3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

ShadySkull

Jul 15, 2022
idk how I feel they using AI for their in-game asset, maybe just a placeholder for now since it's just beta? but I think with their funding they can do so much better than this

Reactions: shamtiiomi

Sarg

Jun 1, 2017
Hi. I can't do anything in city dump (guard always stop me), and scrapyard path are block. Could you please tell me what i hate to do?

Last edited:

Rohse

Jan 4, 2018
I noticed if you die enough (maybe 5 times? didn't count) then a third tire appears on your respawn which makes it easier.
The problem I was facing was that I couldn't actually lose the fight. I was just "stuck" in a repeating animation without the fight starting.
So I deleted the game and am waiting for the next release, or the one after that. Guessing it'll be solved at some point and with the release scheldule of these games missing an update isn't the end of the world.

Feb 8, 2023
I never manage to get NLT game to run on Linux using WINE version 5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1) properly. I am not expert in Windows or WINE and some say RPG Maker runtime needed to install to do. Maybe you (or other expert) can explain how to do this to help people with Linux only desktop? Thank you in advance.(y)
Your version of WINE is too old to cope with a Windows game as new as SotS I'm afraid. You could update your system manually from the WINE website to version 9.0 although the easiest thing for Ubuntu users to do (and Linux purists will hate this) is to download the Flatpak version of Lutris from Flathub (don't use the deb version) which will sets up a platform on your system which you can use to play many Windows games on Linux, including the Windows version of Symphony of the Serpent. Here's what you need to do:

1. Install the Flatpak version of Lutris from Flathub.
2. Run Lutris.
3. Click the 'hamburger' (three line) button top right.
4. Click "Add game" from the menu.
5. Select "Add locally installed game".
6. For "Name" write "Symphony of the Serpent", for "Sort name" write "symphony-of-the-serpent", for "Runner" select "Wine runs Windows games", for "Release year" write "2024".
7: Click the "Game options" tab.
8. Click the "..." rightmost on the "Executable" line and navigate to the Game.exe file in the Symphony of the Serpent directory, wherever you have placed the game, and click the OK button to select it.
9. Click the "..." rightmost on the "Working directory" line and navigate to your Symphony of the Serpent directory and click the OK button to select it.
10. Click on the "Runner options" tab, checky that the "Advanced" slider button is in the on position, and that "Wine version" is set to "System (9.0) default".
11. Click the "Save" button at the top of the window.

A "Symphony of the Serpent" button should now appear in the "Games" pane of Lutris which, if clicked, should pop-up a "Play" button at the bottom of the pane which, when clicked, should start SotS running. (If the cut scenes are laggy you might have to turn off the enhanced effects in options.) If nothing happens click the "Stop" button, close Lutris, restart Lutris and try again. Hopefully this will work for you and save you having to mess with WINE. Why not give it a go? ;)

Last edited:

Erastmus

Jan 10, 2018
So, there is no key or booty call right now? There were no keys because.
On the otherhand game has a bug: I finished the story then head back to city dump. If you enter there, you are trapped. No way back. If you go to scrapyard, way is opened as there are no gang members. You can access the city dump from there too but you are trapped once again. I mean there is an entrance but no way back :)

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
So, there is no key or booty call right now? There were no keys because.
On the otherhand game has a bug: I finished the story then head back to city dump. If you enter there, you are trapped. No way back. If you go to scrapyard, way is opened as there are no gang members. You can access the city dump from there too but you are trapped once again. I mean there is an entrance but no way back :)
I didn't see that bug. There are tuns(?) preventing you access, after the goons come by, those tuns are gone and you can just walk there...

I did see however a few bugs fighting the goons, first time a 1 was visible but no goon, until an invisible goon killed me. Second time the goons seem to freeze, and I couldn't do anything any more.

After 10 times I killed them all by just jumping tires

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes