Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Research Into Affection [0.6.8] (Teir-1)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

N7

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
MC is so unlikable. Ugly as hell too. Should have just put a fedora on him, considering the way he acts. I had to quit playing once the MC starts apologizing for being born during the date with Mom. Awful character.

Last edited:

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
MC is so unlikable. Ugly as hell too. Should have just put a fedora on him, considering the way he acts. I had to quit playing once the MC starts apologizing for being born during the date with Mom. Awful character.
In RiA the MC is not the typical "I must rape everybody" type of guy you find in other games.
He acts respectful and is full of love.

People which treat others like s**t, bully everyone for being different, lie all day long to get what they want... those character traits are awful.
If you are looking for something like that, fine... There's games out there where you find exactly that.

But if you want a game with a loving MC who actually cares about others, then stay and give RiA another shot.

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
This game kind of reminds me of DmD for quite a while, where there was lots of teasing but no actual sex between the main characters. The size of this game is absolutely huge coming in at just over 7Gb in size, which wouldn't be an issue if there was some actual penetration. Don't get me wrong I do like the game, I just hate when shit gets super dragged out like this. I spent hours hoping to see some actual sex, but when the end comes there is not unfortunately.

LostKing

Jul 20, 2020
This game kind of reminds me of DmD for quite a while, where there was lots of teasing but no actual sex between the main characters. The size of this game is absolutely huge coming in at just over 7Gb in size, which wouldn't be an issue if there was some actual penetration. Don't get me wrong I do like the game, I just hate when shit gets super dragged out like this. I spent hours hoping to see some actual sex, but when the end comes there is not unfortunately.
Yeah, I mean I like a slow build up with soft lewd scenes but this doesn't seem to progress past that much. I enjoy it but it seems a little stuck in a loop.

cougs

Sep 18, 2019
As the dev said there are plenty of other games that offer sex straight away and as for the grind i think it's a good thing that we don't get too much content straight away, more to look forward to.

Reactions: J..D and BloodyFace

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Yeah, I mean I like a slow build up with soft lewd scenes but this doesn't seem to progress past that much. I enjoy it but it seems a little stuck in a loop.
Penetration is coming... Don't worry fellas. :)
The reason behind the slow build up is simply that RiA is all about affection. MC does not want to hurt anyone or do something shady to the ladies.
In a mind control game for example things are "easier" for the MC due to lack of respect and true love.

If you want to know what content is coming in the next 3 releases click -> - Roadmap got updated August 11th

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
is the diary not supposed to show any level 6 stuff after you do it?
Hi there,

the level 6 diary entries will be added in v0.6.10 as you can see .

Cheers :)

Note: The roadmap for 0.6.9 is not up to date on there. In you can find an updated version (20.08.) as well as new sneak peek. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: J..D

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Not gonna lie, to be perfectly honest, I really, really, really, don't find the writing for this one to be AMAZING if I'm being honest. I played this one several updates ago and kind of let it stew as the updates came and went. Since then it seems that the developer may have taken the comments about the overuse of the word amazing to heart, to a point, and added other adjectives to describe things but he hasn't fixed the redundancy of his writing. It is so bad that it feels like each scene was written apart from the rest and lacks some continuity of story. Over the top compliments are re-used each scene progression, and redundant use of the M/C's reactions to the situations are ever present to the point of the dialogue being mind numbing. I soldiered on through to the 5th level until I could not take it anymore and just started using the skip button. Added to all of that is the author's overuse of phrases like, "Not gonna lie", "To be honest" and a few other cliches that really get annoying. On the positive side the Dev has cleaned up gameplay a bit but it's still a grindfest. It takes weeks in gametime to get through all the diary entries just to be able to mutually masturbate with mom and sis. I found myself fighting boredom and falling asleep trying to wade through the grind and the redundant dialogues. Finally I get the feeling that English is not the Dev first language due to the type of grammatical errors in the diaries and in the dialogue. I will give him credit for his writing in that respect in that there are far less errors of that type than in most VN's on here. Once he is approaching completing this game or sometime in between he really, really, really needs to take a hard look at editing his script.

Last edited:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Not gonna lie, to be perfectly honest, I really, really, really, don't find the writing for this one to be AMAZING if I'm being honest. I played this one several updates ago and kind of let it stew as the updates came and went. Since then it seems that the developer may have taken the comments about the overuse of the word amazing to heart, to a point, and added other adjectives to describe things but he hasn't fixed the redundancy of his writing. It is so bad that it feels like each scene was written apart from the rest and lacks some continuity of story. Over the top compliments are re-used each scene progression, and redundant use of the M/C's reactions to the situations are ever present to the point of the dialogue being mind numbing. I soldiered on through to the 5th level until I could not take it anymore and just started using the skip button. Added to all of that is the author's overuse of phrases like, "Not gonna lie", "To be honest" and a few other cliches that really get annoying. On the positive side the Dev has cleaned up gameplay a bit but it's still a grindfest. It takes weeks in gametime to get through all the diary entries just to be able to mutually masturbate with mom and sis. I found myself fighting boredom and falling asleep trying to wade through the grind and the redundant dialogues. Finally I get the feeling that English is not the Dev first language due to the type of grammatical errors in the diaries and in the dialogue. I will give him credit for his writing in that respect in that there are far less errors of that type than in most VN's on here. Once he is approaching completing this game or sometime in between he really, really, really needs to take a hard look at editing his script.
Thank you for your comment.

I'll only respond to the grammatical errors because the rest of it is obviously personal preference and personal opinions.
Each is entitled to their own and nothing wrong with that.

We are aware that there are some grammatical errors in the game, and as much as that sucks and as much as we wish that wouldn't be the case, it's also somewhat logical when you think about the fact that we add an entire books worth of dialogue into the game every month.

Now that doesn't mean that that excuses us, not even close.
Just trying to give you the reason on why that happens.
We try to keep it as mistake free as possible and even have a proofreader that goes through the dialogue before we release it.
But mistakes happen, especially in game development land.

We used to apply small bug-fixes for those errors, but that was so unclear for the players that they didn't know what to download anymore.
That's why we made the decision to fix all the dialogue errors in the game at every rounded update.
0.6, 0.7, 0.8 and so on.

And you are also right that English is not my first language, in fact... it's not even my second language.
I try to make it as mistake free as possible, and obviously try my best with every word that I write.

Once again, thank you for your post (y)

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you for your comment.

I'll only respond to the grammatical errors because the rest of it is obviously personal preference and personal opinions.
Each is entitled to their own and nothing wrong with that.

We are aware that there are some grammatical errors in the game, and as much as that sucks and as much as we wish that wouldn't be the case, it's also somewhat logical when you think about the fact that we add an entire books worth of dialogue into the game every month.

Now that doesn't mean that that excuses us, not even close.
Just trying to give you the reason on why that happens.
We try to keep it as mistake free as possible and even have a proofreader that goes through the dialogue before we release it.
But mistakes happen, especially in game development land.

We used to apply small bug-fixes for those errors, but that was so unclear for the players that they didn't know what to download anymore.
That's why we made the decision to fix all the dialogue errors in the game at every rounded update.
0.6, 0.7, 0.8 and so on.

And you are also right that English is not my first language, in fact... it's not even my second language.
I try to make it as mistake free as possible, and obviously try my best with every word that I write.

Once again, thank you for your post (y)
Your script overall is far superior as far as English grammar is concerned to most of the other non-English speaking Developers. I hope my criticisms did not come across as too harsh. Your game has some good qualities such as an obvious attempt to have the M/C as a caring character rather than a family molesting creep. I played RiA early on and I have noted improvements from then as I stated. I will still see what has happened again maybe around your update 7.0. Good luck.

Reactions: J..D
3.20 star(s) 107 Votes