Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I've tried using all three render options (directx, opengl and software). I still get crashes or out of memory errors. But, I'm running on an old laptop with Intel HD3000 graphics (sandy bridge). The software renderer seems like it takes a little longer before I run into problems. Thanks for the suggestion to try different renderers. It was worth a shot. Looks like I might have to upgrade my hardware (one of these days) :cry:
Next update I will implement some memory saving measures and have some additional memory cleanup throughout the game, perhaps also have a "low memory" port with downsized images. I'm extremely sorry for this issue, and hope that despite that you can play through the game to an at least somewhat enjoyable degree.

JR_001

Jul 1, 2017
Next update I will implement some memory saving measures and have some additional memory cleanup throughout the game, perhaps also have a "low memory" port with downsized images. I'm extremely sorry for this issue, and hope that despite that you can play through the game to an at least somewhat enjoyable degree.
I'm honestly enjoying it quite a bit. Good update! Should have mentioned that earlier. Sorry. I don't think I've seen all the new content yet, but I'm getting there... :)

Reactions: Glacerose

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
After playing both the very early release before the re-writing and the newest one, I'm honestly not all too sure if I'll be enjoying the direction this game is taking right now.

On the one hand, I really enjoyed the very early versions, not by visual standards as it was a bit low in graphics quality, but because I felt the intro and characters had something to it. The writing was nice and the characters well-rounded, if stereotypical :), though this might be a reason as to why I liked them so much. While "amnesia-ridden protagonist on a new environment being welcomed" was nothing groundbreaking it was at least something to convey what the game had going for it. The new intro on the other hand feels a tad too clicheé for my tastes.

Mild spoilers up ahead from the current release:

Another issue that really bugged me was the teaser scene with Serra. The scene struck out of nowhere and pushed this game into a direction that I may not entirely like alltogether, not because it's not my thing, but because there's another game out that has already done it - namely Mythic Manor. While the characters are quite stereotypical, I enjoyed what the earlier versions had - especially the version before the rework came along, which technically had more content and more character development. Serra's character development is in particular guilty of that, as I remember her as being a shy, dorky and quite timid person. To me it feels like this scene takes what I already know and throws it out into the bin.

I figure it's not entirely fair to judge a game after it has undergone a re-write (apparent in the new intro and somewhat changed events happening in place), yet the direction this takes makes me feel a bit uneasy. Credit where it's due - the characters as they are right now are still nicely written (small grammatical errors not withstanding) and I enjoy seeing what comes next.

Nevertheless, glad to hear you are going to look for a bit more of a memory cleanup. My PC should be more than able to handle these kinds of games, yet it occurs that after a couple of minutes, it randomly freezes and subsequentially crashes and I already suspected there to be a memory leak issue - I generally keep drivers up to date and the issues resolved after restarting the game, which doesn't indicate a broken scene.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
After playing both the very early release before the re-writing and the newest one, I'm honestly not all too sure if I'll be enjoying the direction this game is taking right now.

On the one hand, I really enjoyed the very early versions, not by visual standards as it was a bit low in graphics quality, but because I felt the intro and characters had something to it. The writing was nice and the characters well-rounded, if stereotypical :), though this might be a reason as to why I liked them so much. While "amnesia-ridden protagonist on a new environment being welcomed" was nothing groundbreaking it was at least something to convey what the game had going for it. The new intro on the other hand feels a tad too clicheé for my tastes.

Mild spoilers up ahead from the current release:

Another issue that really bugged me was the teaser scene with Serra. The scene struck out of nowhere and pushed this game into a direction that I may not entirely like alltogether, not because it's not my thing, but because there's another game out that has already done it - namely Mythic Manor. While the characters are quite stereotypical, I enjoyed what the earlier versions had - especially the version before the rework came along, which technically had more content and more character development. Serra's character development is in particular guilty of that, as I remember her as being a shy, dorky and quite timid person. To me it feels like this scene takes what I already know and throws it out into the bin.

I figure it's not entirely fair to judge a game after it has undergone a re-write (apparent in the new intro and somewhat changed events happening in place), yet the direction this takes makes me feel a bit uneasy. Credit where it's due - the characters as they are right now are still nicely written (small grammatical errors not withstanding) and I enjoy seeing what comes next.

Nevertheless, glad to hear you are going to look for a bit more of a memory cleanup. My PC should be more than able to handle these kinds of games, yet it occurs that after a couple of minutes, it randomly freezes and subsequentially crashes and I already suspected there to be a memory leak issue - I generally keep drivers up to date and the issues resolved after restarting the game, which doesn't indicate a broken scene.
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED V.25-------------------------------------

Hey there, I do appreciate the opinion, and understand where you're coming from. Especially with Serra and her teaser, I get that it was absolutely out of nowhere, story wise. I didn't plan on having that teaser until the next update, when it and the other... "surprises" were going to occur, but I wanted to test the waters so to speak, so it definitely is out of place as it is. And yeah Serra's personality was changed a bit, I still feel she has her timid and dorky nature, but I did tone down the shyness. It just felt too... overdone I guess, lots of games have the cute shy girl, and it just wasn't too fun to write for, so I guess I toned up her dorkiness and toned down the shyness. But I do have plans for the direction of the game, hopefully ones that will ease your unease, I don't plan to just simply have magic stuff for the sake of having magic stuff, there's a "main story" I plan to have accessible for the player to play through and learn about it all.

And to touch on the memory issues, it's strange, about 50% of people have them, 50% don't. I didn't experience any memory crashes with my playtesting, but one of my testers did. I'm going to look deep into it, and by next update fingers crossed will have whatever the culprit of the apparent memory leak is fixed up. Again, I do apologize for that I know it's super annoying.

Reactions: tonigobe

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Yes, with Serra it reminded me of Mythic Manor but I don't mind it. It's similar but also different, I like it.
Looking forward to more, if you go this way.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Yes, with Serra it reminded me of Mythic Manor but I don't mind it. It's similar but also different, I like it.
Looking forward to more, if you go this way.
If you all would like, to ease any worry and to give a teaser into whats to come, I can post a few teaser images from the V.3 update I've already begun work on, they'll give a big look into what exactly I'm planning for the game.

• Love
Reactions: HorizonD
Apr 2, 2019
Well, i had some time and made a Story- and Affections-Walkthrough for each of the main characters/side characters so far and a Summary Sheet for the two Jobs (Minigames).
If you find any mistakes, please inform me and i would update it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glacerose

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
And same for me, random crashes. I didn't have the issue in a previous version of the game.
Could you go into your game files and find traceback.txt or log.txt, if there is one, and upload it to a comment here? I'm trying to narrow down this crashing bug but I can't get it to crash on any of my systems to replicate it.

lewismasss

Mar 31, 2019
I alex a angle in the game is that what she hiding from the MC i hope she a good side

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
now i have a 2. issue. i do not know if it happens after Driver update or earlier. on the stat cartds emmely an v dissapear. i see the stat but the pikture and the help are gone
Could you send me your save file? It should be in your game folder under /game/saves/ and whatever page/slot you put it in it will be numbered. I'll take a look and see whats going on

4.70 star(s) 23 Votes