Gear42

Jun 24, 2018
This game has always had shaky art quality, a lot of early stuff was heavily traced, one update used 3d models with filters and now it's AI art.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
"That guy"
You obviously mean "Thanks to that guy who offered to help you when no other person bothered to even respond to your question - and even provided links to every Patreon post that has been copy/pasted here since the last update and reminded you that you had the tools to answer your own question all along."

You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: APoc1 and Stil996

chittstain

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply. This is when she's at the gym with Chantelle and I'm supposed to help her pump iron.

I've tried all of those things. When I click the map, the animation stays running in the background (mapclick.jpg). When I click the house or back to the gym or any other area, the animation stays running in the background (houseclick.jpg). When I click an action, I lose all of the buttons and menus (actionclick.jpg).
for anyone still having problem with the quest "pump iron with mary"
if you used a save game editor change ur stats and immorality to 0 and i was able to complete it.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Well sure but enough devs have proven this life style is possible.

Getting a steady income without doing barly any work.
Like the others said. Do it if it's so easy.
Making games is difficult. Painting isn't easy, coding isn't easy, writing isn't easy. They don't get easier when you have to do all three of them.
People here like to complain, but the last update was pretty damn big. It had a huge event with the comic-con, scenes for, I think, every major character. Plus a bunch of scenes for tiffany and danny.
Whether that's worth it given the time it took and the money it makes on patreon is subjective, but it is not "barely any work".

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Like the others said. Do it if it's so easy.
Making games is difficult. Painting isn't easy, coding isn't easy, writing isn't easy. They don't get easier when you have to do all three of them.
People here like to complain, but the last update was pretty damn big. It had a huge event with the comic-con, scenes for, I think, every major character. Plus a bunch of scenes for tiffany and danny.
Whether that's worth it given the time it took and the money it makes on patreon is subjective, but it is not "barely any work".
Yeah, It's hard. Also the more time you work in games the harder it gets unlike in any other form of craft or job.
When nobody knows your game it's updates every month or two months.
When you gain track and patrons it's 6 months updates if any.
There are still some serious devs out there of course but there are plenty of farmers too.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021
Like I said I believe he changed the software he was using as well the rig, to a better one that could explain some of the changes seen in the last update. Is true across all mediums , sketches on a note pad better pencil means an easier time of making finer detail, painting better brushes , paint and canvas can enhance what you can do with your technique. Its the same for hardware and software...
It doesn't works like that bro. Tradional art and Digital painting share the same purpose, but it's different medium, so that's not a good analogy. If you change your drawing software from Photoshop to Pocreate or Clip Studio paint, that won't change your artstyle. It's depend on someone else's technique and i'm saying this based on my experience went to CSP from Photoshop. We knew uberpie for a long time and noticed his art improvement from 2018 to 2022 (last update), he's improved but his artstyle from 2018 to 2022 (last update) is still share so much similarities compared to recent artworks (teasers). It's feel so much different, i can only thing he use AI or he hired colouring artist to help him (He didn't say anything about hiring artist in patreon post/comments).

I don't know if Uber will try and use AI , I am not saying he will not try it I just"doubt" he is now... Of course I have no proof but I have been seeing a literal ass ton of AI images as of late and from what I see of Ubers teasers I don't see the tell tale signs of AI currently with respects to the character art. If I was an artist specifically a game artist I would not be against using AI for back grounds but if I was already drawing the character art there is no way I would suddenly say to my self, Fuck art I will just use AI I never loved what I do and I never got much from doing it.... You just don't become good at art with that type of mentality in my opinion. Most artists I know are driven types of people...
Sadly.. he probably use AI for characters cgs. Ofc, Uberpie is only use it as a base, he still tweak his drawing and made his characters feels live. I can only think he use AI to produce more CGs to please his fans, game isn't always about passion but business too. I know this topic is very subjective, but my eyes keep telling me it's AI-generated images. At the same time I have no concrete proof for this accusation aside from my assumption, I could be wrong. So.. i'll wait for the new update and let majority of people speak, i think i'm not the only one who came up with this opinion. I rest my case then.

• Angry
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: KotMulder and APoc1

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
It doesn't works like that bro. Tradional art and Digital painting share the same purpose, but it's different medium, so that's not a good analogy. If you change your drawing software from Photoshop to Pocreate or Clip Studio paint, that won't change your artstyle. It's depend on someone else's technique and i'm saying this based on my experience went to CSP from Photoshop. We knew uberpie for a long time and noticed his art improvement from 2018 to 2022 (last update), he's improved but his artstyle from 2018 to 2022 (last update) is still share so much similarities compared to recent artworks (teasers). It's feel so much different, i can only thing he use AI or he hired colouring artist to help him (He didn't say anything about hiring artist in patreon post/comments).

Sadly.. he probably use AI for characters cgs. Ofc, Uberpie is only use it as a base, he still tweak his drawing and made his characters feels live. I can only think he use AI to produce more CGs to please his fans, game isn't always about passion but business too. I know this topic is very subjective, but my eyes keep telling me it's AI-generated images. At the same time I have no concrete proof for this accusation aside from my assumption, I could be wrong. So.. i'll wait for the new update and let majority of people speak, i think i'm not the only one who came up with this opinion. I rest my case then.

Not saying you are wrong or right , just don't know and if he is was, would he admit to it? You have to agree not likely he would. One thing AI really sucks at currently is shading and light reflection. Another thing I have noticed is the eye's if you look at most of the AI generated eye's they all look very similar.
I guess I don't really see the tell tale signs of AI so far in the teasers but as you also have said there is no proof either way at this point...

Sep 29, 2021
Not saying you are wrong or right , just don't know and if he is was, would he admit to it? You have to agree not likely he would. One thing AI really sucks at currently is shading and light reflection. Another thing I have noticed is the eye's if you look at most of the AI generated eye's they all look very similar.
I lied. I haven't "rest my case".
Ofc, he won't admit it.

One thing AI really sucks at currently is shading and light reflection. Another thing I have noticed is the eye's if you look at most of the AI generated eye's they all look very similar.
It's true, but it depends on the models and it can be tweaked. And the most important thing is your GPU, if you're GPU good then you won't get bad result.

I guess I don't really see the tell tale signs of AI so far in the teasers but as you also have said there is no proof either way at this point...
I have no concrete proof. But my assumption isn't baselesss. It's easy to spot an anatomy errors and AI generated image parts. Photobash and overpaint parts is looks very clear tooo.
sxz.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Doom

Jul 21, 2017
I lied. I haven't "rest my case".
Ofc, he won't admit it.

It's true, but it depends on the models and it can be tweaked. And the most important thing is your GPU, if you're GPU good then you won't get bad result.

I have no concrete proof. But my assumption isn't baselesss. It's easy to spot an anatomy errors and AI generated image parts. Photobash and overpaint parts is looks very clear tooo.
View attachment 2454190
looks ok to me

• Angry
Reactions: araara_commander

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I never said they dont do anywork overal.

I just said some devs barley do any work with the overal time they spend on these things. Like 1 or 2 updates a year without hiring extra help as well. They take there time and get paid good.
If it's barely any work, do it. Last update was 650 pages of narrative, 350 new images plus 6 big background images and 14 animated scenes. In this games quality. Should be easy, right?
I'll give you a month. It's barely any work after all and you don't even have to code and implement it all.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes