Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Sorry I didn't read your response very carefully. My main point is that everyone gets punished, and they are no longer given the opportunity to fix anything. Or at least, they are not always given the chance, and no one talks much to them. It’s like a cursed roulette where someone just gets unlucky. Is there any need to look for a second hidden, scary meaning here?
This guy just got very unlucky.
What "second hidden, scary meaning" are you referring to? This is the second time you have brought this up. Please be clear in what you are asking - if you are scared for some odd reason to bring it up in a public forum - message me, because this is ridiculous. Your tinfoil hat is showing. Calling him "victim" is silly. And your whataboutism saying other "top projects" is weak. Patreon works on a spot-check and reporting system to review creator content. Uberpie isn't the only "top project" to have been removed in the past year due to issues with content.

Uberpie already was on his "second chance" since 2018 when "Family Tales" became "Taffy Tales" and relationships changed in order for Uberpie to have a Patreon account.

Depending upon the content that is in question, Patreon may or may not give developers time to fix a game... if the content is too proliferated throughout the game or the content is too extreme (i.e. such as too young, which is not the factor of this game) or a developer is noncommunicative or has already been given a second chance in the past... there are a variety of factors. Bottom line is that it is easy to see with various content examples Uberpie included ran afoul of Patreon TOS/community guidelines - TOS/guidelines which had not changed in substance since before Uberpie started work on the game.

If you are strictly taking Uberpie on his word for what Patreon says, then that's on you. It's his side of the story only - with nothing showing to back that up. Simply his word. If you trust him that much, fine. If what he says fits your world view of an evil, malicious and capricious corporate Big Brother trying to stomp all over the little guy, that's your prerogative, too. But for me, I'm not believing jack when I'm only told one side and that one side makes themselves look like an innocent little angel who only ever does the right thing and is only thinking of their fans.

Look, I feel I'm repeating a lot of things I've already gone over here. If you have something direct you want to ask - start a private convo with me.
Enough with the teasers, a date please
Not going to happen.

First, the developer, Uberpie, hasn't communicated on here in 6 years. He communicates in his Patreon with updates and sometimes on his Discord. He's not even going to see your demand.

Second, Uberpie sucks at estimating release dates. Anything more than 2 weeks out for an estimate and he'll blow the date by a long shot.

Third, it's at least a month, if not two months (or even 2025), before whatever they are calling "Season 1" will be sent to Steam for consideration.

So I would recommend just relaxing and finding something to do during the wait.
Another question. Is NTR update here a separate game from the beginning or a continuation of story?
The Netorare (NTR) route is supposed to be an alternate route from nearly the beginning. However, the only part that has been implemented as part of the first half of "Season 5" (v1.07.3).

Last edited:

bobofthebush

Jun 9, 2017
What "second hidden, scary meaning" are you referring to? This is the second time you have brought this up. Please be clear in what you are asking - if you are scared for some odd reason to bring it up in a public forum - message me, because this is ridiculous. Your tinfoil hat is showing. Calling him "victim" is silly. And your whataboutism saying other "top projects" is weak. Patreon works on a spot-check and reporting system to review creator content. Uberpie isn't the only "top project" to have been removed in the past year due to issues with content.

Uberpie already was on his "second chance" since 2018 when "Family Tales" became "Taffy Tales" and relationships changed in order for Uberpie to have a Patreon account.

Depending upon the content that is in question, Patreon may or may not give developers time to fix a game... if the content is too proliferated throughout the game or the content is too extreme (i.e. such as too young, which is not the factor of this game) or a developer is noncommunicative or has already been given a second chance in the past... there are a variety of factors. Bottom line is that it is easy to see with various content examples Uberpie included ran afoul of Patreon TOS/community guidelines - TOS/guidelines which had not changed in substance since before Uberpie started work on the game.

If you are strictly taking Uberpie on his word for what Patreon says, then that's on you. It's his side of the story only - with nothing showing to back that up. Simply his word. If you trust him that much, fine. If what he says fits your world view of an evil, malicious and capricious corporate Big Brother trying to stomp all over the little guy, that's your prerogative, too. But for me, I'm not believing jack when I'm only told one side and that one side makes themselves look like an innocent little angel who only ever does the right thing and is only thinking of their fans.

Look, I feel I'm repeating a lot of things I've already gone over here. If you have something direct you want to ask - start a private convo with me.
Not going to happen.

First, the developer, Uberpie, hasn't communicated on here in 6 years. He communicates in his Patreon with updates and sometimes on his Discord. He's not even going to see your demand.

Second, Uberpie sucks at estimating release dates. Anything more than 2 weeks out for an estimate and he'll blow the date by a long shot.

Third, it's at least a month, if not two months (or even 2025), before whatever they are calling "Season 1" will be sent to Steam for consideration.

So I would recommend just relaxing and finding something to do during the wait.
The Netorare (NTR) route is supposed to be an alternate route from nearly the beginning. However, the only part that has been implemented as part of the first half of "Season 5" (v1.07.3).

I would broadly agree with the view that what Uberpie put out about the correspondence from Patreon is untrue. the TOS/guidelines for Patreon are largely to bring them in with compliance with the law in the countries that they operate in to mean they can't be held for distributing, or assisting in the production of, illegal material. To not keep a paper trail of their actions to show that they did something to protect themselves from possible legal action is unlikely.

In terms of the update, I thought the update before this one said they were in playesting, which makes me think it is closer than that, but I may have mis-read

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
In terms of the update, I thought the update before this one said they were in playesting, which makes me think it is closer than that, but I may have mis-read
It takes them at least one month, sometimes 2 or longer to play test, based upon past releases. Once it took them about three and then required a full month of bug fixes after that.

Uberpie did announce that 25 Jul. However neither of the next 2 updates mention anything about how play testing is going.

Reactions: Amnesion

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021

Wow, I tried to be extremely polite, but it's useless with you. You're quite primitively twisting the conspiracy theory—this is about you, don't put your tinfoil hat on me. I believe his words and the words of other developers, while you just have a rather strange resentment and simply don't believe them. You don't have the other side of the conflict that reflects your opinion, my aggressive, overly confident (without clear reason) friend. Is Uber lying? Are other developers complaining about the same support issues lying? Is the Earth flat? It's quite amusing how you try to reduce your thoughts to the idea that everyone is lying except you (or Patreon? Maybe you asked them?).

All this is generally quite normal, and everyone has their own opinion, but you are a moderator and speak with such aplomb as if you have secret knowledge and are lecturing others. Will you delete this message of mine or answer what your ironclad confidence that everyone is lying except Patreon is based on? Maybe you'll argue that other developers' works have no fewer Patreon rule violations, but they stay afloat, and all checks and deletions are some kind of roulette? Nobody talked about angels, yet another amusing twist lol. So, will you answer, my friend? What makes you think you know better how Patreon support works? What makes you think Uber is lying, and why would he do that? I think he would be happy to remove the red flag content and continue working.

Please don't delete this comment and lay out on the table why we should believe you and not the developer and others like him. They are in the industry, and you are just a literate, attentive moderator on the forum. Don't be offended; there's nothing personal here, really.

Reactions: thegrindisreal

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021
He communicates in his Patreon with updates and sometimes on his Discord. He's not even going to see your demand.

He replies in subscribestar, and yes - he sucks at estimating release dates. That's true.

Sanda Bidge

Feb 19, 2022
Hey guys I stopped right before the AI shenanigans. Is there any progression in Tiffany, Priscilla and Stacy routes? And does Ryoko show up again?

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021
Hey guys I stopped right before the AI shenanigans. Is there any progression in Tiffany, Priscilla and Stacy routes? And does Ryoko show up again?
In version 0.95.7, there was quite a lot with Priscilla and Tiffany. Then, there seemed to be a bit more, but I'm not sure. In the teasers of the new update, there was a hot scene with Priscilla in a BDSM mask and Danny (or his sister, I didn't quite get it), but after the Patreon ban, they seemed to have switched to Steam. At first, he used AI very awkwardly (as well as 3D and photobashing), he was learning. But now everything seems really cool. Though it’s a matter of taste, I find Daz3D annoying, but people like it. I don’t know about Stacey.

Reactions: succhiale

bobofthebush

Jun 9, 2017
It takes them at least one month, sometimes 2 or longer to play test, based upon past releases. Once it took them about three and then required a full month of bug fixes after that.

Uberpie did announce that 25 Jul. However neither of the next 2 updates mention anything about how play testing is going.
I shall bow to your knowledge of how long, historically, the game has remained in playtesting. I had assumed, based on the finished product, that playtesting did not take too long. I can now only assume that, at the start of playtesting, the game does not even load.:ROFLMAO::eek:

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021
I shall bow to your knowledge of how long, historically, the game has remained in playtesting. I had assumed, based on the finished product, that playtesting did not take too long. I can now only assume that, at the start of playtesting, the game does not even load.:ROFLMAO::eek:
Yes, you're both absolutely right about this issue. Maybe they just chose the wrong name for this development phase? Something like - omg why the heck won't this damn thing start?

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
Wow, I tried to be extremely polite, but it's useless with you. You're quite primitively twisting the conspiracy theory—this is about you, don't put your tinfoil hat on me. I believe his words and the words of other developers, while you just have a rather strange resentment and simply don't believe them. You don't have the other side of the conflict that reflects your opinion, my aggressive, overly confident (without clear reason) friend. Is Uber lying? Are other developers complaining about the same support issues lying? Is the Earth flat? It's quite amusing how you try to reduce your thoughts to the idea that everyone is lying except you (or Patreon? Maybe you asked them?).

All this is generally quite normal, and everyone has their own opinion, but you are a moderator and speak with such aplomb as if you have secret knowledge and are lecturing others. Will you delete this message of mine or answer what your ironclad confidence that everyone is lying except Patreon is based on? Maybe you'll argue that other developers' works have no fewer Patreon rule violations, but they stay afloat, and all checks and deletions are some kind of roulette? Nobody talked about angels, yet another amusing twist lol. So, will you answer, my friend? What makes you think you know better how Patreon support works? What makes you think Uber is lying, and why would he do that? I think he would be happy to remove the red flag content and continue working.

Please don't delete this comment and lay out on the table why we should believe you and not the developer and others like him. They are in the industry, and you are just a literate, attentive moderator on the forum. Don't be offended; there's nothing personal here, really.
He does lie an example is the change for the main route without prior notice nor explanation with just a teaser for a different route than announced.second he changed his overall creative direction for AI art + AI dialogues which aren't checked.
That's why you shouldn't take his speech for granted.
just take a look at his actions not the words to evaluate someone's honesty.

As for the ban I agree with you patreon does ban countless people and often for dumb reasons.But the fact he tells he wasn't told the reason is a bit suspicious,even if you are banned they always tell you the reason.Pixiv for example is Powertripping on double standard they will allow the most violent,morally wrong content for if you are japanese but if you are a NON-japanese you will get scolded even for nudity (censored penis which wasn't there prior)
kinda racist tbh

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021
He does lie an example is the change for the main route without prior notice nor explanation with just a teaser for a different route than announced.second he changed his overall creative direction for AI art + AI dialogues which aren't checked.
That's why you shouldn't take his speech for granted.
just take a look at his actions not the words to evaluate someone's honesty.
1. I don't quite understand what the lie is regarding the route change and what change you're referring to (is this a separate NTR project build?). How do you even imagine notifying about all changes in the plot? I'm not trying to exaggerate, I really just don't understand what you're talking about. And again, the word "lie" doesn't quite fit here.

2. Regarding AI, I’ll say right away - I agree that I am also not a fan of AI and how it has cluttered all the galleries, etc. There’s no point in talking about all the memes about AI artists either, since it's all quite amusing for now. But he never said he doesn’t use it (i.e., there was no lie).

However, as I see it, he is trying to apply it, first terribly clumsily, then a bit better, and now I really like how AI helps him in his work, although again not without mistakes (fingers lol). I generally don't always understand and see the question – is it AI or not? This means the approach works overall.

As I wrote above, the attitude towards AI now is approximately the same (although who am I kidding, it’s much worse since the threat to artists unwilling to adapt is much more serious) as it was to 3D tracing, rendering, and photobashing in its time. At first, everyone raged, then most artists in the industry started using it. It’s pretty much the same here. Apparently, Uber is afraid to directly say that he uses AI (but again, he’s not lying):
a) Because of the huge backlash in the community, which is really enormous
b) Because everything initially came out very clumsily, and that’s a fact he tries to hide and justify by redrawing unsuccessful experiments.

In other words, he is a controversial figure and inclined towards novelties and shortcuts. But he has never openly lied. In my opinion, his biggest sin is how he crudely photobashed and used references at the beginning of his career when his drawing skills were still weak.
I can't guarantee that he never lied, but I don't see any reasons for it. (Yes, I'm trying to justify again that he’s not my idol, lol).

Last edited:

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
1. I don't quite understand what the lie is regarding the route change and what change you're referring to (is this a separate project build?). How do you even imagine notifying about all changes in the plot? I'm not trying to exaggerate, I really just don't understand what you're talking about. And again, the word "lie" doesn't quite fit here.

2. Regarding AI, I’ll say right away - I agree that I am also not a fan of AI and how it has cluttered all the galleries, etc. There’s no point in talking about all the memes about AI artists either, since it's all quite amusing for now. But he never said he doesn’t use it (i.e., there was no lie).

However, as I see it, he is trying to apply it, first terribly clumsily, then a bit better, and now I really like how AI helps him in his work, although again not without mistakes (fingers lol). I generally don't always understand and see the question – is it AI or not? This means the approach works overall.

As I wrote above, the attitude towards AI now is approximately the same (although who am I kidding, it’s much worse since the threat to artists unwilling to adapt is much more serious) as it was to 3D tracing, rendering, and photobashing in its time. At first, everyone raged, then most artists in the industry started using it. It’s pretty much the same here. Apparently, Uber is afraid to directly say that he uses AI (but again, he’s not lying):
a) Because of the huge backlash in the community, which is really enormous
b) Because everything initially came out very clumsily, and that’s a fact he tries to hide and justify by redrawing unsuccessful experiments.

In other words, he is a controversial figure and inclined towards novelties and shortcuts. But he has never openly lied. In my opinion, his only sin is how he crudely photobashed and used references at the beginning of his career when his drawing skills were still weak.
I can't guarantee that he never lied, but I don't see any reasons for it. (Yes, I'm trying to justify again that he’s not my idol, lol).
at the end of the prior update he announced the ntr route which was then cancelled by just posting a teaser for main route.
My point is don't take his speech for face value and especially when that person is knwon for shortcuts.
Second AI art can be used in a great way just look at starmaker or other games like my new girlfriend.
they both really used it at full potential if you mastered it.

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021
at the end of the prior update he announced the ntr route which was then cancelled by just posting a teaser for main route.
My point is don't take his speech for face value and especially when that person is knwon for shortcuts.
Second AI art can be used in a great way just look at starmaker or other games like my new girlfriend.
they both really used it at full potential if you mastered it.
1. Thank you for understanding my words correctly. However, I still don’t see any deceit in the fact that he couldn’t release both the NTR (Netorare) and the regular update simultaneously. They were already enormous and comprehensive updates. Plus, people are upset on both sides.

2. You cited two excellent projects as examples. Regarding Starmaker, I can only say that it’s probably the most successful application of pixel art AI in the adult gaming industry—truly impeccable, bravo. The only thing is that pixel art makes hundreds of times fewer mistakes compared to non-pixel art.

As for My New Girlfriend, the situation is far more interesting. I'll start by saying that the project is indeed excellent and the creator did an outstanding job. However, I spent just three minutes pointing out the numerous issues present in just one screenshot of the game.
h111.png That is, almost all the screenshots in the game’s description were practically unedited. In this regard, Uber is currently (!) much better (and gets criticized ten times more harshly). Even though I wouldn’t want to compare them directly, I'll repeat—an excellent example nonetheless.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
1. Thank you for understanding my words correctly. However, I still don’t see any deceit in the fact that he couldn’t release both the NTR (Netorare) and the regular update simultaneously. They were already enormous and comprehensive updates. Plus, people are upset on both sides.

2. You cited two excellent projects as examples. Regarding Starmaker, I can only say that it’s probably the most successful application of pixel art AI in the adult gaming industry—truly impeccable, bravo. The only thing is that pixel art makes hundreds of times fewer mistakes compared to non-pixel art.

As for My New Girlfriend, the situation is far more interesting. I'll start by saying that the project is indeed excellent and the creator did an outstanding job. However, I spent just three minutes pointing out the numerous issues present in just one screenshot of the game.
View attachment 3920439 That is, almost all the screenshots in the game’s description were practically unedited. In this regard, Uber is currently (!) much better (and gets criticized ten times more harshly). Even though I wouldn’t want to compare them directly, I'll repeat—an excellent example nonetheless.
I mean he said after the remake he said he would update only one route a time so... if there is any explanation that was provided later i would be glad to hear it.

Feb 10, 2022

What makes me think uber is full of shit is how i waited a year for an update that "he worked really hard on" but used loads of ai cg so the guy does not think twice about saying something that anyone with 2 braincells will call bullshit

• Haha

BlaBlaCat

Formerly '343gtbdfbbf'
Apr 2, 2021
I mean he said after the remake he said he would update only one route a time so... if there is any explanation that was provided later i would be glad to hear it.
As far as I remember, he said that to stop the war between fans and haters of NTR, he split the project into two versions and that he would support both, but not with the same frequency. Considering that Patreon deleted everything, finding this news will be very difficult. So, the phrase about them going hand in hand wasn't there.

What makes me think uber is full of shit is how i waited a year for an update that "he worked really hard on" but used loads of ai cg so the guy does not think twice about saying something that anyone with 2 braincells will call bullshit

Oh, so many words about shit. And I see you're a connoisseur of shit, categorizing people right away. Buddy, can you determine if it's AI or not?
1719958590053.png Mmm? I, for example, cannot. Oh right, the offended ones will tell you it's AI! And they'll also tell you that AI writes his texts too! And probably programs as well, and in general, he lies about everything. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Do you have your own head on your shoulders or are you an NPC and need everything chewed up for you? Rhetorical question.

At the time of the ban, he had a huge fan base, which means that most people liked everything and many of them even followed him to SubscribeStar. You could always write to him to get your money back; as far as I know, there were no problems with that.

And now the most pleasant part. Buddy, how do you imagine AI art? Just type a prompt like AI artists and tweak the generations until you get a good one and everything is ready?)) I'll let you in on a secret – this doesn’t work with big specific tasks and projects. It's a one-time and unreliable strategy. All the tutorials on how AI will quickly do these kinds of tasks for you are scams. AI is just a tool, like 3D and photobashing. It's amazing how people are ready to immediately believe the offended ones and the loudest whiners without understanding the issue at all. I understand that your anger has blinded you and you won't understand half of what I wrote. Another tinfoil hat here.

And the most important thing – the fact that he did it in a way you don't like (and I agree, at first it was terrible, but then he fixed it) doesn't mean he is lying. Although for this logical step, you need more than two brain cells lol.

succhiale

Mar 25, 2024
Oh, so many words about shit. And I see you're a connoisseur of shit, categorizing people right away. Buddy, can you determine if it's AI or not?
View attachment 3921301 Mmm? I, for example, cannot. Oh right, the offended ones will tell you it's AI! And they'll also tell you that AI writes his texts too! And probably programs as well, and in general, he lies about everything. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Do you have your own head on your shoulders or are you an NPC and need everything chewed up for you? Rhetorical question.

At the time of the ban, he had a huge fan base, which means that most people liked everything and many of them even followed him to SubscribeStar. You could always write to him to get your money back; as far as I know, there were no problems with that.

And now the most pleasant part. Buddy, how do you imagine AI art? Just type a prompt like AI artists and tweak the generations until you get a good one and everything is ready?)) I'll let you in on a secret – this doesn’t work with big specific tasks and projects. It's a one-time and unreliable strategy. All the tutorials on how AI will quickly do these kinds of tasks for you are scams. AI is just a tool, like 3D and photobashing. It's amazing how people are ready to immediately believe the offended ones and the loudest whiners without understanding the issue at all. I understand that your anger has blinded you and you won't understand half of what I wrote. Another tinfoil hat here.

And the most important thing – the fact that he did it in a way you don't like (and I agree, at first it was terrible, but then he fixed it) doesn't mean he is lying. Although for this logical step, you need more than two brain cells lol.
Gosh, it's nice to realize that more and more people are starting to realize that AI is a tool. I'm ready to sign every word you say. Sorry, I know it's bad form to give advice when it's not asked for, but don't waste your time with people like that, because you can't prove anything to them. They haven't even tried to create something like this and don't know how much time it takes to get one finished art. And the fact that Uber had bad AI art originally (not all of it, but there were a lot) - I agree. There are far fewer of them now. Anyway, I sign every word, thanks for your time, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one:)))

KuroiiTenryuu

Jun 20, 2024
So I got a genuine question, what is this genre of games called like where there is a still background and you can click on intractable objects/characters no walking around bullshit just one click to go to next scene or area

3.50 star(s) 352 Votes