Leonelli

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2019
Okay, just played this game so it's time for some feedback. Now, I must admit that I have no smell fetish so I won't comment on the content but only on the technical stuff. I am also not mentioning the art assets, since they where amazing.

Issues:

1.) The transitions between maps:
Basically the way you enter and exit maps is not always working properly. Example: the transition between the town and the outside of the mansion. You exit the town to the right but you have to go up to go towards the mansion. Since you can't see that you will always move to the right where you can't move one since there is a tree in the way. So you turn back where you leave the mansion because you spawned at the edge of the map. Meaning that if you move in the wrong direction and correct your placement you accidentally exit the map.
There are multiple examples like this. As far as I can see the following rules should fix these problems:
(a) You always exit on the last tile of the map (or trough a door)
(b) You enter on the tile next to the exit (not on the exit but at least one tile away from the edge of the map)
(c) A entry that is wider than one tile should not contain any obstacles for at least 3 tiles (so you can't run into them)
(d) if possible you enter a map in the same direction that you exited the last map

2.) The freaking pickaxe:
Alright, this might just be me but I hate when you buy an important and expensive quest item and then the thing breaks for no good reason. Its just unrealistic. So unless you want to add an subquest where you beat up the salesman for his bad quality wares, I personally would enjoy it if the pickaxe would have a bit more durability.

3.) The freaking pickaxe (again):
Alright, this time I complain about the pickaxe that can be found laying on the floor at the top left corner of the caves where the two goblins are. I mean, I spend like 3 min to pick that thing up since I believed that would be the way to solve the whole "I need a pickaxe" problem.

4.) Day/Night cycle:
Leaving town and directly coming back causes you to loose a day. I suggest to put the trigger a bit further into the forest.

5.) Combat:
I actually like this combat better than the traditional RPG combat. Maybe because I played too many RPG games or maybe because it gets repetitive? Going trough a lot of menus is cumbersome. That being said, a bit more freedom on when/how I hit things would be nice.
I would suggest the following mechanic: one button to hit, one button to block. You can't move while blocking. However I know how unflexible/hard RPG maker is to program. So I guess, do whatever is feasible?

All in all an amazing first beta.
Thank you very much for the suggestions!
In the next version I should have fixed the problems with the pickaxe and transitions between maps.
And now I check what I can do for the day-night cycle.

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
Senza titolo.jpg
At the start of the game the shop was selling a pickkaxe. When I got the quest of the ores he won't sell it.

Mar 17, 2021
What is UTW?
As Leonelli said. Just one caution: it is extremely graphics heavy, so make sure you have way more than the recommended requirements to run it, and play it on a proper PC. I quit playing it, even though it has a wonderful foot worship set, because I run on a laptop, which technically can handle it.

Reactions: deskald

uwotm90

Jul 23, 2021
Love the game so far, hope you make regular updates. Obviously want more content but its still entertaining even at this point. Looking forward to whatever you do with this though because what you have so far i like a lot.

Also I found a bug:
I passed the load barrier on the far right side of the town my first night so I couldnt visit Dark Elf lady (blanking on name rn) and got stuck. Probably not common but maybe change location for the screen transition so the space behind it isnt open.

Good luck with development though, and cant wait for next update!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leonelli

Leonelli

Game Developer
Nov 21, 2019
Love the game so far, hope you make regular updates. Obviously want more content but its still entertaining even at this point. Looking forward to whatever you do with this though because what you have so far i like a lot.

Also I found a bug:
I passed the load barrier on the far right side of the town my first night so I couldnt visit Dark Elf lady (blanking on name rn) and got stuck. Probably not common but maybe change location for the screen transition so the space behind it isnt open.

Good luck with development though, and cant wait for next update!
Thank you very much! And thank you for reporting the bug.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Game seems to launch popping up an error saying "Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js." then the game spams inputs seemingly at random by itself, doesn't matter if I'm tabbed in or not and I can't recreate the problem in any other game RPGM or otherwise.
Downloaded via the Mega link if that matters.
Hope it gets patched since this game looks promising.
ill be honest like 70% of the games I play say this, I dont want what it means or does but its never prevented me from playing any of the games so I never looked into it D=

polaco

Mar 16, 2017
There are a couple of images in the first page that I can't find, the shoe and the massage with Selene. I interacted with the crystal ball a couple of times and with Selene at night, now I can't interact with the ball anymore and the scene at night just repeats. Are those images from scenes that are not in game yet?

CheekySix

Oct 27, 2019
Anyone knows how to get the shoe and massage scenes?
I can't use crystal ball anymore, don't know what to do.
(Btw dev Great game so far)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leonelli

P1ranhaaa

Jun 28, 2021
Anyone knows how to get the shoe and massage scenes?
I can't use crystal ball anymore, don't know what to do.
(Btw dev Great game so far)
I think it's bugged, same issue where the shoe / massage won't ever fire. Got the shelf event but that's it.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes