J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Oh?

Is it in name only as flavour text or do we get actual content with it?

Hmm, How do I explain this?
I am under the assumption that J.D decided that he will take the game to a more wholesome situation, more conservative even, after thinkings things over. Hence removing the spy cams and such.

Now pregnant content is something that some were to categorize as a niche fetish or hardcore even.
So how far do you want to take this?

Can I expect some visual stuff and maybe even H-scenes (epilogue most likely) with it or just text that it just happened and the game ends like that? :HideThePain:

Not gonna lie I am a bit excited since I really like this content but would be dissapointed if its just there hidden in the narrative you know?
Would love to know this beforehand.
I'm not sure how that will play out, but I guess, game will be have slow and steady progress wit much wholeness and text. The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But, well, we will see how it will go on now, there are many open possibilities, some will be sure implemented into game. It's always developers game, all decisions are his. We'll see how the story will continue. I'll be probably OK with it. It didn't disappoint me yet. I have faith.
You said spy cams, devs say already they will be remove theme some time ago, they part of the old game and aren't not more needed. In game called "sweet" they are out of the place.
Of course I won't be discussing spoilers, because that is something I'll never do.

But everyone who has played the level up 9 --> 10, and see how that event ended know what kind of appearance M will have during level 10. ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I believe that that chapter can be one of the most beautiful experiences in a loving relationship.
And, I am making a game that is purely focused on love.
So skipping that content... skipping that chapter in their journey together.
That would be insane. (And I want to show every step of their lives together.)

In the end, this will be another chapter in their journey together. :)

pedrosweet

Apr 24, 2022
You can not cut words without changing the feel and flow of the story.
Absolutely wrong! It is the easiest thing to tell a story with far too many words. Haven't you ever heard a story told at a party, & at the end thought it could have been told in a fraction of the time? It's the same when a story is written, but takes longer because reading is slower than talking. And it isn't a matter of being a great writer, but of being disciplined in writing practice.

Not to mention the shear size of the game.
Which is a product of poor developer practice. Most frames are (indicated by the keyword 'scene' in the code) part of [sometimes large] groups that are the same except for some detail (such as facial expression). The developer gives us a full screen image for every such frame. Far better is to have one base image & a set of images, just big enough to show the differences, that you display on top. This can be taken to multiple levels, & I think 3 are appropriate for this game...
  • Backgrounds for all combinations of space & view,
  • Characters posed in position,
  • Detail differences.
Even basic application of this principle could bring this 20 GB game down under 5 GB.

just looking at the rpy for the bathroom alone it is 17356 lines to go through ...
I have extracted all the narrative & dialogue, & put it into a word processor, just to get a word count. It is 1.9 MILLION words, in 249,500 lines. Every one of those lines (which are for the entire game) is also a line of code. But they're not lines that perform any logic. They just throw text at the screen. Reduce all blocks of one or more consecutive such lines to single lines & it comes down under 9000 lines. And that's not the whole story of that.

Back to that count of 1.9 million words. There is no way you ever have read that many words in a book, or ever will. Here's a comparison, in descending order, that shows why...

WordsWhat1.9 m / words
780,000The Bible (including the Apocrypha)2.4
619,000All 6 of the Foundation novels by Asimov3.1
587,000War & Peace by Tolstoy3.2
481,000The Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien4.0
400,000Don Quixote by Cervantes4.8
70,000 to 100,000typical literary novel19 to 27
40,000 to 60,000typical pulp novel32 to 48

In a game, the media (even if only static images) can take the place of words that are necessary in text alone. So whatever the storytelling ambitions, the word count should be at the low end... or less.

Last edited:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Absolutely wrong! It is the easiest thing to tell a story with far too many words. Haven't you ever heard a story told at a party, & at the end thought it could have been told in a fraction of the time? It's the same when a story is written, but takes longer because reading is slower than talking.

Which is a product of poor developer practice.

I have extracted all the narrative & dialogue, & put it into a word processor, just to get a word count. It is 1.9 MILLION words, in 249,500 lines. Every one of those lines (which are for the entire game) is also a line of code. But they're not lines that perform any logic. They just throw text at the screen. Reduce all blocks of one or more consecutive such lines to single lines & it comes down under 9000 lines. And that's not the whole story of that.

Back to that count of 1.9 million words. There is no way you ever have read that many words in a book, or ever will. Here's a comparison, in descending order, that shows why...

WordsWhat1.9 m / words

In a game, the media (even if only static images) can take the place of words that are necessary in text alone. So whatever the storytelling ambitions, the word count should be at the low end... or less.
Sigh Why am I doing this... again...

You might think that it's poor developer practice and you have every right to think that.
It's your opinion and your own opinion is never wrong.

However, your opinion is NOT a fact nor something every other developer/person should live by.
No, it's just your own personal preference.

Just like the hundreds/thousands of fans of Sweet Affection that DO enjoy the way that I create the game.
That DO enjoy the full experience that I give them.
That I show every letter between A & Z, instead of just skipping from A to H to Z.

This is how I choose to develop Sweet Affection.
This is my vision, this is my creativity and this is my project.
If you think you or anyone else can do it better, then please develop your own project and show the world what a AAA Developer you are and awe us with your amazingness.

Sweet Affection is dialogue heavy, simple as that.
There are plenty of other projects on this website and internet that you can get through with a couple clicks and barely any dialogue.
There is something for everyone.
So for the love of God, let everyone just enjoy what they enjoy and let them enjoy that in peace.
Not every project is made for you specifically, not everything in the world is about you. (I don't mean you personally, but just in general.)
A project is made by the vision and creativity from a developer/team.

And when you remove words from a story, you by definition change that entire experience.
You can cut the bible down to a couple thousands words as well, but it will not have the same impact as it does now.
You can shorten The Lord of The Rings trilogy to make it fit 1 book, but it won't have the same experience.

In the end, it is what it is.
If you like it, you like it. If you don't like it, move along to something you might enjoy a little bit more. :)

Also, 1.9 words is without diary pages/texts and certain side characters, I think. :p
More accurate (by my latest calculation) is between 2.5 - 2.75 million.
And let me tell you, I'm proud of that. :)
That I've been able to create such a huge experience, to make something so unique.
Sweet Affection might not be perfect, it might have it flaws.
But I'm proud of every single image I created, letter that I written and update that I produced. ;)

(This message is not purely directed towards you, because obviously you didn't say anything really that negative apart from me being a poor developer.
This is also a public answer to the 2 DM's I received complaining about the size of the game and amount of dialogue.)

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Absolutely wrong! It is the easiest thing to tell a story with far too many words. Haven't you ever heard a story told at a party, & at the end thought it could have been told in a fraction of the time? It's the same when a story is written, but takes longer because reading is slower than talking. And it isn't a matter of being a great writer, but of being disciplined in writing practice.

Which is a product of poor developer practice. Most frames are (indicated by the keyword 'scene' in the code) part of [sometimes large] groups that are the same except for some detail (such as facial expression). The developer gives us a full screen image for every such frame. Far better is to have one base image & a set of images, just big enough to show the differences, that you display on top. This can be taken to multiple levels, & I think 3 are appropriate for this game...
  • Detail differences.
Even basic application of this principle could bring this 20 GB game down under 5 GB.

WordsWhat1.9 m / words

1363107164564.gif
Cool story bro... nobody gives a shit...

Make your own game if you care that much...

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed unofficial Android port of Sweet Affection v0.10.0
Usual gestures, seethru textbox, resizeable text and dialogue etc etc...
Scrollable choices if multiple
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves and log location

Special Instructions:
Unzip and install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to documents/Wills747/sweet.affection/game folder.
Copy the rpa files to the directory indicated in game. (game will quit now)
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card this may slow the launch.

archive.rpa (7.02Gb) (ex 0.8.9)
(Complete)

Mega
(Split 2 part zip files)
Mega
Mega

archive2.rpa (1.99Gb) (0.8.9-->0.9.5)
Mega

archive3.rpa(1.99Gb)(0.9.5-->0.9.92)
Mega

v0.10.0 APK
Special Instructions:

You MUST have the archive.rpa, archive2.rpa AND archive3.rpa in the correct folder.
If you have 0.8.9 archive.rpa /0.9.5 archive2.rpa/0.9.92 archive3.rpa there's no need to download them again.
Mega
Updated my Android port to v0.10.0

pedrosweet

Apr 24, 2022

11/10 for cheap dismissal.

I care enough about this game to put in the non-trivial effort in what I wrote. But you didn't consider such a possibility as you bashed out your quick reply .

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Uthuriel

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017

• Detail differences.

WordsWhat1.9 m / words

I think J..D's post sums up most of what I would say, but you do realize the same old character sprite over a background would change the artistic expression of the game.

If I wanted to play everything else I would not be here but everywhere else.

Now I have seen some done better then others. There was one game I played years ago (cant remembert the name) that that used multiple images put together to to recreate the scene, but adding transparency would also inflate the file size. Every pixel with a transparency layer has an 8 bit alpha channel. The images already have less bits then pixels as is.

The fact that J..D has chosen to do each image individually and not reuse images just because the situation is similar means there would just be thousands more broken up images. Development time would slow as J..D would have even more to place , cleanup, and make sure those not go wrong. The idea may seam so "easy" and "simple" on paper, but in practice without changing how they have chosen to express there characters, and cutting corners it would be impossible.

I have made games where I had everything separated (arm sprite, leg sprite, head sprite, etc) there is a fundamental difference in how you must both go about it, and plan the exaction.

Let me ask you, and the rest that keep rehashing this same topic. What is the point. Is it supposedly to help the dev improve his almost complete game? To explain something he may not have realized through all the years of people trying to make him change? To let the fans know that they should stop liking the game for what it is because they don't know true literature?

You all say it is flawed, that no one really likes or reads all of it, ect, but of all the games on this site, and there are many others I enjoy. The only one I truly fallow the progress of not just check up on here and there is this one. Of all the reactions I have given J..D and, or BloodyFace would have the most. I have read more then most people do in there lifetime, and at this point I can do with some long winded fluff.

There is no way you ever have read that many words in a book, or ever will
Try a chines webnovel there word counts make those books seem like nothing. Just checked the word count of one I am past chapter 5000 in. I got about 2000 a chapter that is 10 million words read. Back when I was reading harry potter I had read one of them in a day. I may not be that fast now, but at the time I could have explained the entire plot to you the next day.

There is nothing that could be done to reduce the file size without upsetting someone. No matter the potential amount of more fans and patreons the dev may get. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Not to mention you can not please everyone. Change X fan a, and patreon member b liked it better before. So if it is what pleases the dev should he not stick to his vision.

This is not some radical change by a dev with no clear goal in site, but a calculated choice and decision by one that has been working towards there endgame for years. There is nothing you, I, or any of us can do to change that. All we can do is harass the dev to the point they once again stop visiting.

The dev has made there stance clear, and as for explaining to me, I understand. I just do not agree.

This topic is dragging on to long. Outside of the new player that honestly and ignorantly askes. (not the insulting ignorant but the true meaning of the word) I will do like Uthuriel and ignore J..D I would suggest you do the same. If you do not like the game for what it is but rather x aspect, or c aspect of it. Sorry, but it is not changing. Ether learn to enjoy it for what it is or fined one you will enjoy. As I have repeatedly said at this point even if the dev wanted to change. It is far to late in the game.

IIRC ch 11 is the beginning of the end so this is are last major main story chapter.

I guess I had more to say then I originally thought.

View attachment 3097279

took me a minute to realize what in the world was going on there.

After realizing what is going on there ... what is going on there?

I have no words.

edit
pedrosweet let me be clear. I am not saying I will ignore you if you respond. We have started a conversation, and one of the things that get on my nerves is when someone speaks then says there ending the conversation so as to have the last word. If you respond I will read it. I may, or may not respond, but I will read what you have to say.

I have myself thought of ways to reduce the size using layered images years ago, but even the most benign changes would take a fundamental change that would disrupt the development cycle. I don't report every miner typo or graphic glitch I see. As of now the game will reach its conclusion. Then those glitches and typos will be cleaned up, but after that instead of trying to fined a way to reinvent their image wheel in this game it will be time to move onto the next game.

Last edited:

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Hmm... Funny...
People arguing about too many words in a VN and using a wall of text to get their point through. Am I the only one that sees the irony in that? Anyway - There is a saying in my country that the ones that know the best how to steer a ship, are always the people that are watching from the shore. I think that saying is very true in this situation...

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
11/10 for cheap dismissal.

I care enough about this game to put in the non-trivial effort in what I wrote. But you didn't consider such a possibility as you bashed out your quick reply .
Was it a cheap dismissal??

No - it was a dismissal of yet another person who acts like they know better, backed up by their facts, while Ignoring the audience that SA appeals to.

Have you considered that your 'guidance' - Sweet Affection has too many words so fix it - is something longtime supporters of SA have heard over and over again?

How much of this thread did you actually read before making your 'Judgments'?

I've been a $ supporter of SA (and prior to that RIA as it used to be known) for at least 3 years.

Why would I want, or other supporters (whether those who support via Patreon or those who support here on this thread) want the dev to change writing styles when this AVN is entering its final chapter/epilogue moments?

You have pointed out that you don't like the number of words used in SA.

We have heard you and you are not going to change our minds, nor the minds of the dev team.

Where does that leave you?

Stay and complain or go to find something you enjoy more.

As an example:

Let's say you don't like dragons (re: GOT).

You write to George R.R. Martin and complain that you don't like dragons and he should replace them with krakens - something that makes more sense to you since Westeros is surrounded by water.

You suggest ways he could adapt kraken abilities and make changes to Westeros so that your kraken desires can be realized.

What are the odds that your Opinion/desire for change is going to change his writing style in the middle of his current novel and/or prompt him to rewrite his series from early in book 1?

If you got any response at all - he would not endorse your desired changes and might wish you luck finding something more to your liking.

Good Luck in your search for stories told the way you enjoy them!

Cheers!! :coffee:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
This topic is dragging on to long. Outside of the new player that honestly and ignorantly askes. (not the insulting ignorant but the true meaning of the word) I will do like Uthuriel and ignore J..D I would suggest you do the same. If you do not like the game for what it is but rather
Just quoting this part, because you know I already agree with you. ;)

I am working on a FAQ that rudy007 suggested quite some time ago.
It will feature the frequent questions/comments, such as

- Why such a big size.
- Why so many words.
- Why is the game developed like this.
- Compression.
- Android
- Future of this project and my vision about that.

It will be one massive post, but it will be the final post that I will make about those matters and anyone can just link towards that post whenever people ask about those topics.

Some people are new, and I understand that they might have questions.
But I am tired of having the same discussion every couple of weeks, as is everyone else on this thread, I imagine. :)

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Was it a cheap dismissal??

No - it was a dismissal of yet another person who acts like they know better, backed up by their facts, while Ignoring the audience that SA appeals to.

Have you considered that your 'guidance' - Sweet Affection has too many words so fix it - is something longtime supporters of SA have heard over and over again?

How much of this thread did you actually read before making your 'Judgments'?

I've been a $ supporter of SA (and prior to that RIA as it used to be known) for at least 3 years.

Why would I want, or other supporters (whether those who support via Patreon or those who support here on this thread) want the dev to change writing styles when this AVN is entering its final chapter/epilogue moments?

You have pointed out that you don't like the number of words used in SA.

We have heard you and you are not going to change our minds, nor the minds of the dev team.

Where does that leave you?

Stay and complain or go to find something you enjoy more.

As an example:

Let's say you don't like dragons (re: GOT).

You write to George R.R. Martin and complain that you don't like dragons and he should replace them with krakens - something that makes more sense to you since Westeros is surrounded by water.

You suggest ways he could adapt kraken abilities and make changes to Westeros so that your kraken desires can be realized.

What are the odds that your Opinion/desire for change is going to change his writing style in the middle of his current novel and/or prompt him to rewrite his series from early in book 1?

If you got any response at all - he would not endorse your desired changes and might wish you luck finding something more to your liking.

Good Luck in your search for stories told the way you enjoy them!

Cheers!! :coffee:
Hmm, the real question now is...
"What would Daenerys do with all those tentacles from the kraken."

"Mother of Tentacles."
:unsure:
Would she ride them as she rides the dragons?:sneaky::LOL:

Last edited:

Flynn13

Aug 7, 2018
I am getting an 'exception' page trying to go on date with mom & sis. Ignore works to bring me back to the game but does not hlp me get on wiith the date. attached is the full overview. Thanks in advance for any help.

label Overview:
scene expression "Overview/Misc/Home-" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".jpg"
hide screen ScreenBG
$ initShowScreens("S" + Location)
with ffade
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
$ initJumpTo("Overview")

label after_load:
$ renpy.music.stop("music")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicM")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicS")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicMain")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicZ", 3)
$ savedVersion = config.version
return

screen SOverviewR():
imagemap:
ground "Overview/Misc/Main.png"
hover "Overview/Misc/Main-Hover.png"

hotspot (5, 5, 42, 49) action Quit(confirm=True) tooltip "Quit"
hotspot (97, 5, 46, 49) action ShowMenu("save") tooltip "Save"
hotspot (145, 5, 46, 49) action ShowMenu("load") tooltip "Load"
hotspot (719, 5, 46, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(DiaryDefVal), Function(initShowScreens, "SDiary")] tooltip "Diary"
hotspot (767, 5, 47, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "gameHelper")] tooltip "Helper"
#hotspot (816, 5, 47, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "Spycams")] tooltip "Spycams"
hotspot (865, 5, 47, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "cellphone")] tooltip "Cellphone"

###Money
frame:
pos(291, 6)
xysize(140, 47)
background None
padding (0, 0)
vbox:
xfill True
yfill True
text "Balance" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 xoffset -5
text "[Money]$" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 xoffset -5
###Patreon
frame:
pos(531, 6)
xysize(140, 47)
background None
padding (0, 0)
button:
xfill True
yfill True
tooltip "Work"
vbox:
xfill True
yfill True
text "Income" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 yoffset -4
text "[Income]$" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 yoffset -4
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initJumpTo, "Computerlabel")]

###Hour
imagebutton:
pos(958, 6)
tooltip "Pass the time"
idle "Overview/Time/[Hour][Timeday].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Time/" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.07))
action Function(initAddHour)

###Day
imagebutton:
pos(1109, 6)
tooltip "Pass the day"
idle "Overview/Time/[WeekDay].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Time/" + WeekDay + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.07))
action [Function(initAddDay), Function(initJumpTo, "End_Day")]

$ tooltip = GetTooltip()
if tooltip:
python:
count = 0
count = Text(tooltip).size()
count1 = int(count[0]) + 52
add "gui/button/choice_idle_background.png" at xysized(count1, 70) ypos 50
text "[tooltip]" xpos 25 ypos 66

screen SOverview():
add "Overview/Misc/Home-" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".jpg"
use SOverviewR
button:
area(0, 65, 505, 365)
tooltip MName + "'s Bedroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "MBedroom")
idle_background Frame("Overview/Misc/Overview-Ground.png")
hover_background Frame("Overview/Misc/Overview-Hover.png")
button:
area(525, 64, 388, 366)
tooltip "Your Bedroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "PBedroom")
button:
area(932, 64, 475, 365)
tooltip SName + "'s Bedroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "SBedroom")
button:
area(8, 686, 171, 381)
tooltip "Bathroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Bathroom")
button:
area(210, 686, 169, 382)
tooltip "Toilet"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Toilet")
button:
area(708, 676, 700, 399)
tooltip "Lounge"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Lounge")
button:
area(404, 680, 301, 395)
tooltip "Kitchen"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Kitchen")
button:
area(0, 497, 87, 122)
tooltip "Leave"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Map")

###Sarah
button:
pos (1344, 6)
xysize (283, 47)
tooltip "Relationship: " + str(Sarah.Relationship) + " Affection: " + str(Sarah.AffectionP)
action Function(initNothing)
frame:
pos(1344, 6)
xysize(47, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Sarah-DP-Level1.png"
frame:
pos(1391, 6)
xysize(49, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Level-" + initGetRelationship(Sarah) + ".png"
frame:
pos(1440, 6)
xysize(187, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Affection-" + initGetAffection(Sarah) + ".png"

###Shannon
button:
pos (1631, 6)
xysize (283, 47)
tooltip "Relationship: " + str(Shannon.Relationship) + " Affection: " + str(Shannon.AffectionP)
frame:
pos(1631, 6)
xysize(47, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Shannon-DP-Level1.png"
frame:
pos(1678, 6)
xysize(49, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Level-" + initGetRelationship(Shannon) + ".png"
frame:
pos(1727, 6)
xysize(187, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Affection-" + initGetAffection(Shannon) + ".png"

button:
area(1419, 54, 501, 1026)
tooltip "Pool"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Pool")

if not renpy.variant("pc"):
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Misc/android_menu.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Misc/android_menu.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.05))
align (1.0, 1.0) xoffset -20 yoffset -20
tooltip "Menu"
action Show("SOverviewA")

add "Overview/Misc/Sarah-Marker-Level1.png" pos initGetLocation("Sarah") xoffset -15
add "Overview/Misc/Shannon-Marker-Level1.png" pos initGetLocation("Shannon") xoffset -15

screen SOverviewA:
modal True
add "gui/Menubg.png"
button:
action Hide("SOverviewA")
button:
area(288, 153, 1351, 775)
vbox:
pos (332, 250)
xysize (1258, 688)
hbox:
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Patreon.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Patreon.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initJumpTo, "Computerlabel")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Diary.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Diary.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(DiaryDefVal), Function(initShowScreens, "SDiary")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Profile.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Profile.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "gameHelper")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Cam.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Cam.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "Spycams")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/SMS.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/SMS.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "cellphone")]
hbox:
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Save.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Save.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action ShowMenu("save")
null width 130
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Time/[Hour][Timeday].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Time/" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.05))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverviewA"), Function(initAddHour)]
null width 30
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Day/[WeekDay].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Day/" + WeekDay + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.05))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverviewA"), Function(initAddDay), Function(initJumpTo, "End_Day")]
null width 130
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Load.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Load.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action ShowMenu("load")
textbutton "Cheats" action [Function(DiaryDefVal), ShowMenu("Cheats")] xalign 0.5 text_size 50

screen ScreenBG(From, What=None, Action="Screen"):
use expression From
if What != None:
use say(None, What)
button:
xfill True
yfill True
if Action == "Screen":
action [Hide("ScreenBG"), Show(From)]
elif Action == "Call":
action Return()
else:
action [Hide("ScreenBG"), Function(initJumpTo, PreviousLocation)]
else:
button:
background "Map/Misc/10-16.png"

label WorkInProgress:
"This is a work in progress."
$ initJumpTo("Overview")

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I am getting an 'exception' page trying to go on date with mom & sis. Ignore works to bring me back to the game but does not hlp me get on wiith the date. attached is the full overview. Thanks in advance for any help.

label Overview:
scene expression "Overview/Misc/Home-" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".jpg"
hide screen ScreenBG
$ initShowScreens("S" + Location)
with ffade
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
$ initJumpTo("Overview")

label after_load:
$ renpy.music.stop("music")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicM")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicS")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicMain")
$ renpy.music.stop("musicZ", 3)
$ savedVersion = config.version
return

screen SOverviewR():
imagemap:
ground "Overview/Misc/Main.png"
hover "Overview/Misc/Main-Hover.png"

hotspot (5, 5, 42, 49) action Quit(confirm=True) tooltip "Quit"
hotspot (97, 5, 46, 49) action ShowMenu("save") tooltip "Save"
hotspot (145, 5, 46, 49) action ShowMenu("load") tooltip "Load"
hotspot (719, 5, 46, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(DiaryDefVal), Function(initShowScreens, "SDiary")] tooltip "Diary"
hotspot (767, 5, 47, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "gameHelper")] tooltip "Helper"
#hotspot (816, 5, 47, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "Spycams")] tooltip "Spycams"
hotspot (865, 5, 47, 49) action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "cellphone")] tooltip "Cellphone"

###Money
frame:
pos(291, 6)
xysize(140, 47)
background None
padding (0, 0)
vbox:
xfill True
yfill True
text "Balance" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 xoffset -5
text "[Money]$" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 xoffset -5
###Patreon
frame:
pos(531, 6)
xysize(140, 47)
background None
padding (0, 0)
button:
xfill True
yfill True
tooltip "Work"
vbox:
xfill True
yfill True
text "Income" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 yoffset -4
text "[Income]$" xalign 0.5 yalign 0.5 size 19 yoffset -4
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initJumpTo, "Computerlabel")]

###Hour
imagebutton:
pos(958, 6)
tooltip "Pass the time"
idle "Overview/Time/[Hour][Timeday].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Time/" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.07))
action Function(initAddHour)

###Day
imagebutton:
pos(1109, 6)
tooltip "Pass the day"
idle "Overview/Time/[WeekDay].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Time/" + WeekDay + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.07))
action [Function(initAddDay), Function(initJumpTo, "End_Day")]

$ tooltip = GetTooltip()
if tooltip:
python:
count = 0
count = Text(tooltip).size()
count1 = int(count[0]) + 52
add "gui/button/choice_idle_background.png" at xysized(count1, 70) ypos 50
text "[tooltip]" xpos 25 ypos 66

screen SOverview():
add "Overview/Misc/Home-" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".jpg"
use SOverviewR
button:
area(0, 65, 505, 365)
tooltip MName + "'s Bedroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "MBedroom")
button:
area(525, 64, 388, 366)
tooltip "Your Bedroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "PBedroom")
button:
area(932, 64, 475, 365)
tooltip SName + "'s Bedroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "SBedroom")
button:
area(8, 686, 171, 381)
tooltip "Bathroom"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Bathroom")
button:
area(210, 686, 169, 382)
tooltip "Toilet"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Toilet")
button:
area(708, 676, 700, 399)
tooltip "Lounge"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Lounge")
button:
area(404, 680, 301, 395)
tooltip "Kitchen"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Kitchen")
button:
area(0, 497, 87, 122)
tooltip "Leave"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Map")

###Sarah
button:
pos (1344, 6)
xysize (283, 47)
tooltip "Relationship: " + str(Sarah.Relationship) + " Affection: " + str(Sarah.AffectionP)
frame:
pos(1344, 6)
xysize(47, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Sarah-DP-Level1.png"
frame:
pos(1391, 6)
xysize(49, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Level-" + initGetRelationship(Sarah) + ".png"
frame:
pos(1440, 6)
xysize(187, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Affection-" + initGetAffection(Sarah) + ".png"

###Shannon
button:
pos (1631, 6)
xysize (283, 47)
tooltip "Relationship: " + str(Shannon.Relationship) + " Affection: " + str(Shannon.AffectionP)
frame:
pos(1631, 6)
xysize(47, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Shannon-DP-Level1.png"
frame:
pos(1678, 6)
xysize(49, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Level-" + initGetRelationship(Shannon) + ".png"
frame:
pos(1727, 6)
xysize(187, 47)
background "Overview/Topright/Affection-" + initGetAffection(Shannon) + ".png"

button:
area(1419, 54, 501, 1026)
tooltip "Pool"
action Function(initJumpTo, "Pool")

if not renpy.variant("pc"):
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Misc/android_menu.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Misc/android_menu.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.05))
align (1.0, 1.0) xoffset -20 yoffset -20
tooltip "Menu"
action Show("SOverviewA")

add "Overview/Misc/Sarah-Marker-Level1.png" pos initGetLocation("Sarah") xoffset -15
add "Overview/Misc/Shannon-Marker-Level1.png" pos initGetLocation("Shannon") xoffset -15

screen SOverviewA:
modal True
add "gui/Menubg.png"
button:
action Hide("SOverviewA")
button:
area(288, 153, 1351, 775)
vbox:
pos (332, 250)
xysize (1258, 688)
hbox:
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Patreon.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Patreon.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initJumpTo, "Computerlabel")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Diary.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Diary.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(DiaryDefVal), Function(initShowScreens, "SDiary")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Profile.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Profile.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "gameHelper")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Cam.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Cam.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "Spycams")]
null width 118
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/SMS.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/SMS.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverview", "SOverviewA", "SOffice", "SSchool", "SMap"), Function(initShowScreens, "cellphone")]
hbox:
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Save.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Save.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action ShowMenu("save")
null width 130
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Time/[Hour][Timeday].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Time/" + str(Hour) + Timeday + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.05))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverviewA"), Function(initAddHour)]
null width 30
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Day/[WeekDay].png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Day/" + WeekDay + ".png", im.matrix.brightness(0.05))
action [Function(initHideScreens, "SOverviewA"), Function(initAddDay), Function(initJumpTo, "End_Day")]
null width 130
imagebutton:
idle "Overview/Android/Load.png"
hover im.MatrixColor("Overview/Android/Load.png", im.matrix.brightness(0.08))
action ShowMenu("load")
textbutton "Cheats" action [Function(DiaryDefVal), ShowMenu("Cheats")] xalign 0.5 text_size 50

screen ScreenBG(From, What=None, Action="Screen"):
use expression From
if What != None:
use say(None, What)
button:
xfill True
yfill True
if Action == "Screen":
action [Hide("ScreenBG"), Show(From)]
elif Action == "Call":
action Return()
else:
action [Hide("ScreenBG"), Function(initJumpTo, PreviousLocation)]
else:
button:
background "Map/Misc/10-16.png"

label WorkInProgress:
"This is a work in progress."
$ initJumpTo("Overview")
And here is the fix for that. :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/sweet-affection-v0-10-0-naughty-attic-gaming.15780/post-12199776

Flynn13

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you J.D. Sorry my postwwas so big I guess I got caught up in the argument about too many words used in the game.

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes