FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Will keep that in mind in the future. Didn't knew people were that paranoid now a days.
Not so much paranoid as more careful, Like cxx mentioned, recently some presumed 'leaked' updates were containing some types of malware.
The mods/uploaders here do a great job in trying to catch these before they are put up for download, but it's a cat and mouse thing.
So, it can happen that one slips through due to a new method of hiding and activation delays.
Understandably this makes some folks a bit hesitant in downloading things that are precompiled, and mods don't/can't just scan every post containing an attachment.
The more experienced players probably know how to decompile a precompiled file, but those that don't far outnumber those that do.

That don't mean they will understand what the file does, but at least if the uncompiled form is included or just only that (since it will get compiled at runtime anyways),
it gives a higher sense of trust, since someone wanting to do harm will want to avoid making it easier to detect by not including the uncompiled rpy file(s)

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
can't get this version to run, none of saves work at all
tried latest (and fixed?) 0.6.17, tried adding different fixes on top of it, tried with mod/without it - nothing

AeroVux

Jun 30, 2020
I'm not saying "we" may or may not be fired due to actions taken, but "we" will be forced to resign. Interesting storyline though.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildquill

AeroVux

Jun 30, 2020
While this happening in the FL universe is a point to be taken into consideration, police do still have very specific rules. I highly doubt police even in this universe allow their officers to partake in the usage of PEDs...

Then again, fictional universe as you said.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
can't get this version to run, none of saves work at all
tried latest (and fixed?) 0.6.17, tried adding different fixes on top of it, tried with mod/without it - nothing
Works fine here, no clue about saves from previous versions though.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
While this happening in the FL universe is a point to be taken into consideration, police do still have very specific rules. I highly doubt police even in this universe allow their officers to partake in the usage of PEDs...

if in same universe then at end of fl (mc and rest of party go to police) tells about this game.

AeroVux

Jun 30, 2020
Yeah, I didn't play FL, maybe I should. Might learn something about this police officer who is allowed to break rules whenever he feels like it, and the mega incompetent CO.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
USA has a long tradition of pardoning known murderers as long as their mob bosses tyake the hit - they snitch on the boss, pin the killings they did on them and they get to wak sco free. You can see them parading around social media as the free murderers they are. USA police are the most dispicable load of criminals enabling bureaucrats you will ever see.

Undercover police officers get supplied hard drugs by the FBI for years before they can hope to attract cartel bosses they could dupe and bring down, so PEDS are like watered down sodas for their drugged up undercover armada.
I'm not saying "we" may or may not be fired due to actions taken, but "we" will be forced to resign. Interesting storyline though.
neither if this actually happens in same universe as fl.

if in same universe then at end of fl (mc and rest of party go to police) tells about this game.
In any major USA city there are mutiple police precincts and usually a university has many faculty departments that are totally separate from one another - they can very well exist in separate branches of the same university, while being in totally different sectors of the same city.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I didn't play FL, maybe I should. Might learn something about this police officer who is allowed to break rules whenever he feels like it, and the mega incompetent CO.
well fl is similar to this but fetishes are potential n+1.

In any major USA city there are mutiple police precincts and usually a university has many faculty departments that are totally separate from one another - they can very well exist in separate branches of the same university, while being in totally different sectors of the same city.
different cities, this is small town college/university while in fl has big town university.

AeroVux

Jun 30, 2020
Let's not talk shit about police, that wasn't my point. My point was that a "real" police would simply not take illegal drugs, it kills your case and carrier on the spot, if his CO was any caliber of a good officer, she'd relive him on the spot. Maybe I'm thinking too much of realism here...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Let's not talk shit about police, that wasn't my point. My point was that a "real" police would simply not take illegal drugs, it kills your case and carrier on the spot, if his CO was any caliber of a good officer, she'd relive him on the spot. Maybe I'm thinking too much of realism here...
well realism and avn rarely walk together holding hands.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
They pardon murderers and you expect their superiors to be hard on their officers over steroids? Really?
We are in entertainment media - go watch some bad boys and see just how much they get away with - much more than what is in this game.
They offer plea bargains to known drug traffickers, human traffickers and terrorists when they want to use their testimony. Nobody cares when their officers use lesser drugs to bring down a big hard drugs cartel.
The whole point is using lesser misdemeanor drug use or posession to get to hard drugs trafficking or human trafficking or what not.

AeroVux

Jun 30, 2020
Claiming that "Bad Boys" reflects real policing is as wrong as saying Call of Duty games shows what soldiers do every day. I'm simply saying that if the police in this game has any realism to it, "we" would have been put on administrative leave if not fired immediately and our case given to another undercover.

And more departments than you think still heavily punish officer that use drugs during or after a shift sine it does impair their judgement. If you can't trust a junkie living on the street, would you trust a "functional" junkie with a badge and a gun? Iwouldn't a junkie with a grain of sand, let alone a police officer who uses drugs. But that might be my europan way of seeing it.

The volleyball team might even be disqualifed for PED usage, but thats up to the sports ruling body to deal with if the department brings that too them.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
neither if this actually happens in same universe as fl.

It is the same universe.

Exhibit A: Iona

screenshot0001.png

3.80 star(s) 57 Votes