Dazo23

May 19, 2019
Still waiting for cheat to get all past diary entries for those of us on older saves

Randeza

May 16, 2018
this game should be renamed to blue balls the game....so long and still nothing....every update is just refixing of old content and nothing new

Reactions: Eeagle and deviant9

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Hi
I started to play this game with anticipation :love: and ended up being disappointed(n):poop: and bored to death:eek::sleep:
You need a good story writer and fast!!!:cautious::rolleyes:
You get a bit of action then a grind. It does not move.
this game should be renamed to blue balls the game....so long and still nothing....every update is just refixing of old content and nothing new
Don't remember the exact post where I found this, otherwise I'd link it here or quote it, but this is what the deal is with this game:

Boomatica was originally developing a game called Research into Corruption, which is mostly like this game, but he felt forced and rushed and ended up putting sex into that game way earlier than he really wanted to. He left that game to be developed by someone else and is now developing this game the way he originally intended that game to go. If he sees this, maybe he can chime in and correct me if something here is incorrect. Anyway, if you like this kind of thing but find this game to be too slow moving for you, maybe check out that game instead.

I enjoy this game, though, so I'll stick with it. :D

Randeza

May 16, 2018
Don't remember the exact post where I found this, otherwise I'd link it here or quote it, but this is what the deal is with this game:

Boomatica was originally developing a game called Research into Corruption, which is mostly like this game, but he felt forced and rushed and ended up putting sex into that game way earlier than he really wanted to. He left that game to be developed by someone else and is now developing this game the way he originally intended that game to go. If he sees this, maybe he can chime in and correct me if something here is incorrect. Anyway, if you like this kind of thing but find this game to be too slow moving for you, maybe check out that game instead.

I know about research into corruption but that was a very long time ago.

The issues i have with this game is that every update is just an polish on old stuff, why not wait and release an update with something new in it?.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019

The issues i have with this game is that every update is just an polish on old stuff, why not wait and release an update with something new in it?.
Maybe Boomatica or J..D can answer that one. You could also hold off and play every second update instead of every single update. I do that on occasions when I look at the changelog and find the new update looking a little anemic on new content.

deviant9

Jun 28, 2017
In my opinion, the problem with this game is not the lack of sexual acts for the moment (there are also fast and slow games on the market), but in the way of updates: new objects and new characters are created without the old one being completed. Then it stops with the new things and starts repairing the old content - accordingly you go back two levels and you reach ... the same place, the changes are only in the text. In the latter case - after 1 month of waiting.
I don't understand why the adjustments didn't combine with at least a little new content to balance the game. Well, there is another game in the pack, because a RIA subscription doesn't make much sense in this kind.

Reactions: Ozel

Randeza

May 16, 2018
Maybe Boomatica or J..D can answer that one. You could also hold off and play every second update instead of every single update. I do that on occasions when I look at the changelog and find the new update looking a little anemic on new content.
Well is just that with other dev's i follow you expect with an update to get new content and not just polish. That is why i think he should hold and release an update with new content in it.

Reactions: Ozel

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
In my opinion, the problem with this game is not the lack of sexual acts for the moment (there are also fast and slow games on the market), but in the way of updates: new objects and new characters are created without the old one being completed. Then it stops with the new things and starts repairing the old content - accordingly you go back two levels and you reach ... the same place, the changes are only in the text. In the latter case - after 1 month of waiting.
I don't understand why the adjustments didn't combine with at least a little new content to balance the game. Well, there is another game in the pack, because a RIA subscription doesn't make much sense in this kind.
Hopefully Boomatica and J..D can respond as to why it is that they do things this way, or maybe they already have and I just haven't seen it. Sounds like a strange way to develop a game, though. :unsure: However, I'm not a developer and have no idea what goes into it.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
Well is just that with other dev's i follow you expect with an update to get new content and not just polish. That is why i think he should hold and release an update with new content in it.
We will see in 0.6.1 and 0.6.2,it will have big things new and faster update than before.

Reactions: cougs

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I thought I would address some of the issues that were brought up.

The 0.6 update was always intended to be a clean-up update, like 0.5 was and like 0.4 was before that.
0.5.9 had the addition of 8 new scenes.
0.5.8 had the addition of 7 new scenes.
And on like that.

As for the pace of the game being slow, that was clearly communicated with the fans from the start.

And we as a team still stand behind that decision to do it this way, because a lot of people like to explore the results of their actions.
They don't want to see how a person goes from A to Z in one step, they want to see the other 24 steps as well.

As for fixing and improving the old content and mechanics along the way.
A lot of time during the 0.5.X was spend in making the diaries, touching up old content... Yes
But also the entirety of level 5 was added during that cycle as well as a new map and GUI.

As for the upcoming 0.6.X cycle.
We actually asked our fans/pledgers what they want.
-Do you want us to go back and add office and school content for M&S for levels 1 through 6
-Or do you want us to push on and ignore everything else.

A overwhelming amount of people voted for the first one.
But that does not mean that we are going to ignore the in-house content of the game, no... That will always be the basis of this game and will have it's level 6 cycle also done along the way.
So it's not really like we are taking the easy way out here, quite the opposite in fact..

RiC was abandoned because of patreon reasons, hence why Private Community started shortly after that.
But DrSmith was amazing enough to say "I love that game so much, I am going to continue that development on my own"

But during the Private community development people kept asking about a RiC replacement and something new like that (But according to patreon rules)
Boomatica listened to his fans and decided to work on two games at the same time, two game with very, very regular updates.

And yes, in comparison with a large % of games on this site... Boom's Attic Games are very "slow" .
But that's the way we intended to do these thing from the start... simply because of the reason given earlier (You don't go from A to Z in one step)

Hi
I started to play this game with anticipation :love: and ended up being disappointed(n):poop: and bored to death:eek::sleep:
I'm sorry you feel that way.

We will see in 0.6.1 and 0.6.2,it will have big things new and faster update than before.
Yes it will :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/research-into-affection-v0-6-0b-boomatica.15780/page-43#post-2705925

What was added during a specific update might not have been to your liking, but that doesn't mean it wasn't new.
0.6 (touch up) Had the texts, room items, spy cams, diaries(Level 4 and 5) and some old touch ups.
0.5.9 had plenty of new scenes
0.5.8 had plenty of new scenes.
0.5.7 had plenty of new scenes with the addition of GUI touch ups.
Etc...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope I somewhat answered your questions and concerns, if not... well, just slap a quote on me and I'll try to answer it a.s.a.p

For all the people that enjoyed the game and gave us compliments.
Thank you so much :) Kind words and seeing people being happy with the content that we create for both games gives us the strength to go on and make more content for you guys.

For all the people with concerns that I missed,
I'm sorry that currently you are not 100% satisfied with what we bring to the table at this moment.
I know it's a illusion to satisfy every person, but it still pains us when we see that people are not having fun with something we are creating with our passion and are spending a shit-ton of time with.

:)

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
I thought I would address some of the issues that were brought up.

The 0.6 update was always intended to be a clean-up update, like 0.5 was and like 0.4 was before that.
0.5.9 had the addition of 8 new scenes.
0.5.8 had the addition of 7 new scenes.
And on like that.

As for the pace of the game being slow, that was clearly communicated with the fans from the start.

And we as a team still stand behind that decision to do it this way, because a lot of people like to explore the results of their actions.
They don't want to see how a person goes from A to Z in one step, they want to see the other 24 steps as well.

As for fixing and improving the old content and mechanics along the way.
A lot of time during the 0.5.X was spend in making the diaries, touching up old content... Yes
But also the entirety of level 5 was added during that cycle as well as a new map and GUI.

As for the upcoming 0.6.X cycle.
We actually asked our fans/pledgers what they want.
-Do you want us to go back and add office and school content for M&S for levels 1 through 6
-Or do you want us to push on and ignore everything else.

A overwhelming amount of people voted for the first one.
But that does not mean that we are going to ignore the in-house content of the game, no... That will always be the basis of this game and will have it's level 6 cycle also done along the way.
So it's not really like we are taking the easy way out here, quite the opposite in fact..

RiC was abandoned because of patreon reasons, hence why Private Community started shortly after that.
But DrSmith was amazing enough to say "I love that game so much, I am going to continue that development on my own"

But during the Private community development people kept asking about a RiC replacement and something new like that (But according to patreon rules)
Boomatica listened to his fans and decided to work on two games at the same time, two game with very, very regular updates.

And yes, in comparison with a large % of games on this site... Boom's Attic Games are very "slow" .
But that's the way we intended to do these thing from the start... simply because of the reason given earlier (You don't go from A to Z in one step)

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Yes it will :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/research-into-affection-v0-6-0b-boomatica.15780/page-43#post-2705925

What was added during a specific update might not have been to your liking, but that doesn't mean it wasn't new.
0.6 (touch up) Had the texts, room items, spy cams, diaries(Level 4 and 5) and some old touch ups.
0.5.9 had plenty of new scenes
0.5.8 had plenty of new scenes.
0.5.7 had plenty of new scenes with the addition of GUI touch ups.
Etc...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope I somewhat answered your questions and concerns, if not... well, just slap a quote on me and I'll try to answer it a.s.a.p

For all the people that enjoyed the game and gave us compliments.
Thank you so much :) Kind words and seeing people being happy with the content that we create for both games gives us the strength to go on and make more content for you guys.

For all the people with concerns that I missed,
I'm sorry that currently you are not 100% satisfied with what we bring to the table at this moment.
I know it's a illusion to satisfy every person, but it still pains us when we see that people are not having fun with something we are creating with our passion and are spending a shit-ton of time with.

:)
Thanks for addressing everyone's concerns and clarifying things, J..D. Much appreciated. :D(y)

Reactions: J..D

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018

I do not give a :poop: about being slow or fast i like both:cool:
But the game suffers from repetitive scene abuse, fail in game design,

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Any sex yet?
his first game had full on fucking after this time period.:cry:
Any sex scenes?
Or will it take a few more updates?
Its a great game but i feel like with every update nothing changed

Looks like more updates
Hi
You get a bit of action then a grind. It does not move.

I do not give a :poop: about being slow or fast i like both:cool:
But the game suffers from repetitive scene abuse, fail in game design,
Hi all,

I know J..D has already replied to most of you but I just wanted to give you my view on some of these comments/questions.

Instead of replying to each comment I've just tagged a few of the most recent ones and will answer it as a group as some of the comments revolve around the same topics.

1. The Updates: "Having Lack of content"

This is one of the reasons why I prefer that the (Dev Builds) of this game stay private "IE: Not leaked for public play".
That reason being that the content between (Dev Builds) is in fact, small.

The (Dev Builds) are not meant to be playable public builds, they're a way for us to give our supporters a hands-on show and tell of what we have worked on and what we are currently working on. "Along with getting some feedback/bugs reports"
Instead of us just showing them some pictures in a patreon post.

The reason I am explaining this is because of what I'm about to say next :

For those of you that played the last "leaked" version which was (Dev Build:0.5.7f)
The "New content" that's gone into the builds between said build and this public one is not going to seem like a lot.

That's because these last 2 dev builds were finishing off the rest of level 5's content, re-doing some of the older level dialogs along with going back and implementing the rest of the level 3-4 Diary pages due to us implementing this new game mechanic. "more on this later".

So yes, I can 100% understand why you would be disappointed by the "lack of content" between these 2 versions.
Because the (Dev Build 0.5.7f) was never meant to be played by the public as it wasn't ready yet.
Playing from a (Dev Build) - (Dev Build) isn't something I'd suggest if you want to enjoy the game/updates.
As these (Dev Builds) are a hands-on show and tell for our supporters, never meant to be played as an actual update.

To give this a more numeral representation :

(Dev Build 0.5.7f) --> (Public Build 0.6.0b) only had a total of 319 new (images/animations) (8 events total)
The majority of the content between these builds was dialog orientated (for the events, diary pages, text messages, etc)

But if you had played between :
(Public Build 0.5.0) --> (Public Build 0.6.0) there was a total of 1,839 (Images/animations) (28 events total)
The Majority of the content between these builds being the level 5 events.

Which would have "Hopefully" felt as though the update was actually worth playing.

2. Polishing off "old content"

This is unavoidable, the game is still in development and is going through changes with every update.
Story development changes and with those changes and old dialog needs to be tweaked slightly to match the new dialog.

With development comes change/improvements such as the implementation of the new Diary System.
We didn't implement this until the characters were at level 4 and with that, it meant we needed to go back and implement the diary pages for the older levels as well.

Which yes, this meant that the time between the public releases (0.5.0) - (0.6.0) was much longer due to having to go back and implement this missing content, but now that it has been done, moving forward with this mechanic will be much easier as we're now only focusing on the new content for it rather than the old missing content.

You need to understand that we run these ideas past the people that are supporting us finically before committing to any of them, to see if they like the idea, to see if they believe it'll improve the development of the game moving forward.

An example of this is with our latest Patreon poll regarding the missing content for M&S outside of the home and how we should go about implementing this content over the next (0.6.x) builds.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3. Progression with the characters is slow.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, if you're referring to the characters taking a long time to get to the "Sex" stuff.
This is by design, we're not creating a game that after 5-10 minutes of gameplay you're magically able to have sex with every character in-game, if that's what you're looking for then this game is simply not for you.

This game is about slowly progressing the main characters (Mom and Sis) into falling in love with you and doing things with you that they otherwise wouldn't.

Unlike the other characters we have planned for the game, M&S takes the longest to do the "lewd" things with as they're also getting past the "taboo" aspect of their relationship.

Other characters for example : (M's secretary) obviously not in-game right now.
Won't have that "taboo" aspect to get past, meaning their progression will be much faster.
"Plus, not having to create 13 events for them each level will also help"

4. Too much "Grind".

As for as I am aware, "grind" usually entails repeating the very same action over and over again to build up enough of something before being able to progress.
" Perhaps this word has developed a different meaning over time "

There should be no reason to repeat the same exact event in this game before being able to progress with them.
I mean, there are 13 events per character per level.
Most of those events have 1-4 choices to choose from.
Meaning there should be no reason to repeat the same event/choice for the current level you're on with the characters.
Avoiding any "grind" unless you yourself play the exact same event/choice.

With each love level of the characters, the events themselves will "generally" be the same but the choices/outcome will change as they start to fall in love with the main character.

This game isn't designed so that you give them a kiss on the cheek and all of a sudden they have their legs spread open.
It's about getting to know the characters, playing each of the events/choices and seeing their reaction for that level.
When their affection is high enough and you're ready, then progressing them to the next love level.
Which in term will change those events slightly, maybe in the previous level they were really angry when you walked in on them changing and screamed at you to leave, maybe this time "because they love you more" they won't scream, but simply ask you to leave after you give them a once over with your eyes.

But, maybe this comes across as "grind" to most people and if so, fair enough, it just means that this game isn't for you.

5. Overall.

If you don't like certain aspects of the game or you find it too "grindy" or too "slow" then that's okay.
Not everyone is going to enjoy it, we understand and accept that.

We just thank you for taking the time to give it a try!

Still waiting for cheat to get all past diary entries for those of us on older saves
Hi Dazo23,

This... I actually apologize for, I read your comment and was confused as I thought we already added this.
It wasn't until booting up the game that I realized I had forgotten to ask our coder to implement it...

This will be added/fixed in the next public build in just under 2 weeks.

Are there still some diary page missing or is that a bug?

Level 4: M - 7AM (the second), 10PM
Level 5: M - 12AM; S - 8AM (the first), 7PM (All three)
I thought it was weird that there were multiple pages for the same time, but I think you have to do all the events at the same time to get them. Like looking at the sister in the bathroom, you have to knock, peek, and open to get all the pages. If that is not your problem, sorry.
I did all those events. I tried every possible option that was available at those events. If you have them that means I have a bug.
Hi MrHanni, Mordred93

We've received a lot of feedback regarding the diary UI / confusion regarding unlocking them etc.
Due to this "while J..D continues working on the level 6 content" I'm planning on re-doing the UI for the diary pages over the next couple of days.

Making it clear how many pages there are to be unlocked, maybe a little hint on how to unlock them etc.
Overall, from what I have planned in my head, I'm sure it'll make it much easier.

Just want 6 in android... Clicked link Boom provided, but 5.5 gigs...
It's 5.5gigs to download all of the versions.
If you only want the android version, only download the android version which is 1.8bg.
Mega :
Nopy :

How do you progress past character naming on mobile? Pressing Go doesn't do anything.
This is a bug we keep running into with the Android releases.
The bug itself is actually on Ren'py's side when it comes to the android builds running on different android versions.
As it's only affecting around %20 of our android players.

That being said, we are working on a temp fix for the next public build in 2 weeks' time.
Sorry for the incontinence.

If anyone knows how Ayrik can pass this I'd very much appreciate it.

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
This game is pretty entertaining. I think the biggest reason some people complain about lack of sex scenes is because current game content ends in an awkward spot. You get all this good build up and when it feels like scenes where mc can actually get off properly are right around the corner the content ends. When it feels like "the good stuff" is so close it makes teasing and build up scenes a bit frustrating. Rub them here and there, take a peek at them here and there type of content is no longer enjoyable. I hope next level content will bring that much needed feeling of escalation/progress.

Last edited:

Fridolin0815

May 4, 2019
First of all, many thanks for this Game.
I have a lot of fun playing to Lvl 5.

After reading the last Sides of this Treat i must say :

I like the way the Story and Affection slowly raise, for my Opinion this is much better than : meat a Girl , say "you have nice Tits" and she answer: Oh you are nice, want to fuck my Ass ?
Yes that was ironic because of some message here in the Treat.....

Take your Time to continue your ( in my Opinion ) good work.

Regards

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes