4.10 star(s) 98 Votes

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
The solution will be more or less like this
Fujino has 3 routes to go
Keep adding up to this interaction and debugging forever.
Split the game in two with a fresh version for clean maps, but for that he will need to add a bunch of text to explain old content flashbacks.
Or release stand alone updates as chapters after the 0.60 only bringing the recollection room and for that he will need to make public the last stable version and explain to the user to play that part first then go chapter by chapter.
The problem with this will be save transfer but what choice he does have now.
Why though? Just do that
Like that.png
-Make new Main maps folio: "Story Progress1 to 4 or v0.4 to 0.55maps or Chapter 1 to 4" (random names)
-Copy every old map to reuse in the "Story Progress1 to 4 or v0.4 to 0.55maps or Chapter 1 to 4"
-Clean the old events and just make new one in it.
-Add the new maps in them
The only big issue would be to warp to the right map but at least you don't have one event with more than 10pages of script with proper switch or variable to trigger.

Fujino put the Prologue apart, i don't get why he doesn't do that if there is to much events in one map and the way you can chose a chapter make it perfect for it.

Well, hope for the best.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Why though? Just do that
View attachment 4130939
-Make new Main maps folio: "Story Progress1 to 4 or v0.4 to 0.55maps or Chapter 1 to 4" (random names)
-Copy every old map to reuse in the "Story Progress1 to 4 or v0.4 to 0.55maps or Chapter 1 to 4"
The only big issue would be to warp to the right map but at least you don't have one event with more than 10pages of script with proper switch or variable to trigger.

Fujino put the Prologue apart, i don't get why he doesn't do that if there is to much events in one map and the way you can chose a chapter make it perfect for it.

Well, hope for the best.
So there is a proper solution. Straight from someone with technical knowledge. Let us see if Fujino does this next update.

Infeno2.0

Apr 23, 2017
Why though? Just do that
View attachment 4130939

Well, hope for the best.
You're the Man.
But the only thing remaining to be seen is if Fujino will use this solution, and if is possible why he didn't thought about earlier. According to Fujino himself he's having problems with reusing maps for a while now

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
You're the Man.
But the only thing remaining to be seen is if Fujino will use this solution, and if is possible why he didn't thought about earlier. According to Fujino himself he's having problems with reusing maps for a while now
Maybe he doesn't know about it? If so someone should link the explanation to him on Patreon or Ci-en XP

Reactions: 4-kun

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
You're the Man.
He is probably not used to such big projects and didn’t even know most of the restrictions of RPGM when he started developing SAO. His previous games were much smaller. The second biggest to SAO is Sakura Chapter, and it’s just a village with 10-15 maps. Now, in SAO, the school alone has like 10 locations

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
10.14 Progress Report/進步報告

Current progress:
1.Finish FOG events of Monday
2.Add 2 CG for Sinon in event of Monday.
3.Add 1 more CG for Leafa in FOG.
4.Add 1 event for Asuna.
目前的進步報告:
1.完成周一FOG事件。
2.周一事件增加2個詩乃CG.
3.FOG事件中追加一個莉法CG.
4.增加一個亞絲娜事件.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
10.14 Progress Report/進步報告

Current progress:
1.Finish FOG events of Monday
2.Add 2 CG for Sinon in event of Monday.
3.Add 1 more CG for Leafa in FOG.
4.Add 1 event for Asuna.
目前的進步報告:
1.完成周一FOG事件。
2.周一事件增加2個詩乃CG.
3.FOG事件中追加一個莉法CG.
4.增加一個亞絲娜事件.
Right before I leave for work, nice! Also, seems like Sugu is getting some moderate action this update, even if mostly as Leafa sadly, but hopefully that means her plot is progressing. Also Sinon getting an event with at least 2 CGs is intriguing, wonder if it's more of her new femdom side but in FOG somehow...

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Right before I leave for work, nice! Also, seems like Sugu is getting some moderate action this update, even if mostly as Leafa sadly, but hopefully that means her plot is progressing. Also Sinon getting an event with at least 2 CGs is intriguing, wonder if it's more of her new femdom side but in FOG somehow...
Have a good day at work. It seems both Sugu and Sinon fans will eat good this update!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 4-kun

Racoon_4

Jun 1, 2021
Not a fan of Sinon, together with Asunas mum the least interesting character.
She's also the only one who doesn't have any connection to the main story, does she?

mos555

May 22, 2021
Not a fan of Sinon, together with Asunas mum the least interesting character.
She's also the only one who doesn't have any connection to the main story, does she?
More precisely, she was not important to the plot until update 0.55. After that, she suddenly became one of the 6 gray cardinals of this world.

Reactions: kinglionheart

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
You're the Man.
I'm not sure how big Fujino was planning for this game but pretty sure it was not this big.
And do Fujino really get the time to look at other Adult RPGMaker game and see how they are structured/made.

I wonder what "reusing maps" really mean to Fujino and it's just probably adding new events to the old map rather than copying/cleanning old map for new event in an other "Map folio".

If i was not busy with Metaphor and i had keeps each update of SAO Part 2 i could probably go update hunting and make the structure with Map folio copy/paste but that would take a lot of time too so that probably the reason Fujino did not consider it.

Can you really wait a month or two for just a structures change and no new stuff in it, and yeah Fujino can just do "Map folio" starting now for futur update it's probably just how Fujino is used to make thing this way rather than the other way.

Infeno2.0

Apr 23, 2017
I'm not sure how big Fujino was planning for this game but pretty sure it was not this big.
And do Fujino really get the time to look at other Adult RPGMaker game and see how they are structured/made.

I wonder what "reusing maps" really mean to Fujino and it's just probably adding new events to the old map rather than copying/cleanning old map for new event in an other "Map folio".

If i was not busy with Metaphor and i had keeps each update of SAO Part 2 i could probably go update hunting and make the structure with Map folio copy/paste but that would take a lot of time too so that probably the reason Fujino did not consider it.

Can you really wait a month or two for just a structures change and no new stuff in it, and yeah Fujino can just do "Map folio" starting now for futur update it's probably just how Fujino is used to make thing this way rather than the other way.
Well at least you gave a possible solution, in the end is up to him anyway. We try to help and he knows about it since I send your idea to him through a Patreon DM

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes