Alanthos

May 10, 2018
Just played the new game. Its massive and impressive. Reminds me of Marvel's Ultimate Comic line. Its beautiful, and streamlined, spoilery, nonsensical at times, seemingly a little rushed, and just similar enough to the original to make me hate it. I like it as a new game, but do not feel like it was an organic story. I will likely keep playing it, but really wish the original would have been finished first before this version came out. I lament for what was lost.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just played the new game. Its massive and impressive. Reminds me of Marvel's Ultimate Comic line. Its beautiful, and streamlined, spoilery, nonsensical at times, seemingly a little rushed, and just similar enough to the original to make me hate it. I like it as a new game, but do not feel like it was an organic story. I will likely keep playing it, but really wish the original would have been finished first before this version came out. I lament for what was lost.
Well remember in the old one the town locations were already unlocked, suspect the flow will be better in this game as well as soon as we get there. Problem is even if it makes some sense, it leaves us with too many dead periods and two girls having about 4 times the relation points of others. :)

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
whats the latest version ? if i look here it says 0.3a but if i look on google 0.95 is mentioned (though no download)

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
whats the latest version ? if i look here it says 0.3a but if i look on google 0.95 is mentioned (though no download)
I may be wrong but what you find in google says V.095.
If I interpret this correctly it means 0.095 and is an earlier version than 0.3a.
Yeah, as lewismasss mentioned, the Dev has switched from Honey Select to Daz3d and you can find it under the posted link.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
must say comparing sylphine with island i do prefer the style from island XD probably the only one on that one xd still both look great though
The new version has great graphics, but also for me there the "uncanny valley" effect is apparent, which I somehow find disturbing and breaks my immersion. The old version feels more cozy and comfy and the more simple HS graphics paradoxically make it feel more real.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
The new version has great graphics, but also for me there the "uncanny valley" effect is apparent, which I somehow find disturbing and breaks my immersion. The old version feels more cozy and comfy and the more simple HS graphics paradoxically make it feel more real.
same it looks more cartoony but more real. probably all the anime people grew up with that makes it so XD

Reactions: Konstantinus

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I understand that losing data, I forgot what happened but whatever, can be really bad because it means a lot of lost progress, worse when you have to begin from scrap without any type of backups. So it can be hard to reproduce what was already done.

But besides that, I agree with the others, I also liked the HS models better than the new ones. I get it that some might think it gets boring to see the same models because HS is widely used, but the same could probably be said about other ones.
By style, I prefer the more game-like style of HS, a bit towards anime feeling, yet still far from the Koikatu style, but which I also like. I kinda dislike styles that go towards what the new game uses, I can't describe it well but I just dislike it. Maybe because it looks dull, if that is the right word. The style should make them look more realistic, but ironically I kinda think that the opposite is true.

Last edited:

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
if there was a way i would like to see both versions. some people will like the new one and i can see why but plenty would also like the old style of si. to me personally its such a shame that its abandoned but i wish the creator all the luck for this new one even if its possibly not for me. as i have played the game and cant get past the intro as unfortunately it just puts me off

Last edited:

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
if there was a way i would like to see both versions.
Yes, if.
The problem is the workload, he would have to create the scenes in two different engines (if not the right word, not sure how else to call it) and thus doubling the required work in that regard. In the first place the opportunity to switch appeared because he lost the data for the HS version so he would have had to recreate the models and then each scene again.
With a new style he could start anew and did not have to worry about it to be exactly the same as it was before, he could even adjust it now to look different when it works with the new style. One example is the new design for Alex, while I still dislike the new style I do like her new design.

• Sad

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Yes, if.
The problem is the workload, he would have to create the scenes in two different engines (if not the right word, not sure how else to call it) and thus doubling the required work in that regard. In the first place the opportunity to switch appeared because he lost the data for the HS version so he would have had to recreate the models and then each scene again.
With a new style he could start anew and did not have to worry about it to be exactly the same as it was before, he could even adjust it now to look different when it works with the new style. One example is the new design for Alex, while I still dislike the new style I do like her new design.
oh i know it would double the workload but you can't stop me from hoping ;) as said i may not like the new style plenty of people will so i wish the creator all the best

4.70 star(s) 23 Votes