3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
So.. i've ended the "translation" but something is not working well, It start but after the few initial screen of how to setting the game it give syntax error and I'm not sure of what to do...
So working in progress, i'll leave here the data translated if somebody know what to do and willing to explain :)
(some of the menu are inside the js but if i'm touching it I'm breaking the music, so not sure :D )

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I have updated my patch file here. to completely translate the UI. the quest descriptions and item descriptions are not translated and will not be translated by me because I have no desire to go through hundreds of entries. If the translator wants to finish their translation I can tell them how to do it but I don't have the desire to really go through trying to polish a turd.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So.. i've ended the "translation" but something is not working well, It start but after the few initial screen of how to setting the game it give syntax error and I'm not sure of what to do...
So working in progress, i'll leave here the data translated if somebody know what to do and willing to explain :)
(some of the menu are inside the js but if i'm touching it I'm breaking the music, so not sure :D )
Common syntax error, check your code and look for an syntax issue such as a space where it doesn't belong.

Iblis2150

Sep 14, 2017
Seems like a fun game, even with the MTL.
Even though the MTL still makes my brain hurt a lot :')

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
The game is fun and as an open world exploration game it can be addicting given the different ways you can play. However the lack of translations in places makes it hard to play beyond the basics.

1) None of tutorial pop ups are translated. You get introduced to new aspects and features, but you can't tell what it is.
2) The crafting menu is completely untranslated. Good luck crafting anything when you unlock that.
3) Map locations are untranslated in the UI. Not a game breaker, but annoying.
4) Map locations are untranslated in the fast travel system. More of a problem since you have to 'guess' where you want to go unless you are constantly pulling up a scanning translator.
5) The commerce guild news is untranslated. This is especially bad because the news contains commerce information (which towns are selling high and which towns are buying high) for the trading aspect of the game. Security news tells you where bandit attacks will take place at night (allowing you to capture slaves) and where special bandit teams are (allowing you to capture females or specific races). The last part of the news is where slaves are sold and if slaves are in high demand somewhere.
6) Achievements are untranslated. This is just for fun, but you do get special items for unlocking certain achievements.

The translation patches seem to have broken some parts of the game for me. Implemented both the most recent UI and Item patches and...
1) Trade goods are gone. They don't appear in inventory or are usable. This includes slaves. It might have to do with mapping to the category since Trade Goods is now translated.
2) Requests are gone. Cannot see request data at all.
3) Slave compendium is gone. Likely related to slaves no longer existing due to Trade Goods issue.

Fun fact if you try to speed up or cheat in this game. The conditionals for unlocking H-scenes are REALLY intertwined and go much deeper than you'd expect.

Example: A scene may require Yuma wear a maid costume. What you don't know is that you get your first maid costume from a request that is unlocked as you clear main scenarios. That request askes for a specific slave type and since female slaves are tied to specific overworld locations and camps the conditional says you need to wear a maid costume but actually checks that:
1) Yuma is wearing gear of type A
2) Main scenario is cleared to at least stage B
3) Personal request C is cleared which is unlocked after B
4) Bandit Camp D is cleared to get the slave to clear C OR slave was purchased at Slave Trader so count of item purchased > 1

...much pain chasing down triggers and variables to get it to work...

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
I fixed a few things then seen others have to but I'm still throwing my hat in
Extra: UI FIX - SHOP FIX
Incorporated some of Silentce & moemi02 fixes into this.

Don't plan to do everything either as there is a lot left undone but here is what I got.
  • With YEP_MessageCore most of the Name Tags were changed to Weapons Tags, I don't know why but I did a search and replace to change them to Name Tags.
    \nw[x] changed to \n<x>
    Hopefully this didn't screw anything up but there were over 5000 lines
  • Translated some location names however Translator++ made a few of them a bitch to find so I didn't get them all.
  • Translated some images. Mostly the common ones at the start.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2021-10-09_21-16-24.png
2021-10-09_21-17-34.png
2021-10-09_21-18-10.png
Some of these things are set at the beginning of the game so an old save will likely have less translated then a new game.

You can try translating some of the tutorial images with
They can be found in "[RJ298118] Sword and Collar of Slave Trader 1.0.0 MTL\www\img\pictures"

Edit: Version 2
Improved Armor, Item, and Weapon databases.
Categories in these databases must match plugins.js or things won't be displayed.
Shortened some setting names to prevent bleed in to other names. Mostly shortened redundancy.
Edit: Version 3
Translated some more images like the chibi tutorials.
Edit: Version 4
Translated some more images like the maps.
This inflated it to over 26 Megs to it's going on mega
Edit: Version 5
Translated some more images like the tables.
Now 29 Megs to it's going on mega
Edit: Version 6
Fixed translation errors in Common Events 17 and 23
17 - If you name the Protagonist after an Assassin's Creed character you activate a special flag.
Those names are 'Desmond', 'Altair', 'Ezio', 'Connor', 'Edward', 'Kenway', 'Arnold', 'Jacob', 'Bayek of Siwa', 'Bayek', and 'Alexios'.
The japanese names are 'デズモンド', 'アルタイル', 'エツィオ', 'コナー', 'エドワード', 'ケンウェイ', 'アルノ', 'ジェイコブ', 'シワのバエク', 'バエク', and 'アレクシオス'.
23 - Copied the variable names for maps from 21 so when using the portals it's now translated so you don't have to start a new game for this to take effect.
Edit: Version 7
Translated combat victory screens.
Request Main Scenario items translated. This likely will need adjusted or I figure out how to get word wrap working in this section...
Common Event 10 - Achievements translated.
Updated plugin configuration for GetInformation to translate popups.

Last edited:

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
jadih96207

It seems to work a bit better the original update (shows inventory), but still hiding my slaves. Do you know what might cause it? or best to start new game, I am pretty far in though level 9..
Or if you don't mind just upload that save. It would make it easier to see what's wrong with it

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
jadih96207 any help would be greatly appreciated, in the mean time, I might try go home (long trip) drop off the slaves, save, patch it, load it :) fingers crossed.

update: yea didnt work, I think its a reference that's missing or not linking somewhere

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jadih96207

moemi02

Aug 24, 2017

Don't plan to do everything either as there is a lot left undone but here is what I got.
  • With YEP_MessageCore most of the Name Tags were changed to Weapons Tags, I don't know why but I did a search and replace to change them to Name Tags.
    \nw[x] changed to \n<x>
  • Translated some location names however Translator++ made a few of them a bitch to find so I didn't get them all.
View attachment 1445201
View attachment 1445202
View attachment 1445203
Some of these things are set at the beginning of the game so an old save will likely have less translated then a new game.

They can be found in "[RJ298118] Sword and Collar of Slave Trader 1.0.0 MTL\www\img\pictures"
Thanks for fixing stuff man , i just checked again when i saw someone say something went missing in the request board and yea probably was because everything was put back in a mess inside the items.json :whistle: gonna check later today to try to find the errors but it's probably something like a space or " ' - somewhere who remove some items/quest/slaves from the inventory .

I know it's realy long and boring to do but the best way it's to get the japanese version too so you can compare and organise again inside the whole file and find the extra stuff or missing one ..

• Thinking Face

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018

\nw[x] changed to \n<x>
View attachment 1445201
View attachment 1445202
View attachment 1445203

A fine job, good to see someone had more time then myself to touch this up. I like your UI changes. Very nice.

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
jadih96207 any help would be greatly appreciated, in the mean time, I might try go home (long trip) drop off the slaves, save, patch it, load it :) fingers crossed.

update: yea didnt work, I think its a reference that's missing or not linking somewhere
Got to love Translator++ handling all the special note tags...
Well the good news and the bad news:
Good news: Your save works fine in the original version. Downloaded 1.09 from anime-sharing to test this
2021-10-10_0-47-11.png
Bad news: A lot of the custom description tags this uses were accidentally translated to English and I had to go through and untranslate them... This took time and I'm still looking to see if I missed any. Things like <SG Picture: back to <SGピクチャ:
2021-10-10_0-49-59.png

I'll upload the fix as a proof of concept but I'm still working on it

Edit: Updated original post with improved databases, it's not fully translated but took care of the categories along with other things. Shortened Consumables to Supplies and Trade Goods to Wares.
https://f95zone.to/threads/sword-and-collar-of-slave-trader-v1-0-0-jackalope.96423/post-6724921

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes