• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and systems will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.
3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
Your version of WINE is too old to cope with a Windows game as new as SotS I'm afraid. You could update your system manually from the WINE website to version 9.0 although the easiest thing for Ubuntu users to do (and Linux purists will hate this) is to download the Flatpak version of Lutris from Flathub (don't use the deb version) which will sets up a platform on your system which you can use to play many Windows games on Linux, including the Windows version of Symphony of the Serpent. Here's what you need to do:

1. Install the Flatpak version of Lutris from Flathub.
2. Run Lutris.
3. Click the 'hamburger' (three line) button top right.
4. Click "Add game" from the menu.
5. Select "Add locally installed game".
6. For "Name" write "Symphony of the Serpent", for "Sort name" write "symphony-of-the-serpent", for "Runner" select "Wine runs Windows games", for "Release year" write "2024".
7: Click the "Game options" tab.
8. Click the "..." rightmost on the "Executable" line and navigate to the Game.exe file in the Symphony of the Serpent directory, wherever you have placed the game, and click the OK button to select it.
9. Click the "..." rightmost on the "Working directory" line and navigate to your Symphony of the Serpent directory and click the OK button to select it.
10. Click on the "Runner options" tab, checky that the "Advanced" slider button is in the on position, and that "Wine version" is set to "System (9.0) default".
11. Click the "Save" button at the top of the window.

A "Symphony of the Serpent" button should now appear in the "Games" pane of Lutris which, if clicked, should pop-up a "Play" button at the bottom of the pane which, when clicked, should start SotS running. (If the cut scenes are laggy you might have to turn off the enhanced effects in options.) If nothing happens click the "Stop" button, close Lutris, restart Lutris and try again. Hopefully this will work for you and save you having to mess with WINE. Why not give it a go? ;)
Thank you! Works but options "Enhanced Effects" kill speed jerky on i7-3770 quad core. Game is playable but I hope Linux version running natively, without Lutris and WINE overhead, will be much better. I will experiment if I can. ;)

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I did see however a few bugs fighting the goons, first time a 1 was visible but no goon, until an invisible goon killed me. Second time the goons seem to freeze, and I couldn't do anything any more.
These "goon" bugs happen only after they hit you and you survived because you are carrying the green bottle. Therefore, the bottle is useless and you have to perform a perfect combat without being hit.

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
Even now with beta the more I play more I like SotS. :) Demon girls, Empusa and Agrat, both seem trapped separate Oracle-like vessel, Agrat in subterranean vessel and Lampusa in terrestrial vessel now in MC possession. So are Agrat and Lampusa to be SotS oracles like Evie and Arianna? (I think I read somewhere that SotS have two oracles.) If so how can Lampusa interact physically with MC and Agrat with Lilith without material bodies? Interesting. I like the new isometric view, am intrigue by characters, find all female appealing. Don't mind the fights which are not hard when you use your head, tyres and mobile rubbish bags (which kill opponent when pushed into them) to assist. Interface does need refining, brightening, sharpening, beautifying and polishing IMHO. All in all I think that this game could be GREAT! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Joyfulbeekeeper
Oct 17, 2019
Well, I liked Julia, but Amira looks so more promising to me... hehehe

How did you get this image? I know there is a software to open the game files but I don't remember the name...
Didn't you like other girls? Margaret for example?
What is promicing for you in Amira?
Am I right that Amira has already become you favourite character?

jeroentje

Apr 8, 2020
I'm giving up. Everytime I lost to the thugs in the dump my game freezes.
Finally I defeat them and my game freezes again. :mad:
I will wait for a more stable game.

Oct 17, 2019
I'm liking it so far, especially the religious overtones in this suburban, middle-class nuclear family. IMO, you don't need incest with a story like this. All I need to see is the preachy MILF turning out be a closet freak when she tries to seduce the new guest in their home. I won't give my hopes up though. Still plenty of ways they can fuck this up. Starting with having too many goddamn characters just like the last game.
I am sure that Julia desperately needs something more that her hubby can do.

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
I am sure that Julia desperately needs something more that her hubby can do.
So did Naomi in ToN who was hot, ready to trot, and dominatrix from the get-go who took the lead and pulled the strings. :( Julia on other hand appears modest church going lady and may take big effort by MC over a long while to realize potential. :LOL:

Reactions: Joyfulbeekeeper
Oct 17, 2019
So did Naomi in ToN who was hot, ready to trot, and dominatrix from the get-go who took the lead and pulled the strings. :( Julia on other hand appears modest church going lady and may take big effort by MC over a long while to realize potential. :LOL:
Naomi was not dominatix, just open-minded woman, so solved her problem easy. But I am afraid, Julia will have to doubt in herself and suffer a little bit longer :cry:

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes