Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
AVG definitely appears to have been a false positive. I got the same filerepmalware detection of the crunched zippy download a couple days ago. After the update in the virus definitions today it no longer flags. Also just for shits and giggles I did a check using a file comparison utility after noticing the exe's for 1.5, which never flagged, and 2.0 were the same size, had the same modification date, and even the same CRC value. As expected it found zero differences between the two at a binary level. In other words the detection was AVG being over sensitive which isn't the worst thing an antivirus could be.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Yes I use AVG, but in no other game happened ... Thanks for making patreon links available and for your quick response ... your games are really great, congratulations
Hi Ruodger, did managed to get the build to work?
I just quoted a a reply from Obsidion69 that reported his AVG also flagged the game as a false positive.
I did some looking into it and apparently some files get flagged by Anti Virus Programs simply by the file name.
Which is very weird to me...
You could try ranaming the file main file to something else and give it a try.

Will this game have pregnancy in future updates?
Pregnancy was always something I had planned to add into RIC when I was still developing it.
I do plan on adding it into this game also but players will have the choice if they whish to take this route.

This choice will be the last Corruption level.
Meaning at that Corruption level the player can choose how he would like to end the game.

Exmaple :
Characters are at Corruption level (*)
1. Pregnacy
2. Slave
3. etc
4. etc

AVG definitely appears to have been a false positive. I got the same filerepmalware detection of the crunched zippy download a couple days ago. After the update in the virus definitions today it no longer flags. Also just for shits and giggles I did a check using a file comparison utility after noticing the exe's for 1.5, which never flagged, and 2.0 were the same size, had the same modification date, and even the same CRC value. As expected it found zero differences between the two at a binary level. In other words the detection was AVG being over sensitive which isn't the worst thing an antivirus could be.
Thank you for confirming this Obsidion.

Reactions: strenif

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Ruodger, did managed to get the build to work?
I just quoted a a reply from Obsidion69 that reported his AVG also flagged the game as a false positive.
I did some looking into it and apparently some files get flagged by Anti Virus Programs simply by the file name.
Which is very weird to me...
You could try ranaming the file main file to something else and give it a try.

Pregnancy was always something I had planned to add into RIC when I was still developing it.
I do plan on adding it into this game also but players will have the choice if they whish to take this route.

This choice will be the last Corruption level.
Meaning at that Corruption level the player can choose how he would like to end the game.

Exmaple :
Characters are at Corruption level (*)
1. Pregnacy
2. Slave
3. etc
4. etc

Thank you for confirming this Obsidion.
Hi, the downloaded file from your patreon worked perfectly ... if you're saying about moving .exe, I pasted a shortcut on my desktop and it worked too ... thanks again.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks Boomatica,

While I don't like pregnancy I love impregnation (I don't know if that's weird) so I'm happy to see the option will be added down the road.

Hey, if no one else has told you, thanks for all your work on this project.
I know you're focusing on Private Community which I also like but RIA is my fav of the two
=D

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Will there ever be an Android ver ? :heartcoveredeyes: I really love your work!
Hi Weebi,

I've looked into exporting my games to android before but have never had the time to test it.

Once I get some free time one day I'll give it a try and get back to you.

Hopefully everything will run smoothly.

-Boom

Reactions: Weebi

j5LDC2TB

Sep 5, 2016
Screw that MEGA download on the high quality build that jacks up a 2.10 GB download to 6.48 GB to make sure that the download does not finish unless you subscribe !!
It doesn't, wait for it to decrypt and then pick which type you want, pc mac or linux, they're a touch over 2GB, then just d/l that one. You don't need all 3

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
What's the difference between RIA and RIC other than Dr.Smith took over RIC?! By the Sample Images it looks the same.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
@Boomatica I hope you don't mind me posting this, I waited a week out of respect for you.
@N7 For you.
@Sir.RedLight
I don't mind at all, I appricate you waiting as long as you did.
Thank you.

Just to be clear to everyone, I have abuslutly no issue with anyone sharing the links to my latest updates.

All I have ever asked is that when I release a new build to my patreons is that they wait a couple of days to share the links out of respect and fairness to my other patreons that are supporting me finacially to recivce the latest updates early.

Screw that MEGA download on the high quality build that jacks up a 2.10 GB download to 6.48 GB to make sure that the download does not finish unless you subscribe !!
Hi BDI123, I'm currently looking for better alternetives.
Mainly one that doesn't flash adverting in your face and that everyone is aware of and trusts.

I've been in contact with Sam @ nopy.to and not to get into too many details there's a waiting list.

Regarding your download shooting up to 6.48gb :
By any chance did you use the Mega desktop downloader to download the file?

If so please be sure to keep the download tab open in your brower while the file downloads in the program.
The program will download the file and the download % in the tab will update along with it.

Otherwise if the tab isn't open in your browser the program seems to get confused and just restarts downloading the file again after it reaches 100%.

What's the difference between RIA and RIC other than Dr.Smith took over RIC?! By the Sample Images it looks the same.
Hi Met4lsp4wn,

The best way I can say it is that it's the same but different....

I made a "very long... probably too long post" explaining everything if you're interesting in reading it.

BDI123

May 23, 2017
It doesn't, wait for it to decrypt and then pick which type you want, pc mac or linux, they're a touch over 2GB, then just d/l that one. You don't need all 3
One was all that I was downloading, at least that was what I thought but when the download started it showed 6.48 GB.

3.20 star(s) 108 Votes