artuar

Oct 25, 2020
Isn't this game and exact copy of Research into Corruption? Even the models and method of earning money by MC was copied. x'D
The name of the game has changed from Research into Affection to Sweet Affection. The same dev did the Research into Corruption but abandoned it. And this one, Sweet Affection is much better with much rework in different areas.

HiNumber2

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
UPDATE 0.7.2
Here are the links for the Sweet Affection 0.7.2 update

How to update from the 0.7.1 version, or what to do when you start from an earlier update is explained in that link as well.
If you can't get it to work, you can always tag BloodyFace with your questions or download the full package instead.

Vain FreeLand

Apr 3, 2021
God things :
RENDER IS GREAT
UPDATES FROM THIS DEVELOPER 10+ (at least guy is not liar like 97% of em , the abandoned or milking games out there)
STORY AND PLOT IS OK (I've seen better)

Bad things :
I hate games where you need to repeat billion times 1 scene this is not final fantasy RPG genre who need to grind anyway
As always why every developer exclude father from their games , it would be much better to have whole family around (!?)
MC is moron, in some funny ways

Reactions: campfap

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
The name of the game has changed from Research into Affection to Sweet Affection. The same dev did the Research into Corruption but abandoned it. And this one, Sweet Affection is much better with much rework in different areas.
is this a modern day 'Dark Magic"?? (not played this) the brother and sister are the Same, mom looks diff, but hell sounds like same objective kinda.... pound all pussy..

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
God things :
RENDER IS GREAT
UPDATES FROM THIS DEVELOPER 10+ (at least guy is not liar like 97% of em , the abandoned or milking games out there)
STORY AND PLOT IS OK (I've seen better)

Bad things :
I hate games where you need to repeat billion times 1 scene this is not final fantasy RPG genre who need to grind anyway
As always why every developer exclude father from their games , it would be much better to have whole family around (!?)
MC is moron, in some funny ways
For the good things - Thank you :)

Regarding the bad things - What do you mean by replaying scenes a billion times?

There's actually no need to.
You have different events each single hour to choose from - You'll reach 100% affection without the need of repeating them.
[Knock]/[Peep]/[Open]/etc. are different once you reach a new level.
Changelog for 0.7.2?
I don't have the numbers right now, sorry.

Here's the content overview for 0.7.2 - At least something, right? :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is this a modern day 'Dark Magic"?? (not played this) the brother and sister are the Same, mom looks diff, but hell sounds like same objective kinda.... pound all pussy..
No, not exactly.
Sweet Affection is a love/affection based game.

It's not about "pound all *****" ;)
anyone has a full save ? thanks
You don't need a full save.

Just start a new game - skip the intro and the tutorial.

Once you're in the map overview hit ESC and click on "Cheats" - In there, you can set up your affection level, unlock gallery/text messages/cams - give you all items from previous levels and money as needed.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I didn't play the original, and I don't know what the differences are between the two.

But I like this. It really is a kind of game that I love.
I think they're talking about Research into Corruption, which had much higher quality in terms of colloquial writing, but was a bit more irreverent/less sappy. I'm not 100% on the timeline, but that game I think was originally developed by Boomatica, then taken over at some point early in the development by DrSmith, so I'm not sure how much of the tone of the story belongs to who, and then it was abandoned and I think will be taken over by Dark Coven, who currently works with Nun Ya if you want to get a sense of their writing style.

I've been told the writing in this game improves at higher levels; I got to about the end of level 5/beginning of level 6 with I think 20 or so hours while reading almost every single line without skipping and frankly it got insufferable so I've not touched it for a few months. I want to get back into it so I can write a review giving what I think will be a fair take. I was disappointed by the shift in tone switching from RIC to this, but that's a subjective take and I would never knock points off a game for that; the writing style is infinitely more of a disappointment--the speech is somewhat similar but the verbal ticks in this game are greatly increased, there's less snarky humor, and the repetitiveness is honestly headache inducing at times. But the core of what's there is good so I do want to keep up with the game until it's done.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
This game is SO BAD, compared to the original game is a complete piece of shit.
Hello Again, Takemura!

I say again because even though this game isn't to your liking, as you've made perfectly clear in the quoted statment.
For some strange reason you keep coming back to this thread to try and "voice" your opinion on it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Which is totally acceptable, don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to share their own opinions!
But it just comes across as a very strange behaviour trait, one that has peaked my interest.

I mean, if you take a dog out on a walk but everytime you pass by a certain bush they seem to start barking at it,
you're going to be curious about what's going on inside that dogs head to make it bark at that bush so much!
- Is it just trying to let the human know it simply doesn't like that bush, but doesn't understand they already know?
- Is it just simply trying to get attention from whatever is inside that bush?
- Is it just hoping to find another dog just like him/her to become friends with?
Sadly... the human walking the dog will never know, not until the dog finds a better way to communicate.

Hence the reason for this message.
I'm very curious to find out what it is you're looking for exactly?

You've already let us and everyone else know that you find this game "SO BAD" and "a complete piece of shit".
Which is perfectly fine, not everyone is going to enjoy it, we're not expecting to please everyone.
But you've barked voiced, your opinion about the game several times now,
Which leads me to believe you're looking for something specifically.

Like the Human in that story, you've peaked my interest!
I'd very much like to know why the Takemura is so interested.

Please don't tell me it's because Timmy fell down a well... that keeps happening.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
10 gigs is actually insane. There has to be a way to compress the images better, full games are usually 3-5 gigs let alone works in progress. Unless this game has like 400,000 renders or something.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
10 gigs is actually insane. There has to be a way to compress the images better, full games are usually 3-5 gigs let alone works in progress. Unless this game has like 400,000 renders or something.
You can go for the LQ version, which is about ~2.05GB in size.

I don't have the exact number how many images are in the game at this point - But it's a lot.
The /Home folder (events at home) has about ~18200 files. That includes images and videos.

And when you check the latest change log, you'll see, there's quite some stuff added each month.
"1511 Images - 04 Animations - 55.433 Words"

Also - When you decide to go for the HQ version, you can just download the patches provided.
Same goes for the LQ version.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hence the reason why we supply a : Low Q version (Compressed images), which is 2gb.
In total, there are over 27k images currently in the game & 220 Animations.

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes