APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
You need to Say you are a Big fan of GILGAMESH !!!

Gilgamesh kind of Meh. Emiya is far more interesting as far as the guys go but for the girls either Rider or Rin (every one usually picks Saber I like her but...)

slashslayer

Apr 16, 2021
Ok, then what's your problem with Mary? The reason why you can't continue her, is that her further quests require other characters at advanced stages in their relationships.
I wasn't talking about Mary necessarily, though. and the reason why is that i simply didn't know why her quest depended on other quest to proceed since i couldn't proceed at her quest. of course i won't have an opinion about something i haven't experienced

but, for my argument's sake, let's suppose that the person above who said "you have to do a quest of Character X because that same character corrupts Mary, therefore allowing you to proceed Mary's quest" is right and that's the case
an alternative proposal to interdependency, then, would be having Character's X quest and Mary's quest be one and the same quest, with the MC progressing with both characters at the same time in a perhaps dynamic way. Yes, Mary would be an obstacle for those who only do the quest for Character X and vice-versa, but so is the case to people who only care about Marya at this actual moment

also, being honest, i never said that interdependency is inhenrently bad, i don't think it is. i just think that a writer and a programmer can be creative while making a game in a lot of ways, not necessarily being limitedto interdependency and that's all

slashslayer

Apr 16, 2021
and i don't know if some of you will agree, but i think that what really annoys in this game(which if solved would nullify even the interdependency problems) is that it just doesn't seem...clear
for example, you once have to access the school's closet to proceed in one quest but until then it was never an accessible place and even worse, it's practically hidden in the background. so the player has to guess where to find it specifically and i find that very annoying (if there's previous dialogue really specifying the localisation then i admit my fault)

this game seems unorganized in a lot of aspects, which is ok for an unfinished project, but this is the only case that i've found where confusion is so constant

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I wasn't talking about Mary necessarily, though. and the reason why is that i simply didn't know why her quest depended on other quest to proceed since i couldn't proceed at her quest. of course i won't have an opinion about something i haven't experienced

but, for my argument's sake, let's suppose that the person above who said "you have to do a quest of Character X because that same character corrupts Mary, therefore allowing you to proceed Mary's quest" is right and that's the case
an alternative proposal to interdependency, then, would be having Character's X quest and Mary's quest be one and the same quest, with the MC progressing with both characters at the same time in a perhaps dynamic way. Yes, Mary would be an obstacle for those who only do the quest for Character X and vice-versa, but so is the case to people who only care about Marya at this actual moment

also, being honest, i never said that interdependency is inhenrently bad, i don't think it is. i just think that a writer and a programmer can be creative while making a game in a lot of ways, not necessarily being limitedto interdependency and that's all
It's not really about inter-dependancy as such, this game at present is simply a VN pretending to be a sandbox, almost everything has to be played through and are almost no scenes that have any options yet. (the only option right now is Trap or No trap)

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

I think one of the reasons it is not done your way in this game is because we are playing the story from the Mc's point of view. He happens to be in the middle of a mystery and if you let characters get too far ahead of each other in the story progression you can't really maintain the mysteries integrity without spoiling the end of it. That is the way I see it. Its not just see girl fuck girl type of game in the end Bang! harem imo.

slashslayer

Apr 16, 2021
It's not really about inter-dependancy as such, this game at present is simply a VN pretending to be a sandbox, almost everything has to be played through and are almost no scenes that have any options yet. (the only option right now is Trap or No trap)
i know, right? i've the exact same impression

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
i know, right? i've the exact same impression
Hopefully it'll get better when the NTR/Bro options come in, though I suspect it will simply be a case of 3 basic branches.
I'm really craving a good Sandbox that has real some Drama/Jeopardy, instead of all those "games" that are just linear storybooks.
You can't really win unless you have the ability to lose.

jayphi45

Jan 5, 2018
Hopefully it'll get better when the NTR/Bro options come in, though I suspect it will simply be a case of 3 basic branches.
I'm really craving a good Sandbox that has real some Drama/Jeopardy, instead of all those "games" that are just linear storybooks.
You can't really win unless you have the ability to lose.
From what we know about how the NTR path is started near the beginning of the game it will most likely be linear. I would expect all of the stories lines to be linear with small optional content placed throughout, imo.

And don’t expect drama either. This thread had a year long war leading to multiple purges because Darnell grabbed Mary’s tit.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
From what we know about how the NTR path is started near the beginning of the game it will most likely be linear. I would expect all of the stories lines to be linear with small optional content placed throughout, imo.

And don’t expect drama either. This thread had a year long war leading to multiple purges because Darnell grabbed Mary’s tit.
Yeah, I've been here through a lot of it.

shotzpro

Oct 27, 2018
You analysis is fundamentally flawed in that:

1) It takes no account of the fact that, as the game grows, the complexity of the coding does as well so each successive update was always likely to take longer.

2) You make no allowance for the fact that the earlier updates were significantly smaller then the updates which followed them and would therefore take longer to produce each update.

If you were going to make the argument you want to make you need to give a breakdown of the number of scenes/images in each update to the number of months for each update.

to simply say it takes longer for each update when the update size has noticeably and significantly grown means very little and doesn't prove anything. The first updates were very small.

that, in my opinion, is to be expected. Games with a low update rate at the start normally fail to get any backing as people are reluctant to back just off one or two updates as there is no sign of commitment and people have been burned a lot by incomplete games.

Once Devs show that they are committed to the projects and have a backing a Patreons updates then tend to get bigger and slower. this works out okay for the devs who express that this is what they are going to do and not so well for those who lack communication as people then think the work has stopped and bail.

Uber has been upfront that the updates were going to get larger and less frequent and also had pretty good (by the standards of the community) communication with those that back him on patreon and discord about what is going on. As a result his general number of patreons is holding steady around 4000-5000 per month and has done now for the past 6 months.

Also, there is still a real incentive for him to release, not just because otherwise people will stop backing, but also the exact opposite. Looking back over the last 3 years, every update has been met with a significant increase in his backers, most of whom then stick around for the next one.
Simple, hire a programmer. Before he got a congratulations and pat on the back, now he gets 30k+ and continues alone, clearly he's greedy and lazy

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Don't forget to ask him how big is the update. How much 'new' things were added and how much of it were just remake.
:FacePalm: why bother the man with pedantic questions? if he has the test version, it means the alpha is going to be released within a day or so, leaked here, and we can find out for ourselves.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes