Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
This is a quote from the latest Progress Report / Q&A:

1. Is level 9 going to be implemented for M&S, this year?

Yes, that will definitely happen this year, but I can't give an exact date, yet.

We still have the following content to implement.

- Normal Hourly Events: 21:00, 22:00, 23:00, 24:00

- Special Hourly Events: Cosplay, Lingerie

- Special Weekend Events: Dates, Spa

- Misc. Events: Spy cams, Texts, Room items, etc.

Finishing Level 8 late Q3 would be likely if everything keeps going smoothly, but we all know that life sometimes likes to throw a curve ball, so I don't feel comfortable promising that, yet.

But, I do promise that I'll go as fast as possible.

Read all here:
So, you are implementing waste of time content (hourly, daily events, blah blah, are REALLY tired now and don't fit the progression anymore) for the next 6 months before giving people what they actually want. Gotcha.

I'll come back at the end of the year when lvl 9 is implemented and fast skip through the 1000000000000 lines of mind numbingly pointless and repetitive dialogue that has characters telling eachother they love eachother at least 1 time every few min over and over again. Seriously, the dialogue in this game is novel length conversations that could have been cut to two paragraphs. I ski9p through most all of it now, it's ridiculous frankly.

Reactions: Redgrave66

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
So, you are implementing waste of time content (hourly, daily events, blah blah, are REALLY tired now and don't fit the progression anymore) for the next 6 months before giving people what they actually want. Gotcha.

I'll come back at the end of the year when lvl 9 is implemented and fast skip through the 1000000000000 lines of mind numbingly pointless and repetitive dialogue that has characters telling eachother they love eachother at least 1 time every few min over and over again. Seriously, the dialogue in this game is novel length conversations that could have been cut to two paragraphs. I ski9p through most all of it now, it's ridiculous frankly.
Good to know that you are in the position to speak for everyone that plays this game. (y)

But, seriously.
I really don't understand your rant.
We've been progressing this game the same way for years now.
- First we implement the hourly events
- Then, we'll implement the special events.
- And, then we'll progress into the new level.

It's been like that and will continue to be like that.
We've been keeping people updated about the progress and they know what they can expect from us, always.
There is no secret agenda or stalling, no... we are just grinding out the updates as we've always done.

And, not only that.
We regularly ask people about the direction that we are taking, and that is exactly what we do...
We listen to our fans and supporters.

Now, that you don't like the dialogue or this type of game, I'm perfectly fine with that.
As mentioned many, many times already, I know that Sweet Affection isn't for everyone.
And you know? I'm fine with that.
If you just want us to skip through the levels and ignore all the dialogue and just get to the naughty stuff, well... I'm sure you can find plenty of titles on this website that will suit your need.

Sweet Affection is not only about that H-content, even though there is PLENTY of it.
It's also about the dialogue and the characters and their relationships together.
And, I can already promise you... that is not going to change. ;)

But, ultimately... I do wish that we could develop Sweet Affection faster, yes.
But, in case you don't know... we are not Ubisoft or FromSoftware.
We don't have hundreds people working on our projects.
No, there is ONE person working on all the content (me), and one person coding it. That's it.
And we are going as fast as we can while sticking to our direction.
But, the more we grow as a creator page, the more people I can hire and the faster we can go.
But, we had to start from scratch a couple months ago, so we are still in the process of building everything back up. :(

And, luckily. I know that plenty of people DO love the content that we produce each and every month. :)
And for you guys, we keep coming back to talk with you and share the latest news and our updates. :)

But, this is the last time I'm going to comment about the direction of the project or defend the content that we produce.
Feels like every month there is someone else starting up that same discussion and I'm kinda starting to get tired of it.
(I don't mean the messages from the past couple of days though.)
If you don't like it, that's a shame. but, I can't make everyone happy.
The best I can do is to do my best and sticking to what I want and what I think my supporters/fans want and giving them what I promised them. (A finished product).

BloodyFace
If people ask in the future again about this, you can direct them to this post. :)

Last edited:

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #4 for update 0.8.6
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
#sneak-peeks

Roadmap for update 0.8.6
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Roadmap on

New Discord!

:) Feel free to join! :)

Release Dates 0.8.6 (In development):

Tier 3 - May 31st (official)
Tier 2 Patrons
- June 7th
Tier 1 Patrons / Public - June 14th

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
We are planning to add more cheats in the future that will unlock the gallery for side characters.
Can't promise when that will be, exactly.
But, it is something we are working on. :)
great also could you explain the relationship between donna and rose are they more than family or what, it seems like they are

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma Tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.

1652845979734.png
1652846023095.png
1652846086919.png

Tradução com pouca revisão para a versão :v0.8.6
em quanto eu jogo mais alteração eu posso fazer

PS: o diário dos personagem não foi traduzido por que são imagens com mais de 650 imagens se eu for traduzir o diario vai ser de pouco a pouco em quanto eu jogo , so vai ser adicionado nos próximos update

Last edited:

Spankmiester

Jun 18, 2018
I am having trouble with the sister's timeline for the weekend level 8, 10 am event, this is holding back the 12 noon event with her in the 8.5 build... any suggestions or guidance?

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I am having trouble with the sister's timeline for the weekend level 8, 10 am event, this is holding back the 12 noon event with her in the 8.5 build... any suggestions or guidance?
When you try to play the noon event, it should say which one you need to unlock first.
Check the gallery or diary, which one you're missing there.
(Can't remember which event exactly it was)

In case, you already have them all unlocked, skip through them real quick to get the trigger again.

Porthos#1

Jan 17, 2020
I have to agree with Ronin on this. Mom and Sis have been sunbathing topless daily for too long to still have tan lines up top. I love the story line, but the nuanced thought is being spent on dialogue (which is increasing a lot) instead of the images.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I have to agree with Ronin on this. Mom and Sis have been sunbathing topless daily for too long to still have tan lines up top. I love the story line, but the nuanced thought is being spent on dialogue (which is increasing a lot) instead of the images.
And, as I answered to his comment as well.

Yes, they are sunbathing topless at home.
But, they are still wearing their normal bikini's at the spa and at the beach. :)

Dansiman

Nov 4, 2021
I downloaded both LQ and HD on last update. With a 2k monitor, I have to zoom in 400% to start to see any differences and then it is still small. Unless you have a 4k monitor and really want that extra bit just save the bandwidth and get LQ. Probably better to label these as 2k and 4k versions.
I would suggest "HD" and "UHD".

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I still have a soft spot for this game, but man... this dev can't write for shit.
Man, some of the scenes are sooo drawn out. Like, did you really need to write a bloody novel just for the spa introduction?
The top review pretty much sums up my thoughts on this game. What a waste of potential.
Man, this game is getting worse with every update
For someone that complains about the amount of writing, you need an large amount of it yourself to try and get your point across...

I/we get it, you don't like the direction of the game and you think it sucks now.
We heard you the first time.
If you still don't like it, I'm sorry, but if you still are playing it after more than a year of complaining, if you still don't understand that this is the direction of the game... then, there is not much that I can do to change that.

(Or, are you just getting a kick out of critiquing & bashing developers/games?)

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
For someone that complains about the amount of writing, you need an large amount of it yourself to try and get your point across...

I/we get it, you don't like the direction of the game and you think it sucks now.
If you still don't like it, I'm sorry, but if you still are playing it after more than a year of complaining, if you still don't understand that this is the direction of the game... then, there is not much that I can do to change that.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, all those posts are years apart. I mentioned in my last post that I have a soft spot for the game, which is why I revisit it every year or so to check if it's improved (lol) and share my thoughts. Would you rather NOT receive criticism? Oh, I guess I answered my own question.

• Sad
Reactions: J..D

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, all those posts are years apart. I mentioned in my last post that I have a soft spot for the game, which is why I revisit it every year or so to check if it's improved (lol) and share my thoughts. Would you rather NOT receive criticism? Oh, I guess I answered my own question.
"... this dev can't write for shit" <- That's no criticism, that's just a mean comment.
There is a difference between being mean and constructive criticism.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Constructive criticism

A feedback method that offers specific, actionable recommendations. Good constructive feedback facilitates positive outcomes and creates a positive working environment. It also provides a safe space where a person feels secure enough to ask questions, seek help, and share ideas.

criticism

the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
the act of passing severe judgment; censure; faultfinding.
the act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc.
a critical comment, article, or essay; critique.

I've said this on another thread, but I'll also say it here. Constructive criticism is boon to any dev, although at the end of the day not all "great ideas" need be, or should be added to there games. Think of a game the fans love as apposed to a game run by the fans. We've all seen where that goes. Then there is criticism itself which helps no-one.

Now if you had said something along the lines of

Yeah, this is one of the problems with the game. Hourly events (and usually 2-3 scenes per event). That worked pretty well early game when buildup was happening. Each event took a step forward. But now since the buildup is largely complete each event is becoming repetitive, sometimes very repetitive. The progression of the characters (M/S) doesn't match the pace anymore. It's still really slow (which worked early on) yet they've progressed a lot. Most events are largely filler now.

There is really no reason, other than non-updated level 7 events for the rest of the day, that the level 9 event couldn't happen in the next update. I'd actually endorse changing the style of M/S progression starting with level 9. You don't really need to do multiple hourly events for them anyone, for the reasons noted above.

My mockup of the new M/S schedule:

7 & 8 AM:
Toilet & Shower for each. Just 1 "Open door" event (cut down on repetition). He doesn't need to peep or knock anymore, due to previous progression.
9 AM - 1 PM :
Same as above. Just 1 "Open door" event for each hour. Doesn't need to knock or peep. (the same for when they go to work/school)
2 - 4 PM:
Same as it currently is.
5 PM:
2 events for each. Sis's events: 1 in her room. 1 interacting with Mom. Mom Events: 1 at the sink. 1 interacting with S
6 PM: Dinner. Same as currently is.
7 PM: 1 event for each.
8 - 9 PM: 1 event for each alone. 1 event for each interacting with the other.
10 PM: 1 event each
11 PM: 1 event each
12 AM: 1 event each

This does not include the cosplay/lingerie events, as they aren't a part of the regular day-2-day schedule. The basic premise of the new schedule is to cut down on the repetition by eliminating the "knock" and "peep" events. As those don't make sense anymore due to the progression of M/S. This doesn't necessarily mean less content, as I don't see why most of the events (like hug/help/talk) can't be combined into one. And it opens up time for new unique events (aka dates).
it would have been different. they said what they had a problem with, why they had a problem with it, and even gave suggestions on how they thought it could be improved.

Anyway J..D I've said this before to another dev, but it still rings true. Heaters are going to hate no mater what you do. Those that Like your game will those that don't wont. You can't change them just as much as they can't change you. While responding to and engaging with Constructive criticism is good for the community. No good comes from responding to hate.

At the end of the day the difference between the two can be as simple as not what you said but how you say it. So to all would be commenters if you want the dev to even consider what you have to say. You don't have to be a suck-up you don't even have to agree with the dev. Just don't be a jerk. How often does anyone respond positively to insults, and if the shoe was on the other foot and you got your own message would you even give yourself the time of day?

Mar 6, 2021

Apparently your last comment was deleted, so I'll leave the answer in this one right here.
I was going to leave a heart, but I hit my reaction threshold today (I didn't even know it existed).
Anyway, I love the game, I love that hot Mom and sister.
Don't be put off by these people, I know sometimes it's hard to swallow, but unfortunately the internet is full of people like that, defeated, frustrated with their lives, and come in places like these to denigrate people, offend them, and distill the your hate. People like that are to be pitied, nothing more.
I know it's hard to filter this out, but just try to take something really worthwhile from comments like this, and focus on comments (even critical ones) made politely and respectfully.
Keep up the great work, unfortunately I can't donate, but I'd really like to. And I look forward to level 9, where it looks like it's going to be crazy.

Caranthir

Jul 14, 2017
I hit my reaction threshold today (I didn't even know it existed).
Might have something to do with the fact that you actually went and facepalmed 9 of my posts (some dating back to february last year) because I facepalmed one of your posts today.
Now I don't know what the reaction threshold is, but you probably hit it by doing this with multiple people who disagreed with what you were saying. If you don't like what people are saying on this forum just use the ignore function ;)

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes