VN Others Completed Sweet Dreams Succubus: Nightmare Edition [Final] [The Poundry]

3.50 star(s) 14 Votes

Puppy1407

Aug 16, 2017
I can't reverse it after using ctrl - combination now my game is BROKEN EVEN IF I TURN IT OFF AND THEN ON

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
I can't reverse it after using ctrl - combination now my game is BROKEN EVEN IF I TURN IT OFF AND THEN ON
Electron is a REAL BITCH of an engine to work with. There are TONS of customization files, JavaScript, CSS, JSON, HTML, and more, making coding games on that engine a pain in the butt for anyone except for the truly professional devs/programmers.

Edit: Just press Ctrl 0 (as in, Ctrl key and the 0 key at the same time, and you should be at default zoom. Just found that out.

In any case, I found the solution for you, its actually a relatively easy fix (but not so easy to find).
Go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Sweet Dream Succubus and delete a file named Preferences
This file doesnt have an extension, its just named Preferences, and Windows will simply identify it as "File" because of the lack of extension.
After you delete it, you zoom settings will be gone, and the game will revert to default zoom levels.

Anyway, its also possible to enable Maximize and Resize Window options, but some editing of the code is required.
For those interested, here's how to do it:
1. Go to [Game Folder]\resources\app\src and open index.js
2. Press Ctrl+F, and type mainWindow.set in the search field.
3. mainWindow.setMaximizable(false) should be changed to mainWindow.setMaximizable(true), and mainWindow.setResizable(false) should be changed to mainWindow.setResizable(true).

You can now Maximize the window and Resize it as you wish. Making the window smaller or larger wont actually change the resolution of the game, so you might not be able to see some things if you make it smaller, and you will have black (empty) space inside the window if you make it larger.

One more thing, there is actually an easy way to make the game Fullscreen (borderless), which I just discovered (as I am writing this):
While in-game, press F11 to enter Fullscreen mode. You should be seeing black borders around the game however, as the screen size remained the same.
To get rid of this black empty space, you need to zoom in. Unlike Ctrl - , Ctrl + wont zoom in. Ctrl - will however zoom out.
So here's how to do it:
1. While in-game, Press Ctrl - (- as in the Minus symbol key).
2. Find the same Preferences file in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Sweet Dream Succubus.
3. Open it with either Notepad or Notepad++ (I recommend ++).
4. Go to the very end, where you will see a number. Something like "-0.5}}}}" without the quotes.
5. Change that number to 0.77. Remove the minus (-) sign.
6. Now launch the game again, and press F11.
And voila! Truly borderless Fullscreen, at least for 1920x1080 res. If you are using another resolution, then try numbers other than 0.77. That number worked for me in my 1080p monitor.

P.S. Let me know if you have any questions, and I will try to help even further, if I can.

Last edited:

Mizuki

Jun 12, 2017
I hear that there will be an update for this game that allows you to save that's coming up around Valentine's day.

Edit: The game has been updated on steam with the following changes:

TRADING CARDS - Trading cards now drop from the game! Unlock Steam items!
Turn trading cards into badges which reward items such as emotes and backgrounds!

SAVE POINTS - Players can now save during story decisions! Pick up where you left off!

Hope the game gets updated on this site soon.

Last edited:

Anigai

Jul 13, 2019
Downloaded this game, no saving, fullscreen requires loads of workarounds that are imperfect, some bugs here and there.
Amazing artwork but $200 red lipstick on a donkey is still just a donkey with lipstick.
Our beloved Japanese anime sex games even many from the 90's supported save games and could be fullscreen as early as 1998 as far as I've experienced so 20+ years later there's no excuse and saying "Electron is hard engine boo hoo" isn't a valid excuse either. Use a different engine if it's that difficult for people to play and potentially get immersed in your game or risk Lipstick Donkey.

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
Speaking purely from a player's standpoint, I don't care about the art at all since I have never been interested in Doxxy art, but at the very least, being able to save your game should be a requirement before you even think of putting out a game.

I've seen good games. They had good art and all the functions ironed out and good mechanics in the game to keep it interesting. You can fill in the rest of this statement pretty easily by reading other reviews telling you how bad it is.

I don't know if this is patreon funded or not, but this shouldn't have earned a single penny until a basic save function was coded in, which should've happened within the week of it being created, not a while after initial release.

This shouldn't be making so much money for such an incomplete game, and I can only say that people are willing to support anything if it's got their favorite artists in the group, with how much this game has gotten so far. You can support it if you want to, but if you're reading this just do yourself this one favor: Do not support a game that's only at this stage when it's taking this much time to get simple functions going and it still has so many bugs from what's being reported. Support the artists instead directly. If they artists want more money coming from this game, let them know they'll need to have better quality in this first.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Speaking purely from a player's standpoint, I don't care about the art at all since I have never been interested in Doxxy art, but at the very least, being able to save your game should be a requirement before you even think of putting out a game.

I've seen good games. They had good art and all the functions ironed out and good mechanics in the game to keep it interesting. You can fill in the rest of this statement pretty easily by reading other reviews telling you how bad it is.

I don't know if this is patreon funded or not, but this shouldn't have earned a single penny until a basic save function was coded in, which should've happened within the week of it being created, not a while after initial release.

This shouldn't be making so much money for such an incomplete game, and I can only say that people are willing to support anything if it's got their favorite artists in the group, with how much this game has gotten so far. You can support it if you want to, but if you're reading this just do yourself this one favor: Do not support a game that's only at this stage when it's taking this much time to get simple functions going and it still has so many bugs from what's being reported. Support the artists instead directly. If they artists want more money coming from this game, let them know they'll need to have better quality in this first.
Funny thing is, I just checked out their Patreon and there it says that all their games' public versions will have no sex scenes, no save/load option and receive no updates. Their lowest tier is 10$. I think this dev just jumped on top of my list of "creators with great art, but shitty business models", sharing the first place Team Tailnut...

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
Funny thing is, I just checked out their Patreon and there it says that all their games' public versions will have no sex scenes, no save/load option and receive no updates. Their lowest tier is 10$. I think this dev just jumped on top of my list of "creators with great art, but shitty business models", sharing the first place Team Tailnut...
Hold up. So, they're hiding the actual sexual content behind a paywall? The save function, save/load option and all the updates too?

Sure, okay. Their choice I suppose.

Jan 18, 2018
Electron is a REAL BITCH of an engine to work with. There are TONS of customization files, JavaScript, CSS, JSON, HTML, and more, making coding games on that engine a pain in the butt for anyone except for the truly professional devs/programmers.
wrong, electron is reeeally just a fancy word for html5. any sane developer will have exactly.... one. one customization file.
Bump for update. It's been three months, doesn't anybody own this on steam?
thats not it. 1. its completed 2. seems like the good features are locked behind patreon... and on browser version only, seem like. note that on steam seems like it's way smaller than this version. so something's probably missing? idk

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017
wrong, electron is reeeally just a fancy word for html5. any sane developer will have exactly.... one. one customization file.

thats not it. 1. its completed 2. seems like the good features are locked behind patreon... and on browser version only, seem like. note that on steam seems like it's way smaller than this version. so something's probably missing? idk
The Steam version was updated three months ago to add saves and a gallery feature. The game is completed on Steam, but not here. The Steam version is smaller because it was repacked into a native player instead of being compiled for HTML5 embedding.

Jan 18, 2018
The Steam version is smaller because it was repacked into a native player instead of being compiled for HTML5 embedding.
Electron *is* also HTML5 though... so it's almost 100% chance it uses lower res assets given that it's 3-10x smaller than this release. Or is only a partial game. Also, where is the current version then? Can't find anything on their patreon

Jun 22, 2017
Electron *is* also HTML5 though... so it's almost 100% chance it uses lower res assets given that it's 3-10x smaller than this release. Or is only a partial game. Also, where is the current version then? Can't find anything on their patreon
Like I said, it's on a NATIVE PLAYER for the Nightmare Edition release instead of being embedded as the original release was. As for where it is, I already said TWICE that the current version of the Nightmare Edition is ON STEAM. The changelog for the current version is ON STEAM.

I'll say it again so you have a better chance of reading it this time: ON STEAM

Jan 18, 2018
Like I said, it's on a NATIVE PLAYER for the Nightmare Edition release instead of being embedded as the original release was. As for where it is, I already said TWICE that the current version of the Nightmare Edition is ON STEAM. The changelog for the current version is ON STEAM.
1590589429771.png
It's not like I don't have it on Steam.... guess what? It uses Electron. Technically it is a "native player". Which just happens to... just be a HTML5 webapp packaged as an exe.

Anyway... please, get some evidence next time before you start spamming caps when you're very clearly not right here.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018
Note that Steam version lacks many features of their Patreon games (mainly, cheats aka "debug" mode)... unfortunately Patreon games seem to be browser-only. It is possible to get them offline; however it's not exactly trivial so... I can try but only if there's enough demand I guess?

Reactions: Super000
Jun 22, 2017
View attachment 672009
It's not like I don't have it on Steam.... guess what? It uses Electron. Technically it is a "native player". Which just happens to... just be a HTML5 webapp packaged as an exe.

Anyway... please, get some evidence next time before you start spamming caps when you're very clearly not right here.
If I'm not right, then show me where the save function is on the non-updated, non-Steam version!

cl13a

Aug 25, 2017
The art is great but the lack of save/load on the current upload makes the game nearly unplayable. The Steam version got an update in February to get save states so I'm hoping that someone will upload the updated version.

Nov 13, 2017
Anyone have a full version of the game to test, as well as a work around that would allow you to fullscreen the game?

Super000

Jan 27, 2019
Why isn’t there a gallery in the steam version it’s a rip off of you ask people to pay money for poop that’s not even animated( void clubs animated with some premium features and so are some other VN) licking gallery and saving behind a paywall is ridiculous. Savings locked behind steam and patreon whereas gallery is locked behind patreon. The game could’ve been so much better if you at least took the time to put the gallery into the steam version I mean 1.99$ USD isn’t terrible considering there’s some decent artwork but like seriously you’re selling a 2$ 30min max game to complete half finished and with a dog turd on top lol

Reactions: ninguemligah
Feb 2, 2018
How many endings does this game have? I've found just the bad and good endings, and I'm wondering if there are more since I barely got anything out of the shady guy.

3.50 star(s) 14 Votes