T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Anyone who is playing on Android, can you give me some explanation here on how to download and play this game? Cuz I'm thinking of literally giving up.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Anyone who is playing on Android, can you give me some explanation here on how to download and play this game? Cuz I'm thinking of literally giving up.
Regarding the Android version, we recommended either playing it
- Through an Emulator. (Such as JoiPlay, and downloading the windows LQ version)
Or,
- Using Wills747 his own android build. (Fan-made, not official.)
And, following these instructions.
https://f95zone.to/threads/sweet-affection-v0-9-0-naughty-attic-gaming.15780/post-8654846

Our own official Android build has a lot of issues at this moment, and we can't make it seem to work, normally.
The only way is with work around, and we are still trying to make it work as any other Android Game.

Reactions: T. Jin

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #6 for update 0.9.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
#sneak-peeks

Roadmap for update 0.9.1
Roadmap on

New Discord!

:) Feel free to join! :)

Release Dates 0.9.1 (In development):

Tier 3 - November 30th (official)
Tier 2 Patrons
- December 7th
Tier 1 Patrons / Public - December 14th

Jan 28, 2018
Small little bug report: When you take the girl in the motel, she wakes up, you talk to her, then you turn away and walk towards the door it says: "You quickly turn back around towards Eve." even though she never mentioned her name up to this point.

Reactions: J..D

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Both noted, thank you. :)

Here have another... :D

Sneaky S is something I noticed a few times now.

I would really suggest you get someone to prove read your scripts and I mean all of them. There are a lot of mistakes there.
The only flaw of the game really. No hard feelings. :D

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019

Here have another... :D

Sneaky S is something I noticed a few times now.

I would really suggest you get someone to prove read your scripts and I mean all of them. There are a lot of mistakes there.
The only flaw of the game really. No hard feelings. :D
Yeah, there are millions words of dialogue and content currently in the game, so the amount of grammar mistakes is already a big higher than I'd like it to be.

I intent to go back through all the older content, not only fixing the grammar issues, but also to
smooth out some of the writing. (especially level 5 for M&S).
However, my focus currently is 100% on producing new content, and I don't have time to do that, yet.

As for hiring a proofreader, we used to have one for a while, but unfortunately he had to stop
because of personal reason. (Although I'm expecting him to come back early 2023.)

Hiring another proofreader is not that easy for me, simply because it's hard for me
to trust someone else with my hard work.
I put 70/80 hours a week in Sweet Affection and I put everything that I have in it, and for me it's more than a job.

And, in the past when I hired proofreaders, well, let's just say that I had bad experiences with some of them.
- Some proofreaders like to make a script their own, instead of just fixing the mistakes.
- Or, some proofreaders can't handle the amount of work.

So, in order for me to hire someone, I don't only need to trust their capabilities, but also trust them personally.
And, of course something like that isn't build in one day.

So, after a couple bad experiences, I just decided to do it myself, and to do my best.
I know that it's not 100% perfect, and trust me... each time someone posts a grammar mistake, I want to hit myself in the face.
But, I like to believe that I'm still doing a good job of it.

Of course I'd like to have everything 100% perfect, right away.
But is still a game in development, so small mistakes are to be expected. (And, apart from coding, all work is being done by 1 person.)

But, 100% sure.
Before this game is finished, all grammar and visual mistakes will be fixed. :)

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, there are millions words of dialogue and content currently in the game, so the amount of grammar mistakes is already a big higher than I'd like it to be.

I intent to go back through all the older content, not only fixing the grammar issues, but also to
smooth out some of the writing. (especially level 5 for M&S).
However, my focus currently is 100% on producing new content, and I don't have time to do that, yet.

As for hiring a proofreader, we used to have one for a while, but unfortunately he had to stop
because of personal reason. (Although I'm expecting him to come back early 2023.)

Hiring another proofreader is not that easy for me, simply because it's hard for me
to trust someone else with my hard work.
I put 70/80 hours a week in Sweet Affection and I put everything that I have in it, and for me it's more than a job.

And, in the past when I hired proofreaders, well, let's just say that I had bad experiences with some of them.
- Some proofreaders like to make a script their own, instead of just fixing the mistakes.
- Or, some proofreaders can't handle the amount of work.

So, in order for me to hire someone, I don't only need to trust their capabilities, but also trust them personally.
And, of course something like that isn't build in one day.

So, after a couple bad experiences, I just decided to do it myself, and to do my best.
I know that it's not 100% perfect, and trust me... each time someone posts a grammar mistake, I want to hit myself in the face.
But, I like to believe that I'm still doing a good job of it.

Of course I'd like to have everything 100% perfect, right away.
But is still a game in development, so small mistakes are to be expected. (And, apart from coding, all work is being done by 1 person.)

But, 100% sure.
Before this game is finished, all grammar and visual mistakes will be fixed. :)
I had a friend that was a writer that had that same problem. Seems to hit even harder when your not writing a "standard" story. By the time they got done. What made there story (there story) was no longer there.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Oh boy... are you really gonna do that?

I agree and shared some of my thoughts on that a long time ago, but it is what it is. While if it those happen that way it would not be the direction I would have liked the story to go ultimately what I like about the story still outweighs what I dislike.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I agree and shared some of my thoughts on that a long time ago, but it is what it is. While if it those happen that way it would not be the direction I would have liked the story to go ultimately what I like about the story still outweighs what I dislike.

I mean AFAIK it hasn't happened yet... I hope J..D changes his mind about that.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019

I mean AFAIK it hasn't happened yet... I hope J..D changes his mind about that.

I think everyone knows that I don't like giving out spoilers regarding the story and the events.
So, I'm not going to do that. :)

And, regarding me changing my mind?
I hope that this is not going to sound too harsh or disrespectful, because I don't mean it like that.
But, I follow my own ideas and plan and have done that since day 1.
I know that a lot of people want to see different things, and that is okay.
But, this is the story that I want to tell. (Oof, suddenly Final Fantasy 10 flashbacks. :p )

One thing that I will say though,regarding this topic, and I will put this in spoiler tags.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I think everyone knows that I don't like giving out spoilers regarding the story and the events.
So, I'm not going to do that. :)

And, regarding me changing my mind?
I hope that this is not going to sound too harsh or disrespectful, because I don't mean it like that.
But, I follow my own ideas and plan and have done that since day 1.
I know that a lot of people want to see different things, and that is okay.
But, this is the story that I want to tell. (Oof, suddenly Final Fantasy 10 flashbacks. :p )

One thing that I will say though,regarding this topic, and I will put this in spoiler tags.
Please don't misunderstand me. I DO want you to tell your story it's YOUR game after all.
I just like to share my thoughts.
When I said I hope you reconsider I didn't mean to persuade you to do to so.
It was just me venting a bit.

Don't let anyone EVER tell you how your game is suppose to be. :D

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #1 for update 0.9.2
#sneak-peeks

Roadmap for update 0.9.2
Roadmap on

New Discord!

:) Feel free to join! :)

Release Dates 0.9.2 (In development):

Tier 3 - December 31st (official)
Tier 2 Patrons
- January 7th
Tier 1 Patrons / Public - January 14th

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
Just starting the game and I see a 12.7gb download. Ooh boy, it seems I've got a lot of content to go through which is very nice

Reactions: J..D
3.20 star(s) 107 Votes