down Time"
So as long as I keep within patreons TOS he/she didn't see any problems with this project.

4. (RIA will be the same as RIC?)
RIA will be very similar to RIC as it's a remake but some Events,Dialog and game mechanics will be different.
All the images / Animations will be new, none of the old media will be used.

After speaking with some of my patreons they wanted it to feel like RIC but with some new content / events lines.
This way it's still the same but with a new fresh feel / difference.

The major change will be the "S" character as her dialog/personality will need to be a little more "mature" than the old.

5. (You're just "milking "your Patreons for more money!)
I can understand that it may come across this way, especially as RIA is currently only exclusive to my $10 Patreons.

The exclusive $10+ Patreon releases are only the development stage builds.

What I mean by this is :
The release that's posted right now is a "Stage Build" it's got the majority of content for the characters level 1 corruption but not all of it as it's still missing the (spy-cams), (weekend events) + (6PM Dinner event)
These will be added in the next update.

The next update will be the "Finished level 1 Corruption Build" which again, will be released to my $10 supporters first but will then be released to everyone else :

Now I'll be 100% honest :
The decision to release the "Stage Builds" earlier for $10+ patreons is to hopefully increase the pages "My" financial situation.
This is my only sorce of income and I need to support myself while I'm doing this as well as to help improve development so hopefully later down the line I'll have enough finical support that I can pay someone to help with the projectes.

But it's also to give my higher teir supporters something extra, an added bonus.
All of my supporters will end up with the game builds eventually, some just receive it earlier than others.

If I was only going to release every RIA build for $10+ only then yes, I would be milking my patreons.
But I wouldn't do that because any amount pledged to me I'm grateful for and I believe anyone pledging to me should end up with the game build eventually.

6. (RPGMV Again.. really....)
Yes really, It's the engine I'm used to and prefer to use.
It's as simple as that, you'll either play the game or you won't, that's your decision.

I've done my best to make the gameplay unlike any other RPGMV game and more like a ren'py game to accommodate the people that hate the "Pixel people walking around a map"

7. (Current Content?)
- Currently only the Corruption level 1 events are in this build.
The : (spy-cams), (weekend events) + (6PM Dinner event)
These will come in the next update.
"The 6PM Dinner event will be how you increase the corruption level of the characters"

- Any Nudity yet ?
There is some yes.

- Any sex yet ?
No, it's the first build and won't be any of a couple of months.
" If you're new to my work then you should know one thing :
" I don't develop games that after 5 mins of gameplay you're able to have sex with every character.
" You'll need to play one of the many other amazing games out there for this.

8. (The File Size is so large!!!)
This is a "Stage Build", it's not a publicly released build.
The publicly released build will come in 2 versions, HQ Images or the LQ compressed images.
- Thanks to @Pepé Le Pew

-Boom

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
@Boomatica - I'd suggest you or one of us can make a short video of how the game works and post to OP? That way, they don't go "RPGM! Nooooo.. mommy!"
I love you man, take that any which way you want.
I'll be sure to do this soon, currently doing some work on Private Community but as soon as I'm done I'll be sure to do this.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
so he runs out of ideas for RIC and decides to make the exact same game with the same models all over again?

if the problem was that the little sis looked to young then just update her model, don't scrap the whole thing you greedy fuck.
When you're giving all the information and the point still goes over your head.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
Hi all,

I was going to reply to each comment but the majortiy of them are copy/paste so it'll be easier to reply to them in one post.

1. (Reason I had to abandon RIC)
When my page was put under review last year it wasn't due to patreons crack down on "incest" content.
At this time they were still "semi-okay" with it.

It was due to the fact that the sister in the game looked underage and her actions / dialog enhanced it.
They classed her as a "minor".

For those that do not wish to take the time to read through the RIC thread which to be honest, there's a lot of pages so I understand why :

Ps.
For those unaware Patreon is actually okay with incest content.
It's paypal that is not.
They're the ones forcing Patreon to implement the new rules otherwise they would have stopped them from using their services for payments.
Considering the majority of payments made on Patreon is through Paypal, this had to be done.
Check Paypal's TOS for details.

2. (New project - Private Community)
I wanted to do something different, and work with a new image engine.
It wasn't until Serveral updates into Private Community that I relieased just how long rendering images in Daz3d takes.
"Yes I could pump out an image in 5 mins but they look like this :
Instead of this :

I was surpised at just how little content I was being able to get into each update for Private Community.
"The only reason being how long it was taking to render images, let alone re-rendering the ones with mistakes"

I used to pride myself on packing a bunch of new content into each one of my updates when I was working on RIC so it
was very disheartening "I think that's the correct word to use" for me to not be able to do that with Private Community.

After making a post apologising to all my supporters for lack of content going into each update and explaining the reason why I got Private Message from one of my Patreons suggesting that while I'm waiting for the 2-3hour images to render would it would be possible for me to do re-make of RIC.

After giving it some thought I dusted off my old computer system and started making a "Little Demo" of RIA while I was waiting for one of the images to render.

Within 3 hours I managed to get the entire UI, intro and game mechanis implemented along with the 7AM events.
"I forgot just how easy it was to make content with HSS than it was with Daz3d"

It was at this point I made the annoucment to my supporters that I was going to work on a RIC remake in the
"Spare Time" I had while waiting for images for Private Community to render.

3. (RIA will be removed from Patreon like RIC?)
Before I made the announcement to my supporters I contacted Patreons Trust and Safty team and was lucky enough to speak to the same person I had last time regarding RIC.

I stated that I wanted to do a remake of RIC and sent him/her images of the characters.
I showed her/him the difference between the younger looking character and stated that she would be going to "college" and that her dialog/actions would resemble someone a little more mature than the last game.

He/She gave me the Okay but suggested that I don't post any portrait pictures of the models / faces as some people make mistake her for a minor and could result in my page being reported which would result in a review again if they receivedenough of them just like any of page on patreon.
"Not that it would be a problem as my page would be given the okay after the review but it's mainly to avoid the "Down Time"
So as long as I keep within patreons TOS he/she didn't see any problems with this project.

4. (RIA will be the same as RIC?)
RIA will be very similar to RIC as it's a remake but some Events,Dialog and game mechanics will be different.
All the images / Animations will be new, none of the old media will be used.

After speaking with some of my patreons they wanted it to feel like RIC but with some new content / events lines.
This way it's still the same but with a new fresh feel / difference.

The major change will be the "S" character as her dialog/personality will need to be a little more "mature" than the old.

5. (You're just "milking "your Patreons for more money!)
I can understand that it may come across this way, especially as RIA is currently only exclusive to my $10 Patreons.

The exclusive $10+ Patreon releases are only the development stage builds.

What I mean by this is :
The release that's posted right now is a "Stage Build" it's got the majority of content for the characters level 1 corruption but not all of it as it's still missing the (spy-cams), (weekend events) + (6PM Dinner event)
These will be added in the next update.

The next update will be the "Finished level 1 Corruption Build" which again, will be released to my $10 supporters first but will then be released to everyone else :

Now I'll be 100% honest :
The decision to release the "Stage Builds" earlier for $10+ patreons is to hopefully increase the pages "My" financial situation.
This is my only sorce of income and I need to support myself while I'm doing this as well as to help improve development so hopefully later down the line I'll have enough finical support that I can pay someone to help with the projectes.

But it's also to give my higher teir supporters something extra, an added bonus.
All of my supporters will end up with the game builds eventually, some just receive it earlier than others.

If I was only going to release every RIA build for $10+ only then yes, I would be milking my patreons.
But I wouldn't do that because any amount pledged to me I'm grateful for and I believe anyone pledging to me should end up with the game build eventually.

6. (RPGMV Again.. really....)
Yes really, It's the engine I'm used to and prefer to use.
It's as simple as that, you'll either play the game or you won't, that's your decision.

I've done my best to make the gameplay unlike any other RPGMV game and more like a ren'py game to accommodate the people that hate the "Pixel people walking around a map"

7. (Current Content?)
- Currently only the Corruption level 1 events are in this build.
The : (spy-cams), (weekend events) + (6PM Dinner event)
These will come in the next update.
"The 6PM Dinner event will be how you increase the corruption level of the characters"

- Any Nudity yet ?
There is some yes.

- Any sex yet ?
No, it's the first build and won't be any of a couple of months.
" If you're new to my work then you should know one thing :
" I don't develop games that after 5 mins of gameplay you're able to have sex with every character.
" You'll need to play one of the many other amazing games out there for this.

8. (The File Size is so large!!!)
This is a "Stage Build", it's not a publicly released build.
The publicly released build will come in 2 versions, HQ Images or the LQ compressed images.
- Thanks to @Pepé Le Pew

-Boom
Ty Boom you do good work i love your styal as for the Rpgm your styal is alot like reply like you said there are no little people running around its alot like renply + you allways did and i now will do great animations that without a daught you are vary good and i still and will allways love RIC & RIA i have played all your game from 1st release to last the new game ria is a better qulity the ric but i still do love ric and i must agree the sister did look more like a 12year old then a mature sister so good luck on the new game and i am renewing my tier 3 membership on your site tyvm keep upi the good work.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games
Jul 12, 2017
So what the hell is DrSmith working for rn if you're remaking the same game? That's quite unfair to the dude. Now you two are pretty much working on the same game with different assets.

Also, 90% sure that Personal Resort will be abandoned in a few updates. Mark this post. :)

Now seriously. I had much respect for Boom but after this... I admire your honesty about the desire to up your financial stats but man. As you have said above, your games take several updates (months) to reach adult content. It means that during the next several months you will have nothing to offer besides usual filler. Come on.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Glad you responded, for me it was more I wanted clarification on whether or not this was going to be a Spiritual successor to RiC, as I loved that game, and would always defend it when people accused it of being a rip-off of "Corruption" another corrupting game using HS models... to me yours was better due to the "bimbo-fication" not being as extreme as that other game, and the story was better.

To be honest with you the sister character seems the same to me, just with a different hair-do (and obviously color, but since the mom became a brunette too it was to be expected). What's different about her ? just her spoken lines and backstory (ie college vs highschool) ? or is she also more "stacked/voluptuous" than her RiC counterpart ?

Also while I know you said its a lot of hard work, I hope you dont abandon Family Space/ Private Community, I am loving the hell out of that game, aside from the old maid (who even then I dont dislike), I cant wait for more content with the receptionist, or the mom/daughter or combo, or the repair girl... and also eagerly awaiting the models for the MC's family !!

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
So what the hell is DrSmith working for rn if you're remaking the same game? That's quite unfair to the dude. Now you two are pretty much working on the same game with different assets.

Also, 90% sure that Personal Resort will be abandoned in a few updates. Mark this post. :)

Now seriously. I had much respect for Boom but after this... I admire your honesty about the desire to up your financial stats but man. As you have said above, your games take several updates (months) to reach adult content. It means that during the next several months you will have nothing to offer besides usual filler. Come on.
The small difference will probably come in how they will proceed, Dr Smith will no doubt have his own take on how to proceed with the story for that, while Boom no doubt will continue his vision he had in mind...

Also Boom already said a lot of the beginning parts will be different with different animations (which sucks as some of those were awesome !!). While DrSmith said he is incapable of injecting animations into RiC going forward.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Well, keeping games within their ToS is kinda the thing that people dont exactly love.

Just in case there will be other platforms sometime, consider registering there as well. For people that dont want to use/support Paypal anymore, for people that dont like the weird, retarded social opinions about fictional adult content.

And about the game, I mean at least the "S" character has somewhat younger looks. And no huge, or even giganticly humongous tits. Guess thats half a win.
(Not sure if its a worthy replacement of Chloe, but maybe we get so see both. Oh my.)

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Man, you're counting differences between 2010 Audi A5 and 2013 Audi A5 - while slightly different, it's the same damn car. :)
I suppose, but to me animations >>> no animations

So it would be as if the 2013 Audi made me waste 40dollars in gas a week, and the 2010 Audi had me wasting 65 dollars a week... Those 25 dollars can buy me a damn filet mignon steak dinner... Same way a looping animation with moaning sounds is more fappable than a pretty picture with text you have to scroll through....

Reactions: Highland_Hunter
3.30 star(s) 100 Votes