TNT3

Sep 1, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 361, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1804, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3375, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 45, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in event
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 667, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 832, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 299, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 306, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 361, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 434, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "C:\Users\tnt3tnt\Downloads\SwingMiss-0272-pc\SwingMiss-0.27.2-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 407, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Swing & Miss 0.27.2
just got this help cant save

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Yep, and he left no choice whatsoever for the players...
nope, as I have always said. The premise is good, but the execution of this game is severely lacking.
I still like it though. but the MC is..well not needed, i'd like it more if he was just some faceless dude we mostly didnt get to see, and his wife was the real MC and we got in her head more often than not. But maybe that's because I don't have any interest in being a "cuck" or getting ntr'd. I can't relate to it. but I do enjoy others going through it in some manner of ways.
but mostly just if the husband is like our dear mc here.

Reactions: Sarahzero

iMagnor

Jul 31, 2018
since the developer plans multiple endings i think we will get choice in future that might change MC personality but not sure on that hope thats the case though

Reactions: nasam

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
nope, as I have always said. The premise is good, but the execution of this game is severely lacking.
I still like it though. but the MC is..well not needed, i'd like it more if he was just some faceless dude we mostly didnt get to see, and his wife was the real MC and we got in her head more often than not. But maybe that's because I don't have any interest in being a "cuck" or getting ntr'd. I can't relate to it. but I do enjoy others going through it in some manner of ways.
but mostly just if the husband is like our dear mc here.
I think it's pretty funny how people complain about a lack of choices. Some games give you that option (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher,...) others don't (Call of Duty, GTA,...). It's the dev's choice what story he wants to tell, and in this one the player isn't a part of it and THAT'S FINE. You can be disappointed by it, but to say the execution is "severely lacking" is just short-sighted as far as I'm concerned.

Aes Fish

Sep 7, 2017
Am I missing some content here? I get to MC kissing foot and after that return to the MainMenu. No exceptions that I'd see. Anyone experiencing same issues?

pagaru

Jun 24, 2018
Am I missing some content here? I get to MC kissing foot and after that return to the MainMenu. No exceptions that I'd see. Anyone experiencing same issues?
This is what I am getting as well. But it doesn't say the version is over it just seems to skip to main menu from nowhere. Anybody else also have this? Is that because the game ends there for now? Seems like a very strange place to stop.

Reactions: iMagnor

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I don't think it's an issue, it's just end of content. The sadpanda gallery also doesn't show any more CGs.

Last edited:

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I think it's pretty funny how people complain about a lack of choices. Some games give you that option (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher,...) others don't (Call of Duty, GTA,...). It's the dev's choice what story he wants to tell, and in this one the player isn't a part of it and THAT'S FINE. You can be disappointed by it, but to say the execution is "severely lacking" is just short-sighted as far as I'm concerned.
for what it is, it's severely lacking. Not for what it isn't.
Because comparing this to real AAA titles makes sense.
Also I never complained about the lack of choices. I just agreed with the statement that he doesnt give the player any choice.

Reactions: TobaiasR

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
this update was a waste of time :C, this month its been a bad month so far for updates even the top games delivered crappy updates.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
for what it is, it's severely lacking. Not for what it isn't.
Because comparing this to real AAA titles makes sense.
Also I never complained about the lack of choices. I just agreed with the statement that he doesnt give the player any choice.
Fine, replace Dragon Age and The Witcher with Seeds of Chaos and The Tyrant and replace Call of Duty and GTA with Milfy City and Curse of Pleasure or something, my point still stands.

Reactions: UncleVT and nasam

nasam

Oct 18, 2017
what are the planned endings?
That's not known yet (going by the tags there is going to be a good amount of NTR)

The sixth ending will be decided by the supporters...
Right now there is a poll on the dev's and to decide it.
If you are a supporter in any of those you can vote!

Reactions: iMagnor

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Recently, I finished reading through the current version of this kinetic novel, and have agonized on what to write in this post. My earlier drafts were quite extensive with both praise and critiques of several topics including grammar, plot foreshadowing, psychology (i.e., dominate-submissive relationships and power dynamics), the episodic "monster of the week" vibe, and much more. There is a lot of good stuff here and I applaud the Infidelisoft team, but, ultimately, I must also voice my concern on the direction of the MC just as several of my fellow Zoners already have.

Infidelisoft have already commented that this is a "mostly linear story centered around themes such as swinging, netorare, moral degeneration, and domination". I get that. I get that the story is mostly linear; nevertheless, perhaps this might be a good time to start introducing some deviations--some choices--and inject them into the story. I can safely say that most readers find several of the scenes with Fiona, regardless of her partner, pretty "hot". Despite that, I find myself enjoying the kinetic novel less and less the more I read of the unhealthy situations the MC finds himself in, and it's obvious I'm not the only one. None of the themes implies that things need to go badly for the MC. That is not stated explicitly by the project's team anywhere (that I can find).

There are already five endings planned and a sixth coming. The MC may not be the most important character in the story, but he is the primary character and its protagonist. It's not too late to allow different paths for the MC and adjust his fate to the reader's whims. Clearly, many of us likes what's currently happening to the MC and wishes things would progress significantly further; on the other hand, there is a growing camp of readers that does not like where things are heading. It's quite evident that there's at least two different paths on how the story can evolve, at least, in regards to the MC.

Respectfully, I sincerely hope that Infidelisoft allows us a choice and not lock us all onto a path and hamstring many users along the way through an unwanted story midway until we're finally given a choice near the end which determines the story's conclusion.

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
@ Back

I like your well-thought out post. While I am in general a fan of the "spine" of the game done before getting down to the choices (since I have seen way too many games bog down with the choices and lose their way as the dev tries to cater to every taste) it does seem the game is close approaching a point where some decisions need to be made. There is another arc after this one which is unnamed, and after that, another arc which has been called "Epilogue". I think logically a week of the training might get done and then the next arc will be the one which introduces the choices. But yeah, now that we're getting to the end some choice points coming into play seems good.

Even if real choices are not in the training arc some hints that some will come up soon might help players who don't like the current path - like if there were a few different conversation (or thought) paths which lead to the same outcome but the player understands these mean something down the road, that might help.

Reactions: Back and nasam

nasam

Oct 18, 2017
None of the themes implies that things need to go badly for the MC. That is not stated explicitly by the project's team anywhere (that I can find).
How come NTR does not imply bad stuff happening to the MC? NTR is about the MC feeling as shitty as posible (that most NTR games here don't do it well is another whole topic). With this game Infidelisoft has provided us with some of the best made NTR there is (even including several Japanese games).

Sure, it is not the cup of tea for most of the people, but such people is not the targeted audience.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
How come NTR does not imply bad stuff happening [sic] to the MC? NTR is about the MC feeling as shitty as posible [sic].
No one said it couldn't; and for the latter, no, that's not necessarily true.

NTR, or cuckoldry as Infidelisoft as put it, does not automatically mean that bad stuff has to happen to the MC. I just want to point out that fact. Many people do indeed think it's a requirement, but it isn't--there's several different, um, flavors, that netorare can come in. (See the various threads about it here and other forums, or by some posts in this very thread.) Heck, there's even a whole separate category of " " over at VNDb. Not to mention a slew of other types of works such as mangas (Lord help me if I can come up with those crazy, specific names--sorry) where everyone is happy-as-they-can-be in their swapping/swinging relationships. Also, the "MC" does not have to be weak, apathetic, sexually unsatisfying, or have some other flaw to be included in such works; they can be strong, athletic, gracious, or even dominant.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In Swing & Miss, the plot revolves around themes such as "swinging, netorare (cuckolding), moral degeneration, and female domination", but the kinetic novel is now at the point or near the point, I believe, where different tangents of the story can now unfold. Introducing a few choices soon shouldn't bog down the kinetic novel. As @Retromancer have said, the game should be at a point where its story is established enough that bringing in choices shouldn't bog down its development. I just hope we don't have one or two choices just before the end--y'know, just dragging folks along for a ride until basically choosing which door to pick for an ending. There are many games like that where your choices doesn't really matter. I suppose it just bothers me, like other Zoners, about the current MC-Kyleigh relationship. It's just so... terrible; and not just for the MC, I think. I can see various ways on how things could grow or end. A healthy, trusting relationship requires honest communications, patience, realistic expectations, authenticity, and not to mention actually enjoying being in the relationship. Clearly, that's not the case for these two, yes? Remember, it's ultimately the submissive that has the power in such a relationship as he or she can choose to "end" it regardless of which form that may take.

Look, I don't want to take away what you (@nasam) or anyone else enjoy from these types of works. I respect that. Everyone has their likes and dislikes which doesn't have to jive with anyone else's, and that's cool. I don't want to get into an argument or have this thread switch over to a discussion away from Swing & Miss. Moderators should shut that down if it does. I am tired and those were just a couple examples off the top of my head; in spite of that, hopefully, I have expressed enough to a clarify a point--that NTR doesn't imply things must go badly for the MC. Alright, stay cool guys and gals! (Y'all are bunch of perverts, by the way, lol.)

Edit: Corrected the spelling of one word which significantly changed the tone of one paragraph, and added a sentence.

3.50 star(s) 36 Votes