4.20 star(s) 84 Votes

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Most logical would be faster updates based on more income and the dwindling need for his dayjob - updates which he could then post behind a paywall, like other creators are doing. Doing a "normal release date" right now every 30 days for the 7$ dollar tier, and giving 3-4 days prerelease for higher supporters. I personally would pay for it, since that amount doesn't really bother me anyways, but thats just an idea.

Another idea would obviously be polls, but tbh I'm kinda conflicted with that, since it changes the story / characters he had originally in mind.
If he made a higher tier and its only advantage was faster access then I would quit his Patreon in protest. I hate creators who won't give their high paying customers something extra but instead punishes the customers who don't pay them enough.

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

xJuma

Dec 15, 2020
If he made a higher tier and its only advantage was faster access then I would quit his Patreon in protest. I hate creators who won't give their high paying customers something extra but instead punishes the customers who don't pay them enough.
It wouldn't be a punishment. I said he keeps the release date the same for all other peoples, while prereleasing for higher paying members. So all members that still would want to be subscribed to the 7 dollar tier, would receive it at the same time they woudl before. That would only be possible though if he had higher funds and could lower his day job.

It would only be a theoretical punishment for people that would subscribe newly to his patreon, and even then its a stretch imo.

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
It wouldn't be a punishment. I said he keeps the release date the same for all other peoples, while prereleasing for higher paying members. So all members that still would want to be subscribed to the 7 dollar tier, would receive it at the same time they woudl before. That would only be possible though if he had higher funds and could lower his day job.

It would only be a theoretical punishment for people that would subscribe newly to his patreon, and even then its a stretch imo.
I only agree with just having another tier to let people know that Fujino might need more money. So I would see it as me donating/investing because I'm happy of what they do. But I kind of agree with kinglion, that I don't want any extra release thing attached to a higher tier. It alienates people, and that's not really a good thing.

If you're suggesting this idea because you're making an assumption that more income would allow Fujino to not work their day job, then I don't know. Usually for patreon, shouldn't you create a total monthly income goal/progress bar to indicate this? Like if he can achieve x amount from monthly payments then he'll be able to quit his job kind of situation. But also I don't know if Fujino is allowed to quit their job even if they have a lot of extra income. I don't know anything about Japan, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fujino has some extra issues or problems to deal with by moving to Japan from China. Like if Fujino needs to keep a job to have access to a green card to stay there, then it is what it is, and there's not much to be done about it?

Reactions: kinglionheart

GuppyFish

Feb 13, 2021
is it just me or was the dialogue so much better for the 2nd part, like i was legit laughing my ass off from some of the scenes they were hilarious, specifically the part when inoda was triyng to get asuna to forgive him and he was internally dying for asuna to stop him from going to the police. i was dying lmfao

ron34

Nov 18, 2018
Fujino could open a higher tier to something like $20? Mayb more, I don't know. It would entail having a vote in a poll for extra scenes, like, what if this happened?. Similar to the BBC scene (could have been made better if Asuna was in character) where is not part of the game. I should suggest that to him... But I'm sure people would whine about it. :cautious:

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
I only agree with just having another tier to let people know that Fujino might need more money. So I would see it as me donating/investing because I'm happy of what they do. But I kind of agree with kinglion, that I don't want any extra release thing attached to a higher tier. It alienates people, and that's not really a good thing.

If you're suggesting this idea because you're making an assumption that more income would allow Fujino to not work their day job, then I don't know. Usually for patreon, shouldn't you create a total monthly income goal/progress bar to indicate this? Like if he can achieve x amount from monthly payments then he'll be able to quit his job kind of situation. But also I don't know if Fujino is allowed to quit their job even if they have a lot of extra income. I don't know anything about Japan, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fujino has some extra issues or problems to deal with by moving to Japan from China. Like if Fujino needs to keep a job to have access to a green card to stay there, then it is what it is, and there's not much to be done about it?
That's right; in most countries, as an migrant you get a work permit that is tied to your allowance to stay. So, if you don't work, you can't stay

Reactions: kinglionheart

SixDates

Dec 9, 2018
That's right; in most countries, as an migrant you get a work permit that is tied to your allowance to stay. So, if you don't work, you can't stay
I would imagine that out of all the countries in the world, Japan would have the broadest policies on self-employment for media creation. I mean, all those hentai artist and ero game creators must be paying taxes for their content, right?

Of course, I don't believe the Japanese government would be as permissive on their green cards for what is essential sex work, so I don’t think we are going to see Fujino changing careers any time soon.

xJuma

Dec 15, 2020

Fair enough points. The monthly income goal would be awesome to have, but I don't think he'll do one soon. Maybe he could outsource more "mundane" tasks, like mapping or side character writing that are not that important for the main story, but still nice to have. But thats just me yapping in the hopes for more content in the future lmao.

I personally don't really agree with the "alienating" point, bc it's only logical for me for people that pay more should receive some benefits. I get your reasoning behind it, but I personally don't agree with it, but thats fair. Fact is a time benefit would have the least amount of influx on the game directly, with still having some sort of benefit for the higher paying members. I'm not for content or something behind a higher member wall, that would be stupid, its just about the time aspect of release.

Polls are always a bit critical and have too much influx directly into the game, so I'm not a big fan of those.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I personally don't really agree with the "alienating" point, bc it's only logical for me for people that pay more should receive some benefits. I get your reasoning behind it, but I personally don't agree with it, but thats fair. Fact is a time benefit would have the least amount of influx on the game directly, with still having some sort of benefit for the higher paying members. I'm not for content or something behind a higher member wall, that would be stupid, its just about the time aspect of release.

Polls are always a bit critical and have too much influx directly into the game, so I'm not a big fan of those.
Time gating is a punishment not reward. The game/update is ready to go and can be released to everyone at the same time. But you are purposely holding back to the lower paying tiers. The higher tier is only "rewarded" because the lower tiers are being punished. It is also quite alienating because playing the game at different times causes a lot of issues with people not being to discuss together. Imagine someone here got the update before anyone else, they can wait until everyone gets the update to avoid spoilers or be a dick by spoiling everything.

Polls are fine as long as they don't affect anything important. For example a poll to vote on what costume a character should wear. The ability to affect something insignificant in the game would be a worthwhile reward for higher tier subscribers.

Last edited:

SixDates

Dec 9, 2018
Patreon rewards are always a difficult thing to ponder about for most people, in all sorts of mediums not only for game creators.
I don't personally like the idea of an early release date, not because of some sort of injustice towards smaller patreons, but because it would be easily circumvented by a leaker.

If I had to chose any possible rewards for higher patreons, it would be a monthly release for every patron, a small animation like it was the case for those extra scenes that Sekai Translations included in their patch, and pictures with Inoda's blog style writting to accompany them of non-canon or bonus content.

All that decided for by a poll the previous month with low tier donors (5 dollars) having 1 vote and high tier donors (10 dollars) having 5 votes.

An example of that, it would be like seeing Asuna drink the cum latte that Inoda delivered to her or something like that.

4.20 star(s) 84 Votes