BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I checked the last update's image folder and I see none or is my eyes deceiving me
The first "all the way"-event, to pick up the quote, was implemented in the form of the level up event in update 0.6.10.
In update cycle 0.7.x - in which we're in right now - more of those events will occur.

That's also stated in the build cycle overview on Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Mentioned

Reactions: Kame-Sennin

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
What version are you using?
Is it 0.7.0 patched to 0.7.1 then to 0.7.2 or the 0.7.2 full version?
0.7.1 patched to 0.7.2
I downloaded the full version of 0.7.2 and that fixed the problem. It's a good thing I have a fast internet connection, because that would have been aggravating to have to deal with. I saw another game that could be updated within the game itself, and I think the latest version of Ren'py was designed to make that easier. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how difficult that would be, but it sounds like a good feature for large games like this.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
0.7.1 patched to 0.7.2
I downloaded the full version of 0.7.2 and that fixed the problem. It's a good thing I have a fast internet connection, because that would have been aggravating to have to deal with. I saw another game that could be updated within the game itself, and I think the latest version of Ren'py was designed to make that easier. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how difficult that would be, but it sounds like a good feature for large games like this.
I don't know what you mean with the updates, but this method we're using right now is pretty good.
Yes, you have to keep up with the updates for it to be working, but it's way better than downloading the entire build over and over again each month. :)

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Minor bug in that S level 7 texts don't unlock in gallery
Level 7 does not have any text messages yet.
They're going to be implemented at the end of the 0.7.x update cycle.

The text messages you're seeing right now are the Level 6 messages.
Level 6 content acts as a placeholder and gets replaced over time in the current update cycle.

It was planned to bring them along the specific in-game hours, but the team ran into some issues while implementing them.
It's all stated in :)

In addition to that I just want to mention that room items and spy-cams will be implemented then as well.

dieselpunk69

Mar 26, 2019
is there any hint yet who will be the last 2 remaining characters? please let 1 be the kinky big tiddie aunt we all loved - or even better her and her twin sister :p

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
I don't know what you mean with the updates, but this method we're using right now is pretty good.
Yes, you have to keep up with the updates for it to be working, but it's way better than downloading the entire build over and over again each month. :)
This is a game that uses an older version of Ren'py, but it has an "update" option in the preferences. That's what I was talking about. I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement, but it would be great for games as big as this.

Reactions: BloodyFace

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
This is a game that uses an older version of Ren'py, but it has an "update" option in the preferences. That's what I was talking about. I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement, but it would be great for games as big as this.
Ah, thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how something like that would work.
But I'm pretty sure it would require a server where the updates are ready for download via the game.

In the end it's basically the same without the need to unzip the file yourself or copying the content over to the main game.
But like I said - I'm pretty sure that would require an update server.

I think the solution the team came up with is pretty good.
It gives you the update without the need to redownload the full release over and over again.
Yes, you have to follow the installation instructions to not mess something up, but in the end it's as easy as installing a patch/walkthrough mod/etc.

Aug 28, 2017
Haahahah your profile picture coffee talk, from that shitty graphics game DEADLY SPERM-ention.

Or whatever detective name is... it was nice game but graphic was so shitty and gameplay lag as hell even when I modded with better texture patch looks like crap.
Haha, come on man. Graphics are not everything.

That game had a great personality and did not take itself so seriously.

Vain FreeLand

Apr 3, 2021
Haha, come on man. Graphics are not everything.

That game had a great personality and did not take itself so seriously.
Yes , nice story , detective is funny as hell, especially when he talk to himself about old school movies.

Possible game was under the radar cause it looks like copycat of Silent Hill 1 from PSX and with elements of Alan Wake or similar paranormal games.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Yes , nice story , detective is funny as hell, especially when he talk to himself about old school movies.

Possible game was under the radar cause it looks like copycat of Silent Hill 1 from PSX and with elements of Alan Wake or similar paranormal games.
You should watch the 90s series "Twin Peaks" to fully understand the game (Deadly Premonition). ;)

And that's enough off-topic from me. :D

Reactions: Vain FreeLand

Vain FreeLand

Apr 3, 2021
You should watch the 90s series "Twin Peaks" to fully understand the game. ;)

And that's enough off-topic from me. :D
Nah, too young for me. I'm more in twilight zone.

Hey, sorry we spoiled your game topic, with that detective games from past.

There is ''new'' shitty game called THE SiNKiNG CITY. I had high hopes till I saw how crappy it was. :cry::cry:

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Nah, too young for me. I'm more in twilight zone.

Hey, sorry we spoiled your game topic, with that detective games from past.

There is ''new'' shitty game called THE SiNKiNG CITY. I had high hopes till I saw how crappy it was. :cry::cry:
Nah, no problem. :)

I love that game and the series I mentioned, that's the only reason why I wrote something to that.
Not because I got mad because of it or something. :)

To the other one - There's a tragic story behind the developing of Sinking City. Look it up if you want. ;)

But that's really it now from me. Don't wanna get mods mad 'tho :)

• Hey there

Vain FreeLand

Apr 3, 2021
Nah, no problem. :)

I love that game and the series I mentioned, that's the only reason why I wrote something to that.
Not because I got mad because of it or something. :)

To the other one - There's a tragic story behind the developing of Sinking City. Look it up if you want. ;)

But that's really it now from me. Don't wanna get mods mad 'tho :)
Naaah... Fuck 'em. We talk nice bout games. I respect you cause you can stand compliment as much as critiques.
That's the shape of a real man. A true friend indeed.

As I said yesterday:

At least you are not liar and your updates are regular. I like your game. Especially green eyes of mom.
I love mom so much. Mc and sister not really. But mother is 1st AID for my lonely Corona nights.

• Red Heart

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Naaah... Fuck 'em. We talk nice bout games. I respect you cause you can stand compliment as much as critiques.
That's the shape of a real man. A true friend indeed.

As I said yesterday:

At least you are not liar and your updates are regular. I like your game. Especially green eyes of mom.
I love mom so much. Mc and sister not really. But mother is 1st AID for my lonely Corona nights.
Thank you so much, but I have to clarify - It's not my game.

I'm just part of the team.

All credits go to J..D for writing the entire thing and creating all the art for it.
Further, there's ofc. Boom, the programmer and the music guy (not mentioning their names, you can look them up in our if you want) :)

I'm just here to help you guys out when there are questions, or you folks need help in any way with the game.

Aug 28, 2017

Yeah I see what you mean. I think there is a part 2 but haven't checked it yet.

One of the funniest scenes from the game.

• Red Heart

Vain FreeLand

Apr 3, 2021
Yeah I see what you mean. I think there is a part 2 but haven't checked it yet.

One of the funniest scenes from the game.
You got me wrong mate.
I really loved game , I don't mind BAD GRAPHICS or old games , as the matter of fact LA NOIRE have great graphic but I like DEADLY SPERM (I name it like that) more cause Noire never pulled me inside the story. Those textures and too much glitchass it bothers me not graphics. Considering that game came like Alan Wake same year, textures and graphic are crap. Story plot and detective are fun and nice. Once again I don't mind to play retro OLD GRAPHICS games I still love Tomb Raider 4 more than Shadow of TR, despite 30 years old graphic.

DP WAS NICE. I hope some modder remaster the game. It was crashing like hell, barely 25 fps even on good PC and sometimes bugs makes it impossible to play.

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes