Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is this a straight romance game (i.e. once you decide on an LI all other paths are closed and require multiple playthroughs)? Or does it have throuple/harem? Any future tags?
I cannot speak to what content will be in the game eventually, or I would let you know; only PHiL (the dev) can say for certain.
Are there repeatable events or is it see once then put into a gallery?
There are several repeatable events; some are with side characters, but at least one repeatable is with a main LI. I would guess there will be more for main LIs going forward as well.

Frideno

Nov 6, 2016
Is this a linear storyline? Like the choices only change dialogue? I didn't do anything with Hiko but seems afterwards like i did when i tell Victoria the "truth".

Reactions: fishbrain and Nixo

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Just got passed the "prologue" into the first event in the cafe with the daughter. I like most of the characters I have met, the writing is not bad but seen multiple examples where it uses default names in the dialogue, even though I chose custom names for each of the three girls the MC met. So the dev is not coding very carefully.

Edit: Revise that, more than multiple, more like 50% of the time it was calling her Libby, when I named her Alanna. Sam when mentioning her best friend, calling her default nickname instead of the name I chose. Also, met two very unlikable characters, BetaChad and his cunt of a mother.

Think I will give this game a pass for now. Might try it again, if they ever figure out how to code. Hell, I started to do a find/replace in there but unfortunately, instead of using something like LI as the tag for the Libby character, they made her tag be Libby, so trying to replace Libby with [libby] was a nightmare.

Last edited:
Reactions: -DEV-Phil-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just got passed the "prologue" into the first event in the cafe with the daughter. I like most of the characters I have met, the writing is not bad but seen multiple examples where it uses default names in the dialogue, even though I chose custom names for each of the three girls the MC met. So the dev is not coding very carefully.
Please list (inside spoiler tags) where specifically so they can be corrected.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Please list (inside spoiler tags) where specifically so they can be corrected.
The entire first scene in freeroam with the daughter taking the MC to the coffee shop(Joey's), there has to be like 30+ different times where it says Libby instead of my chosen name(I chose to name her Alanna). It also used Mel instead of the name I chose for her, in 2 or 3 lines. I even opened up the event in notepad++ to try and do a find replace, replacing Libby with [libby] but that was a nightmare, as the dialogue start tag for that character is Libby. It would have been far easier of the start tag and the dialogue tag was more like LI and [li], then I could have easily found all those without going through a ton that did not need replaced.

It is the libbyevent01 file, under game/characters/lib/events

Reactions: -DEV-Phil-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The entire first scene in freeroam with the daughter taking the MC to the coffee shop(Joey's), there has to be like 30+ different times where it says Libby instead of my chosen name(I chose to name her Alanna). It also used Mel instead of the name I chose for her, in 2 or 3 lines. I even opened up the event in notepad++ to try and do a find replace, replacing Libby with [libby] but that was a nightmare, as the dialogue start tag for that character is Libby. It would have been far easier of the start tag and the dialogue tag was more like LI and [li], then I could have easily found all those without going through a ton that did not need replaced.

It is the libbyevent01 file, under game/characters/lib/events
Thanks. You went into way more detail than needed, but it's still appreciated. Saying it was the coffee shop scene when she brought the MC to Joey's Café was enough. I've found those and corrected them now. I swear I've fixed those a couple of different times in the past, but somehow they were reverted. Not sure how that happened, but hopefully this won't happen again. I'm attaching a fixed version of the file, if you want to replace the existing one you have with it. (Don't forget to delete the existing .rpyc file (which is what Ren'Py actually reads, and which won't have the fixes yet) in addition to replacing the .rpy one.)
View attachment 2837726 is this the last scene? cause after this the game end for me? any help
No, it absolutely does not end there. There should be a scene between a couple of "mystery" people in a small darker room, and then it's free roam. You get Libby's first event by going to her room (top of the stairs, door on the right of the three you see) and clicking on her to get going.

Reactions: bamachine

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The game (Version: 0.18.8) is easier to play and less confusing.
Awesome! I know PHiL wants to maintain some degree of having players figure things out themselves but also make it player-friendly and not overly difficult or frustrating for folks. He's been working pretty hard on the game and getting everything caught back up to where it was before while also adding more content vs. what was there before the rework. I'm sure he'll be happy to know you've liked the improvements.

Grim1966

Jun 20, 2018
Almost 40 minutes in and all I have seen is "myself" standing naked with my mom's friend ball gazing and a friend of a friends tits that are being covered by her hands. I hope this is not a trend......

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021

Edit: Revise that, more than multiple, more like 50% of the time it was calling her Libby, when I named her Alanna. Sam when mentioning her best friend, calling her default nickname instead of the name I chose. Also, met two very unlikable characters, BetaChad and his cunt of a mother.

Think I will give this game a pass for now. Might try it again, if they ever figure out how to code. Hell, I started to do a find/replace in there but unfortunately, instead of using something like LI as the tag for the Libby character, they made her tag be Libby, so trying to replace Libby with [libby] was a nightmare.

Thanks for the heads up, there was a glitch while copying and pasting here, but I've fixed it in Libbys first event.

The game (Version: 0.18.8) is easier to play and less confusing.
Thanks. I'm trying to make it better and better, but as Cookie already said, I don't want to make it too easy though ;)

Almost 40 minutes in and all I have seen is "myself" standing naked with my mom's friend ball gazing and a friend of a friends tits that are being covered by her hands. I hope this is not a trend......
In this part, a lot of sexy content has been added. If you don't see any of it, you might be making the wrong decisions in the game :D

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
I can not understand the logic to trigger everything with Victoria.

I couldn´t trigger None of the new lewd scenes content with her.

Without a real walkthrough, it´s a waste of time sadly, because since the beginning I really liked the game.

Since the only LI for me is Victoria, I will wait for the walkthrough update.

Cheers Dev !

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
I can not understand the logic to trigger everything with Victoria.

I couldn´t trigger None of the new lewd scenes content with her.

Without a real walkthrough, it´s a waste of time sadly, because since the beginning I really liked the game.

Since the only LI for me is Victoria, I will wait for the walkthrough update.

Cheers Dev !

This is what I was talking about in my post – some manage to do it right the first time, while others still can't after many attempts.

Honestly, I'm a bit pleased when it's not accomplished on the first try. That's actually why I made it a bit more challenging.

For those who are having problems, here is the solution path for the various Victoria options:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have fun!

m.j.gow

Jun 19, 2018
There IS Something wrong with the Game! Ikeep getting this message and cannot save DOES anyone have any advice how to remedy this

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks for the heads up, there was a glitch while copying and pasting here, but I've fixed it in Libbys first event.
I am not a full fledged dev yet, I am learning a bit here and there, mostly just writing scripts and letting someone with a ton of coding and rendering take care of the the technical parts but I might have a tip to make fixing these kinds of errors easier, don't use the whole name in either the dialogue nametag or in the actual dialogue bracketed name insert tag. For like Libby(Alanna in my playthrough) a line of code might look like this...

LI "Hi, nice to see you again [mc], you may not remember me me but I am [li], [vi]'s daughter."

Then you could do a case sensitive Find/Replace like "Find Libby, Replace [li]" and not have to hit next 300 times. Then again, you may have a more sophisticated editor to edit the code. I just use notepad++

Like the way it was currently coded, that above line, with the default name error would look like this...

Libby "Hi, nice to see you again [mc], you may not remember me me but I am Libby, [vi]'s daughter."

The Find/Replace would catch every one of those nametags when searching for the accidental default names in the dialogue. Since she has several hundred lines, it makes it so tedious.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There IS Something wrong with the Game! Ikeep getting this message and cannot save DOES anyone have any advice how to remedy this
I know next to nothing about Android versions of Ren'Py, but I do notice there's no /game/ folder in the path that the error shows. Normally, it would be .../SweetTimes0.18.08/game/saves/ or similar, but your path doesn't have that. But I also notice that you have SweetTimes0.18.08-Sweet_Times-pc in your path.

Did you download the PC version and try to use it on your Android device? That /storage/emulated/0/ part of the path is specific to Android devices, and your folder name also doesn't match what the Android folder is called (SweetTimes.prologuev01806-release). All signs point to your trying to use the PC version on your Android device.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I am not a full fledged dev yet, I am learning a bit here and there, mostly just writing scripts and letting someone with a ton of coding and rendering take care of the the technical parts but I might have a tip to make fixing these kinds of errors easier, don't use the whole name in either the dialogue nametag or in the actual dialogue bracketed name insert tag. For like Libby(Alanna in my playthrough) a line of code might look like this...

LI "Hi, nice to see you again [mc], you may not remember me me but I am [li], [vi]'s daughter."

Then you could do a case sensitive Find/Replace like "Find Libby, Replace [li]" and not have to hit next 300 times. Then again, you may have a more sophisticated editor to edit the code. I just use notepad++

Like the way it was currently coded, that above line, with the default name error would look like this...

Libby "Hi, nice to see you again [mc], you may not remember me me but I am Libby, [vi]'s daughter."

The Find/Replace would catch every one of those nametags when searching for the accidental default names in the dialogue. Since she has several hundred lines, it makes it so tedious.
It's actually pretty easy for me to find, even in Notepad++. Since the character name, Libby, is at the beginning of every line, all hits that are highlighted there can be completely ignored. While in Find mode, every instance is highlighted as well, so I just drag the Find dialogue over so it won't cover any text, and then I scroll down with my mouse and find any instance not at the beginning. It's then also very easy to see whether the name has brackets or not and just paste [libby] wherever Libby is found when not at the very beginning of a line.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I said before, I had already run through all of those instances previously but somehow an earlier version of the file made it into this update that had not replaced the hard-coded names with variables. It's a simple enough mistake and not hard to fix. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the suggestion.

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes