phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Why does MC keep calling Suzie his Mom when you clearly set her to be the Grandmother? It's irritating.

I just checked and when you set the relationships for Suzie under the cheats menu, when it asks you what her relationship is to YOUR mother; "Suzie is your Mom's Mo..." and you put Mom there, because she's your mom's mom... that is the relationship it keeps using, not the one for what Suzie is TO YOU, your Grandmother.

I feel too lazy to dig into the code and fix it... but holy crap is it more irritating than it should be. I might not have a choice if I want to enjoy the game.

EDIT: For now I just set it to say Grandma, even though either it's wrong or the original question is wrong. Makes the story playable for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodyFace

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Why does MC keep calling Suzie his Mom when you clearly set her to be the Grandmother? It's irritating.

I just checked and when you set the relationships for Suzie under the cheats menu, when it asks you what her relationship is to YOUR mother; "Suzie is your Mom's Mo..." and you put Mom there, because she's your mom's mom... that is the relationship it keeps using, not the one for what Suzie is TO YOU, your Grandmother.

I feel too lazy to dig into the code and fix it... but holy crap is it more irritating than it should be. I might not have a choice if I want to enjoy the game.

EDIT: For now I just set it to say Grandma, even though either it's wrong or the original question is wrong. Makes the story playable for now.
Huh? That's a new one.

Thank you for the report.
I'll inform the team right away about that.

Reactions: cougs and phreadom

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
Please don't make it boring. Repeatable compliment, same date place in restaurant, beach, movie, park. So many unnecessary words during sex, no danger, no threats, sooo boriiingggg

Dusttalesans

Dec 31, 2019
I do really enjoy this game been playing it for I think sense a year ago, but question, it's been 3years sense this game started in development shouldn't it be nearly finished by now? Counting that the guy had a life, like when I tried game development I made a really decent (unpublished) game within a month with no life, working so hard at it, it had 4 endings lots of text and interactable, not many bugs as stated by my 8 friends who did play it.

Reactions: BloodyFace

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I do really enjoy this game been playing it for I think sense a year ago, but question, it's been 3years sense this game started in development shouldn't it be nearly finished by now? Counting that the guy had a life, like when I tried game development I made a really decent (unpublished) game within a month with no life, working so hard at it, it had 4 endings lots of text and interactable, not many bugs as stated by my 8 friends who did play it.
Good to hear you're enjoying it :)

The game is currently in level 7 - there's still a long way to go, considering that the game is going to have 10 regular levels and 3 more levels of endgame content.

All stages and what to expect can be found in .

Even though there are monthly updates with a lot of content, it'll take some time 'til it's done.

Don't nail me to that, but I think SA in its current state contains about ~30k images and ~250 animations (+/-) and a lot of text.
So, yeah... There's quite a bit of content left which needs to be created. :D

Dusttalesans

Dec 31, 2019
Good to hear you're enjoying it :)

The game is currently in level 7 - there's still a long way to go, considering that the game is going to have 10 regular levels and 3 more levels of endgame content.

All stages and what to expect can be found in .

Even though there are monthly updates with a lot of content, it'll take some time 'til it's done.

Don't nail me to that, but I think SA in its current state contains about ~30k images and ~250 animations (+/-) and a lot of text.
So, yeah... There's quite a bit of content left which needs to be created. :D
yea I saw and keep this tab open, from my estimation at the current rate i have notice, this game won't finish for another 3 years, but honestly, and this is just from my own knowledge of what the average game developer should do, not including myself in this mix, I feel sense there isn't much mechanic like stuff, side the animation and 2 frame gifs, it should be easer, sense a lot of the facial expressions are the same and as far as it goes a lot of still images as well, putting an already made assets in a pose with some rendering shouldn't take long, the writing is a thing, but writing is fairly simple, now as the fact a story has been made and I assuredly assume a guideline to how it will go to a certain point, has been made at this time. with that in fact that it's just dialog between two characters or more, it should be simple process, not sure what codding ren uses, but it's a simple mechanic of a and b equals c, when character a speaks the player must click and the other character will speak. so I don't see the huge amount of difficulty in this from my general Estimation each scene is around 1-2 pages worth of dialog, I could write 6 in a measly 5 hours, and others should be able to at around 6 pages ever 4 hours on average (I'm sorta lazy when it comes to writing lel). Soo I have trouble seeing the difficulty of this project, a lot of content for sure. I won't deny that 8 and 9 are going to be the hardest sense the amount of dialog and animation will be much more I presume, but even still, from my total calculation on average someone should be able too do

10 - 15 events total including any diary pages (witch y'all do now that is), however cutting time from pre assets, it really should be

14 - 17.

but again this is my own humble opinion, and dw I'm not putting y'all in the same league as me, I'd expect better if that were the case. Also don't get me wrong i am sure all y'all are working very hard at this, well all who are working on this specific project I am just throwing out my opinion. :3

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
yea I saw and keep this tab open, from my estimation at the current rate i have notice, this game won't finish for another 3 years, but honestly, and this is just from my own knowledge of what the average game developer should do, not including myself in this mix, I feel sense there isn't much mechanic like stuff, side the animation and 2 frame gifs, it should be easer, sense a lot of the facial expressions are the same and as far as it goes a lot of still images as well, putting an already made assets in a pose with some rendering shouldn't take long, the writing is a thing, but writing is fairly simple, now as the fact a story has been made and I assuredly assume a guideline to how it will go to a certain point, has been made at this time. with that in fact that it's just dialog between two characters or more, it should be simple process, not sure what codding ren uses, but it's a simple mechanic of a and b equals c, when character a speaks the player must click and the other character will speak. so I don't see the huge amount of difficulty in this from my general Estimation each scene is around 1-2 pages worth of dialog, I could write 6 in a measly 5 hours, and others should be able to at around 6 pages ever 4 hours on average (I'm sorta lazy when it comes to writing lel). Soo I have trouble seeing the difficulty of this project, a lot of content for sure. I won't deny that 8 and 9 are going to be the hardest sense the amount of dialog and animation will be much more I presume, but even still, from my total calculation on average someone should be able too do

10 - 15 events total including any diary pages (witch y'all do now that is), however cutting time from pre assets, it really should be

14 - 17.

but again this is my own humble opinion, and dw I'm not putting y'all in the same league as me, I'd expect better if that were the case. Also don't get me wrong i am sure all y'all are working very hard at this, well all who are working on this specific project I am just throwing out my opinion. :3
I think you are kinda underestimating the work that goes into Sweet Affection.

Total update : 1669 Images - 03 Animations - 60.815 Words

Was the amount of content of the previous update, and it's not like we are working months and months for that, no... we produce that amount every single month.

Now, take the beta testing time, proofreading away from that and fixing any issues that arise and the coding
That give me around 3 weeks to create all the content myself.

So, that's around 3 weeks to create new locations, pose scenes, create the images, and write 60.000 words. (by one person)
(Not sure what you mean with pages, but one scene (for example a knock, is usually around 300/400 lines long)
(And take into account that the ideas for scenes, dialogue are not presented on a silver platter... you have to think about
all that stuff as well... That might sound strange for people that don't work in the creative business... but coming up with ideas and scenes sometimes takes a little bit longer...)

I'm not that familiar with other developers on this site anymore, nor with their projects.
But I think you will have a hard time finding a developer who produces bigger updates (and by himself).
(And who have been doing that straight for almost 2 years now...)

Could it be better, sure... could it be more... sure.
Am I already working 70+ hours each week on Sweet Affection... yes I am.
Do I want to have a little bit of a life outside of my computer and not kill myself behind it... Preferably, yes :p

We might not be doing everything perfect according to each and every person, but I can promise you that we are going as fast as we can.

Dusttalesans

Dec 31, 2019
I think you are kinda underestimating the work that goes into Sweet Affection.

Total update : 1669 Images - 03 Animations - 60.815 Words

Was the amount of content of the previous update, and it's not like we are working months and months for that, no... we produce that amount every single month.

Now, take the beta testing time, proofreading away from that and fixing any issues that arise and the coding
That give me around 3 weeks to create all the content myself.

So, that's around 3 weeks to create new locations, pose scenes, create the images, and write 60.000 words. (by one person)
(Not sure what you mean with pages, but one scene (for example a knock, is usually around 300/400 lines long)
(And take into account that the ideas for scenes, dialogue are not presented on a silver platter... you have to think about
all that stuff as well... That might sound strange for people that don't work in the creative business... but coming up with ideas and scenes sometimes takes a little bit longer...)

I'm not that familiar with other developers on this site anymore, nor with their projects.
But I think you will have a hard time finding a developer who produces bigger updates (and by himself).
(And who have been doing that straight for almost 2 years now...)

Could it be better, sure... could it be more... sure.
Am I already working 70+ hours each week on Sweet Affection... yes I am.
Do I want to have a little bit of a life outside of my computer and not kill myself behind it... Preferably, yes :p

We might not be doing everything perfect according to each and every person, but I can promise you that we are going as fast as we can.
I forgot most people imagery is a little different, I tend to forget that, and what I meant by page is basically a book page worth is what I meant, but I do know all about creative business believe me I wrote a few fanfics and had a book I gave up on writing(cause trying to describe anime like fight scenes is very difficult lmao), not to mention that game I did mention before. How hard is creating a image though? like i mention before most of the facial expressions are the same, don't you reuse those?

also why are you putting in so much time like 70hours or more on a game you really want to develop I understand, but from what I remember you are really only finishing it cause of the people that want it done, and the whole it being unfinished thing, I would suggest you take more time for yourself, not healthy in my opinion. ._.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #5 for update 0.7.6
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
#sneak-peeks

Roadmap for update 0.7.6
on Patreon

Release Dates:

Tier 3 / - July 31st (official)
Tier 2 Patrons / SubStars - August 7th
Tier 1 Patron / SubStars / Public - August 14th​

Reactions: DA22

Dusttalesans

Dec 31, 2019
there is a painful overuse of *smile* in the MCs lines, it seriously does not work. MC sounds creepy af too, like a niceguy incel
It's not actually, now think sometimes we are in the view of the MC, to describe what he's doing in that moment we use text the ** between two words in role play is used as a sign of action the chanter is taking the developer knew this and used this method witch I quite adore. Now that said, from the story built and the way the main chanter is (now anyways, in an alternate timeline though *cough cough* research into affection *cough cough*) He is describe as caring and kind, so much so that this guy forgets HE HAS A FUCKEN BONNER, who forgets that lmao. That aside he does know he has sexual needs that have to be taken care of, and if he has permission you bet his ooggally mooggallys he's going to stare you the fuck down, every fucken inch, otherwise it's an accidental look and his body's basic instinct (maybe even ULTRA INSTINCT), although I have noticed that gets over ridden when they really need help, but if reminded of there current state he will look, happens every single fucken time lmaoo. With all that said, I could see his happy af, not in the weird take advantage of you way or the forboden R word way, no just him as happy for his life, if you properly read you'll notice the MC has said many times he couldn't have asked for his life to really be any better, that yea a few things he would love to have changed, but most of them involve not having the ones he cares about suffer. So him smiling as a response to comfort them, sounds like something he would fucken do, he'd be the type of person in real life everyone needs, if everyone had a hot outside and inside, you wouldn't think this kind of nonsense because you be doing it too. :3

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
At this point, the game is so big it would be beneficial to have a torrent link, or to set up so the game can update itself from within the game.

My internet right now is so slow and spotty that I can't even download it because the download just fails. At least with a torrent, it picks up right where it left off when the internet reconnects.

Last edited:

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
At this point, the game is so big it would be beneficial to have a torrent link, or to set up so the game can update itself from within the game.

My internet right now is so slow and spotty that I can't even download it because the download just fails. At least with a torrent, it picks up right where it left off when the internet reconnects.
Hey :)

Can't say anything about a torrent, but I can recommend you .
JD2 is a download manager that can process almost everything, especially One-Click-Hosts.
It also resumes downloads after disconnects and such. (when the host allows it)

Your downloads probably fail because your browser cache is overflowing - something like that will not happen with JD2.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #6 for update 0.7.6
#sneak-peeks

Roadmap for update 0.7.6
on Patreon

Release Dates:

Tier 3 / - July 31st (official)
Tier 2 Patrons / SubStars - August 7th
Tier 1 Patron / SubStars / Public - August 14th​

Reactions: Lgn332 and DA22

erw255

Jan 27, 2020
Hey :)

Can't say anything about a torrent, but I can recommend you .
JD2 is a download manager that can process almost everything, especially One-Click-Hosts.
It also resumes downloads after disconnects and such. (when the host allows it)

Your downloads probably fail because your browser cache is overflowing - something like that will not happen with JD2.
I wanted to avoid installing extra software, but I'm going to have to try it because I just can't get this to download.

EDIT: Okay, I tried it and it's PAINFULLY slow. In fact, it's far, far slower than when I just tried downloading it directly from the link. Isn't there another way to go about this? As it is, it's saying it'll complete in over two days and it's already been going for hours.

Last edited:

Dusttalesans

Dec 31, 2019
I wanted to avoid installing extra software, but I'm going to have to try it because I just can't get this to download.

EDIT: Okay, I tried it and it's PAINFULLY slow. In fact, it's far, far slower than when I just tried downloading it directly from the link. Isn't there another way to go about this? As it is, it's saying it'll complete in over two days and it's already been going for hours.
use mega, my internet is around 20-200kbs constantly fluctuating, even dropping off a few times, but mega seems to be able to hold the download just fine, problem is sense it's so big it's gonna stop it downloading for a time before you can resume, unless you pay that is, of witch I might considering how much I use it to download ehem "Research".

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes