dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
I have to say I'm very impressed with the turnaround on this game. I had completely written Taffy Tales off as nothing but an NTR* game a long time ago, as that was what the creator was clearly into, but I checked in on the thread the other day only to see the message that NTR had been removed in the more recent builds. So I tried out 0.9.2 and I enjoyed it a lot. The art is good, the writing for the h-scenes is excellent and I'm enjoying all the character archetypes and dynamics between the MC and the ladies once things get going.

That said, the seeds of the future NTR route are still lurking around in the early game (which was a bit of a shame at first, as it had not done much to assuage my concerns about whether the creator's true desires would bubble up to the surface later in the game) but once you get past those beginning sections it rarely flares up too much again. From what I gather this change in direction of the game has been spearheaded by mostly one guy working with the game's creator, and I must say I appreciate the effort he's put into turning this into a game normies like me can enjoy. Taffy Tales has gone from being a game I laugh/joke about on other forums to one whose updates I'm genuinely excited for.

To the cool developer guy who posts in this thread: is there a public list/roadmap somewhere to give an indication of which routes will be worked on over the next couple of updates? I know Gerda is next, but is the 'subject' of subsequent updates not being revealed until a later date? Thanks

-------------------------------------------

*NTR = Netorare/Netorase for the purposes of this post. Netori is fairly standard for any h-game with a corruption element to it so I don't count it as NTR-specific. I don't care if "it's not technically Netorare because they're not in a relationship". You understand what I'm referring to

Reactions: cloudfw

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
I found the spare key and candles but don't know how to proceed. Someone help?

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
So the inventory is bugged. I can pick up candles and keys and key is there but not candles, there is no inventory space and I can't remove items from inventory either. @lostraven any idea what I can do?

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
So the inventory is bugged. I can pick up candles and keys and key is there but not candles, there is no inventory space and I can't remove items from inventory either. @lostraven any idea what I can do?
That's (hopefully) getting fixed next update.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Can I edit savefiles to remove things from inventory? Also where are savefiles stored?
I have no idea, as I never ran into that problem. My inventory was cleared enough to allow me to progress without issue.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
It's a glitch that should be fixed in the next update. Unfortunately we missed it in the last patch update.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the turnaround on this game. I had completely written Taffy Tales off as nothing but an NTR* game a long time ago, as that was what the creator was clearly into, but I checked in on the thread the other day only to see the message that NTR had been removed in the more recent builds. So I tried out 0.9.2 and I enjoyed it a lot. The art is good, the writing for the h-scenes is excellent and I'm enjoying all the character archetypes and dynamics between the MC and the ladies once things get going.

That said, the seeds of the future NTR route are still lurking around in the early game (which was a bit of a shame at first, as it had not done much to assuage my concerns about whether the creator's true desires would bubble up to the surface later in the game) but once you get past those beginning sections it rarely flares up too much again. From what I gather this change in direction of the game has been spearheaded by mostly one guy working with the game's creator, and I must say I appreciate the effort he's put into turning this into a game normies like me can enjoy. Taffy Tales has gone from being a game I laugh/joke about on other forums to one whose updates I'm genuinely excited for.

To the cool developer guy who posts in this thread: is there a public list/roadmap somewhere to give an indication of which routes will be worked on over the next couple of updates? I know Gerda is next, but is the 'subject' of subsequent updates not being revealed until a later date? Thanks

-------------------------------------------

*NTR = Netorare/Netorase for the purposes of this post. Netori is fairly standard for any h-game with a corruption element to it so I don't count it as NTR-specific. I don't care if "it's not technically Netorare because they're not in a relationship". You understand what I'm referring to
I am the cool developer guy (I like to think I'm cool, lol). We probably should introduce a road map, but there is a general outline following the Poll winners. So updates I can confirm go up to this:-
-Gerda and Priscilla (Next update, it was the last one in the backlog of work to get done before the poll winner updates).

Poll winners who will receive an extra large special update each. (In no ascending order, we want it to be a surprise).
-Tiffany Update.
-Mary Update.
-Becca updated, (combined with another girl).

Can't say any further I'm afraid.

The Main route will feature a fair bit of Netori, especially this update, though I personally feel its a rather neglected type of NTR we don't see done properly enough.

As for Netorare/Netorase there is a cuckold route available for players that will be introduced at the start of the game. 'Normies' can easily avoid said route and stay on the default main route.

As for some of the earlier scenes pre-my involvement, I've done some more thinking and I have a cunning plan that will (hopefully) work.

Reactions: dirgetka

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
So updates I can confirm go up to this:-
-Gerda and Priscilla (Next update, it was the last one in the backlog of work to get done before the poll winner updates).

Poll winners who will receive an extra large special update each. (In no ascending order, we want it to be a surprise).
-Tiffany Update.
-Mary Update.
-Becca updated, (combined with another girl).

Can't say any further I'm afraid.
Ah, excellent. Thanks a bunch!

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
If I remember you can find Sara out the front of the school in the afternoon.

It's the bug from the previous answer. Any plans to rework the begining so the MC isn't so cucked? Also any plans for the twink or is that dropped?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
It's the bug from the previous answer. Any plans to rework the begining so the MC isn't so cucked? Also any plans for the twink or is that dropped?
Can't give exact details on the re work but I can say it will involve some early scenes. And no I haven't forgotten that character, *cough* already wrote a scene or two.

Reactions: Tataro

Steve3444

Apr 8, 2019
Do you have any plans for more scenes with the hole in the fence? and also possibly spying on the other side where the fence is broken? she seemed to only be in her lawn once, and that pool is going to waste :D

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017
He hasn't fucked anyone yet. He's TRYING to fuck everyone. The only thing he's got away with is some mild molestation. This whole route will involve screwing him over. He's one of the main antagonists on the Main route.

As for fighting back properly, well, without giving away spoilers...look forward to the next update. (Which is about a week from now).
i hope he fucks my mom, janitor and becca. go darnel go! also im in favor als of tag team friendship with darnel

Steve3444

Apr 8, 2019
Other than Darnel trying to look like the stereotypical bad black guy(MC is worse) I don't even see the issue with him so far, he's just like the bully like any other VN, you didn't even have a gf or someone you like so I don't see any cucking or NTR, just the MC is a bitch at the start before he gets rapey

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Other than Darnel trying to look like the stereotypical bad black guy(MC is worse) I don't even see the issue with him so far, he's just like the bully like any other VN, you didn't even have a gf or someone you like so I don't see any cucking or NTR, just the MC is a bitch at the start before he gets rapey
It really depends on which route you're on that determines how much of a cunt Darnell is/will become. How far down the rabbit hole of insanity and moral decay you allow the MC to go is also up to you. Though if you dont try to tame the evil side at all, it can have some unforseen consequences. Can't say much more.

Reactions: Steve3444
3.50 star(s) 342 Votes