Slaylife

Aug 21, 2016
So...errr how does one corrupt them? There are tons of ways to build up affection but I did not find any to build corruption.

outside998

Oct 30, 2017
So...errr how does one corrupt them? There are tons of ways to build up affection but I did not find any to build corruption.
What Khepri85 said. The issue about the game not telling you how to level them up was mentioned a few days back and a hint will be added in the next version of the game.
Oh, and "affection = corruption". This was just so the terminology is consistent with the title of the game.

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Just started this one, play on android... How often you update, boomatica ???

spaceballsiv

Mar 16, 2019
Well i was hopping my first post would be something better (or more positive) then this, but I think its too important to ignore. I downloaded version 0.5.0 (windows) from a well known torrent site (not sure if I can, or want, to post the link) which contained a "Research Into Affection-1.bin" (1458306 bytes) and an unusually large "Research Into Affection.exe" (674192 bytes) in the .rar file. Normally "Research Into Affection.exe" is 102400 bytes for v0.4.0 and any other renpy game i checked, since its really a dummy launcher for the renpy engine.

There is a slim, but unlikely, chance that V0.5.0 is supposed to have these files, but i doubt it as i have never seen another renpy game with .bin files.

So to anyone looking to torrent this game, don't download "Research Into Affection v0.5.0 Fixed" the 'fix' in this torrent is probably a virus / trojan of some sort. I have had no issues in the past with the links from the OP, but some of these hosts are either slow or don't work with my browser of choice ('A single web page shouldn't be allowd to rape you computers resources for hundreds of megabytes of RAM to buffer a file for download' - the browser dev). So before someone asks, i was torrenting it as that can often be faster, and resumed if interrupted. I will probably have to use a portable installation of an inferior browser exclusively to download MEGA links (and no, i don't want to derail into a browser war discussion).

I will post back once i've downloaded from a link in the OP and confirm my suspicions. I did check these files are not part of the official bugfix since that was small enough to download quick. While it is my own fault for not using the links here, i'm sure Boomatica is probably interested in knowing if someone is using their work as a guise to distribute malware.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Well i was hopping my first post would be something better (or more positive) then this, but I think its too important to ignore. I downloaded version 0.5.0 (windows) from a well known torrent site (not sure if I can, or want, to post the link) which contained a "Research Into Affection-1.bin" (1458306 bytes) and an unusually large "Research Into Affection.exe" (674192 bytes) in the .rar file. Normally "Research Into Affection.exe" is 102400 bytes for v0.4.0 and any other renpy game i checked, since its really a dummy launcher for the renpy engine.

There is a slim, but unlikely, chance that V0.5.0 is supposed to have these files, but i doubt it as i have never seen another renpy game with .bin files.

So to anyone looking to torrent this game, don't download "Research Into Affection v0.5.0 Fixed" the 'fix' in this torrent is probably a virus / trojan of some sort. I have had no issues in the past with the links from the OP, but some of these hosts are either slow or don't work with my browser of choice ('A single web page shouldn't be allowd to rape you computers resources for hundreds of megabytes of RAM to buffer a file for download' - the browser dev). So before someone asks, i was torrenting it as that can often be faster, and resumed if interrupted. I will probably have to use a portable installation of an inferior browser exclusively to download MEGA links (and no, i don't want to derail into a browser war discussion).

I will post back once i've downloaded from a link in the OP and confirm my suspicions. I did check these files are not part of the official bugfix since that was small enough to download quick. While it is my own fault for not using the links here, i'm sure Boomatica is probably interested in knowing if someone is using their work as a guise to distribute malware.
Hi Spaceballsiv,

You may have been lurking around this forum for a while before making your first post but now it's official so welcome!

Thank you for posting this, yes, this does seem very suspicious.
I know some people like to "tag" their own work by modifying some of the files in a game to show their logo or something such as this but a ("Research Into Affection.exe" (674192 bytes)) that seems way too much. along with a .bin file...

A couple of users here on the forum have created a torrent for the older versions but I'm yet to see one for the 0.5.0 version.

Could I ask that you Private Message me where you got this torrent from?
I would ask that you post it here but just in case it is a virus I wouldn't want anyone else downloading it by mistake.

PS.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention as well as the others here on F95zone.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hi Boomatica

How is going update along?
Hi xAshard,

It's Slow and steady.

The next update will be a "Development Build"
For the $10 supporters but I'm sure someone will post it here a couple of days after the release.

For those waiting for this next update (16/06/2019) please don't get your hopes up for a lot of new content.
This update as we're just getting the game ready for additional characters.

Such as :

1. Changing the way the mechanic's work and UI for the Diary pages, Text messages, etc, etc
We've done the UI for the "phone and text messages" + a phone gallery for the pictures received via the text messages.

2. Re-Working the Diary UI.
I'm currently working on this now, just making it a little more user-friendly + interactive.
Along with getting it ready for Zoe's diary pages.

3. Town Map
This map will be used to visit other locations such M's workplace and S's school.
"No content will be added for these areas yet"

As well as visiting other characters homes such as Zoe's Home.
"There will be some content for this as Mr.Anno is working on this separately from me"

4. Zoe's Home.
Tomorrow I'll be working on creating Zoe's home overview.
Mr.Anno has already created the home but we will need around 40-70 images to make everything work correctly.

5. Weekend events.
This is becoming somewhat difficult...
What we're hoping for is to make the Spa feel more "alive".
It's supposed to be a public spa after all, this means other characters need to appear and disappear from this location.

This means creating a Randomizer for this location so that when you take M&S there the game will pick certain characters to appear at the location before you arrive, these characters will be side characters with their own little back story/progression.

At first, these characters will just be black silhouettes with no content attached to them as we're more focused on getting M&S's content finished for this area, but before we can work on that we still need to get everything in place.

6. M&S's Levelup 4-5 Event.
Still 50/50 on this, I've got just over 40 images done for this event but that's only about 30% of the event.
Not sure if we'll be able to get this done in time or not.

spaceballsiv

Mar 16, 2019
Thank you for the welcome.

PM has been sent. For the rest of you who may be interested I was able to download V0.5.0 through the mega link from the OP which did not have the unusual files i fist described. I'm looking forward to playing v0.5.0 latter today.

Also thank you Boomatica for creating these great games, I've enjoyed all of your work. Please keep producing this great content for us all to enjoy.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Thank you for the welcome.

PM has been sent. For the rest of you who may be interested I was able to download V0.5.0 through the mega link from the OP which did not have the unusual files i fist described. I'm looking forward to playing v0.5.0 latter today.

Also thank you Boomatica for creating these great games, I've enjoyed all of your work. Please keep producing this great content for us all to enjoy.
Thanks for the PM.
"replying here instead of the PM"

The user that uploaded it is Artemsen8, they have over 12 pages of torrents for many different adult games.

From the looks of it, he/she creates torrent links for erotic games on the website gamecore.
But yes, as usual, anything downloaded from a torrent should be scanned before playing.

I just downloaded it myself and scanned it, all seemed fine.

Thanks for letting me know about this ;)

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Hi, can anyone tell me where are the saves stored Win version? I tried the user/Library/Application Support folder under the name "DefaultfileX.rpgsave" but I don't have that folder... Or Windows can't find it.

outside998

Oct 30, 2017
Hi, can anyone tell me where are the saves stored Win version? I tried the user/Library/Application Support folder under the name "DefaultfileX.rpgsave" but I don't have that folder... Or Windows can't find it.
In Windows, they are under "Appdata\Roaming\RenPy\ResearchIntoAffection".

Reactions: satanete
3.20 star(s) 108 Votes