Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
iirc the only characters you have evening quests for in the class room are Clara and Sara if I can figure out where he is it might give me some insight into what should be in his inventory and I am suspecting the inventory bug may be connected to the map bugs like a command is not being directed at the right instruction set. lets say he on the quest for Sara where he needs the candles or for Clara he needs the ruler... if those items are not in the inventory and he had them before but had not done there scenes yet that might be telling. More data the better. If he is tired of helping that is fine too.

I was a trouble shooter and these kind of weird random things bug the shit out of me.
I will say that Friday night when we started playing the update - I entered the cheat code only to skip the minigames. I didn't go for the free money, etc. As you know, I speed ran the game - skipping everywhere and anywhere that wasn't new. As soon as I started earning money in the bathroom, I bought things out of order - before I needed to, etc ... and never ran into these bugs being mentioned. It might be that I did these all just the right way and others just the wrong way. Yes, the coding needs revised - but it's odd that you, me, and Stil996 with our three different ways of playing the game didn't get any of these hiccups.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
It's been a couple hours since then and I don't really remember, sorry
You know what you can just go back your game if you need to start over it will take you awhile to get back there but if you do start over let us know if you get the bug again , just make sure you focus on the main girls first

This weekend I will try to break the game my self and see what happens

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Ok. before we wallpaper the page (way too late) - just start playing the game with the hints we've already supplied.

"get some studying done" for anytime is go to class during morning/day and click on Sara and select "study" option
"make sure the coast is clear" is kitchen door in Priscilla's back yard
"Group call time" is clicking on bed and choose "gather"

"Better head to class as usual" look in front of the school on the street in the evening for Sara

(If sara isn't in front of the school - make sure you have the ruler from the landing in your home and the scotch tape bought from the store and see if Clara is at or in the school).

Edit: Consider hiding screenshots behind spoilers or just attaching them using the "attach files" options below the text box
1651192642766.png and selecting "Thumbnail" to attach.

Reactions: APoc1

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Which one is that? i have about 5 keys
Okay you have all the scenes so why is that quest there , do you have the key from under the coffee table in your inventory presently?
Play your other quests ... they might have triggers for that other one.

"get some studying done" for anytime is go to class during morning/day and click on Sara and select "study" option

"Better head to class as usual" look in front of the school on the street in the evening for Sara

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Ok. before we wallpaper the page (way too late) - just start playing the game with the hints we've already supplied.

(If sara isn't in front of the school - make sure you have the ruler from the landing in your home and the scotch tape bought from the store and see if Clara is at or in the school).

Edit: Consider hiding screenshots behind spoilers or just attaching them using the "attach files" options below the text box
View attachment 1782320 and selecting "Thumbnail" to attach.
The trouble shooting process strives to eliminate variables by asking all these questions I am trying to eliminate some of the variables so far hardly any one can tell what exactly they did so far I have several theories , game play order, picking up inventory items out of order and lastly environmental variables associated with the users machine. All of them are theories the two first ones we should be able to test. the last one we can't but eliminating the first two if possible goes a long way to figuring things out. Normally this would be the Devs job but we know the history so maybe I can help maybe not...

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The trouble shooting process strives to eliminate variables by asking all these questions I am trying to eliminate some of the varibles so far hardly any one can tell what exactly they did so far I have several theories , game play order, picking up inventory items out of order and lastly environmental vairables associated with the users machine. All of them are theories the two first ones we should be able to test. the last onee we can't but eliminating the first two if possible goes a long way to figuring things out. Normally this would be the Devs job but we know the history so maybe I can help maybe not...
This has already gone on for almost 2 pages (nearly 40 posts) - maybe it is best to go private to continue?

Bacara

Aug 29, 2021
This game is complete guess work at times with a lot of tasks and it is still very buggy despite the rework.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
This game is complete guess work at times with a lot of tasks and it is still very buggy despite the rework.
All the tasks that took less than 60 game days in the previous version now take over 120 either because of guesswork, added hoops to jump through, or bugs.

Reactions: Enot1964

iury

Dec 27, 2021
the game is certainly a bugfest. but with almost 6k patreons, I think UberPie can spare some cash to hire some QA by now.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
the game is certainly a bugfest. but with almost 6k patreons, I think UberPie can spare some cash to hire some QA by now.
Well, yes and no.

Uber lives in France
Probably grosses $20k USD per month​
Patreon fees (8%)​
Currency conversion fees (non-Euro to Euro) (2.5%)​
Payment processing fees (3% ish)​
Before taxes $17,300 per month​
France taxes (43% estimate)​
$9,861 per month net income (A nice single income to take home, for sure!)​

Out of that, he already pays at least 2 contractors (lostraven as a writer and one other). Also would have other business expenses: accountant, technology repairs and upgrades, any monthly costs on art programs, etc ... and more and more. Let's not also forget saving for retirement (if he's thinking ahead) and other things.

That really doesn't leave a lot to spare to contract another person - but if he were, I would think he should contract a Program Manager to better manage expectations and deadlines. Another option would be to contract at $25+ per hour for an associate certified programmer and/or 3+ years experienced Unity coder with a portfolio showing results. This would mean an actual coder is dedicated to making sure gameplay works. There's dedicated writer in lostraven. And that would leave Uberpie to be the dedicated artists and visionary.

That would alleviate a lot of the problems going forward - and a coder with knowledge and trainer (rather than learning as they go) focused only on coding (rather than art, coding, etc etc) would bring the game back into line.

Reactions: APoc1

iury

Dec 27, 2021
imho to be honest you can save a LOT of money by hiring someone from 3rd world countries. I know a lot of excellent programmers with 15+ yrs of experience that don't make even $10/h. a very good QA for less than $6. anyways, I just hope he find someone to help. the artwork is top notch. a shame the code quality being so poor.

Reactions: Count Morado
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes