3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
I am enraged, this is against everything Pure and Roman!

She might as well don the Toga, going outside without Palla!? Her paterfamilias must be shamed, and the husband too ought to be retaught Roman values!

May 19, 2019
Berlin? Prussians were fond of greco-roman architecture, and it looks like the upper part of the Alte Nationalgalerie, with the windows photoshopped out.
The idea is good.
This building is also built in the style of historicism. But it is not the Alte Nationalgalerie in Berlin

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
He's busy fucking when he should be BURNING CARTHAGE TO THE GROUND!
Literally unplayable

Downloading...

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Opening optionsmenu gives error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/game_menu.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/game_menu.png'.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Just rename the wife Carthage, and we'll destroy her.
*Proceeds to throw salt on Carthage*

Carthage: "Hey... what are you doing!"

Random Hastati: "Err... we're salting yer farmland..."

Random Principe: "And next we're gonna burn you to the ground!"

*Carthage begins to run away as Random Principe chases behind her waving a flaming torch.*

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
So some comments. Be aware i havnt played the game.

The art is ok, but could use some improvements. Aforementioned backgrounds are one, having a modern picture just made blurry and used as a BG might go for alpha builds, but try to find some good replacements when you have the story and some decent content in.

Next, historical accuracy. As said before, some scenes show the characters wearing clothes in a slightly wrong way. Take the Palla, here is a picture example of some clothing, including the palla:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As you can see the palla is a sort of extra garnment worn over the regular womens toga, simmilar to what men would also wear (Pallium). There is also a strophium (equivelent to a bra) and some examples of footwear. Also notice how the neckline is often straight and high on the toga. If anything, a deeper neckline if at all present in ancient rome, as well as short, above the knee, dress length, was something only seen in low class "prostitutes".

As on that topic, be aware that protitution was around, but it had various layers and was never realy called that (prostitution is a more modern invented name) but low class "protitutes" are often if not exclusively slaves. Similar to greek sociëty, women of higher class that engaged in prostitution usualy didnt wear such scandelous (for the time) clothes, and can be meassured more akin to expensive call girls in modern days.

So for a married women to wear the currently depicted short dress would be highly unheard of, and probely something the main character would have to work her up to before she would start wearing it.

Take these points and perhaps make use of it to improve the setting of your game, or ignore it..... it is your game after all. Good luck with the development, and maybe i will try it out at a later stage.

PS: Indeed dont be discouraged by me or anyone else, it's your first game, so take it as a learning experience. Ignore us if you disagree ;) (y)

Reactions: mars_dog_invasion
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes