VN Ren'Py Onhold Sweet Family [v0.1] [Pantsu]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Because many can't subscribe to subscribestar. Patreon has those rules to have access to more creditcards.
Yes mainly because Patreon has more Payment methods. Many that try and create AVN's chose Patreon over Substar as they see Subs as Moneybags. Wouldn't they care that much about Money then they would go over to Substar without a second thought as they have much more freedom with their AVN's.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
well, this game is very strange, no user control over any part of the gui interface, literally no preferences button at all....

FuhQ314

Jul 18, 2024
Do you think (probably do) that Patreon was suddenly inundated with smut-hatting employees? No, they weren't! Go above Patreon, and you have their shareholders, advertisers, and the banks that Patreon uses to move the money around. Those three entities pull the strings. They are all trying to avoid any possible litigious actions and public ridicule. Put yourself in the mind of a business owner. Do you walk on the edge of public outcry or play it safe to protect your profits?
(I know what you will say, so ignore list here you come) :sneaky:
I'd be like SS, keep it private so no shareholders to appease (though Patreon is private anyway as well, at least for now), and as far as banks and what not learn from Patreon's fuck-up and put a couple layers of shell companies between me and the payment processors so they are kept in the dark (yes, that's legal, at least in the US). They seem to be doing well for a small-team operation despite some peoples' opinions of them that they don't seem to care much about, nor should they (lots of negative news articles on them and what they allow, supposedly profiting from child exploitation, promoting hate, prostitution, etc). Sure, not the $200m a year Patreon makes, and probably not even 10% of that, but who cares? They don't need that much if the team is kept small. More money =/= more happiness after about $200-500k a year per person anyway and not everyone is a greedy bastard aiming for the billionaire bragging right, principles (like anti-censorship) come before profits for some.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Patreon did not start with the main intention of supporting sex-related creators. It just became part of the business later.
They don't need that much if the team is kept small. More money =/= more happiness after about $200-500k a year per person anyway and not everyone is a greedy bastard aiming for the billionaire bragging right, principles (like anti-censorship) come before profits for some.
More make-believe scenarios; obviously, few here know how to run a business profitably. Are you happy running the world from your computer screen? :sneaky:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Do you think (probably do) that Patreon was suddenly inundated with smut-hatting employees? No, they weren't! Go above Patreon, and you have their shareholders, advertisers, and the banks that Patreon uses to move the money around. Those three entities pull the strings. They are all trying to avoid any possible litigious actions and public ridicule. Put yourself in the mind of a business owner. Do you walk on the edge of public outcry or play it safe to protect your profits?
(I know what you will say, so ignore list here you come) :sneaky:
Not sure what you think I was implying but that's not it bucko. If you read my next comment you'd see I don't blame Patreon employees for their company's misdirection but paypal who's pushing the changes.
Don't get me wrong, patreon trust and safety team is the financial equivalent to over enthusiastic discord/reddit mods. Definitely a bunch of neck beard losers, but it's not their fault that the fundamentalists have taken over.

Reactions: FuhQ314

FuhQ314

Jul 18, 2024
Patreon did not start with the main intention of supporting sex-related creators. It just became part of the business later.

More make-believe scenarios; obviously, few here know how to run a business profitably. Are you happy running the world from your computer screen? :sneaky:
Obviously whoever is running SS is doing ok enough to stay in business even with just half of Patreon's 8% cut and probably half their traffic too, no censorship required other than what's required by US law (which often is still illegal in other countries they don't need to worry about, even if banned in this or that country VPNs are now a rather common thing to get around region blocks, even China's Great Firewall can't block everything).

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes