Melancholic

Mar 12, 2018
Yes. New update soon
Yeah [Soon TM]

Beside all the trash talk about "Uber promised this or that date to update or not" and all the people who search his posts and words like a shamen reads in cow guts for the right interpretion of them to debunk others opinons who did the same, i think we can at least get on the common ground that Uber besides other devs showed again that "Soon" has a quite flexible meaning.

And while that alone is not so bad it shows once again how bad the communication is.

This combined with his obviously lie in a Patreon Post around the time of the first "Mega Update" that there will be no more Mega Updates was the reason for me to cancel my patreonage.

I hate useless toxic posts like "Game finally dead?" or "Dev x milking his Patreons to death *kek*" they ar unessasary and plain stupid. But what i dislike even more are post who defend everything the dev does to keep him in his safe space bubble out of "Benefit of the doubt mentality" or because they fear the supply of their fav fap material. They really kill Games in the long run.

Belive me. If the past of this site/patreon showed us one thing then that is if really anything serious happens to a dev like rl kicks in or he just looses interest/insperation neither my or any others 1$ subscription can change this nor will cancelation of it for a few months start this things. But what it can do when enough people use it is send a message to the dev that either his updates or communication for them lacks something.

Wich is the case here.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Yeah [Soon TM]

Beside all the trash talk about "Uber promised this or that date to update or not" and all the people who search his posts and words like a shamen reads in cow guts for the right interpretion of them to debunk others opinons who did the same, i think we can at least get on the common ground that Uber besides other devs showed again that "Soon" has a quite flexible meaning.

And while that alone is not so bad it shows once again how bad the communication is.

This combined with his obviously lie in a Patreon Post around the time of the first "Mega Update" that there will be no more Mega Updates was the reason for me to cancel my patreonage.

I hate useless toxic posts like "Game finally dead?" or "Dev x milking his Patreons to death *kek*" they ar unessasary and plain stupid. But what i dislike even more are post who defend everything the dev does to keep him in his safe space bubble out of "Benefit of the doubt mentality" or because they fear the supply of their fav fap material. They really kill Games in the long run.

Belive me. If the past of this site/patreon showed us one thing then that is if really anything serious happens to a dev like rl kicks in or he just looses interest/insperation neither my or any others 1$ subscription can change this nor will cancelation of it for a few months start this things. But what it can do when enough people use it is send a message to the dev that either his updates or communication for them lacks something.

Wich is the case here.

I don't mind intelligent posts such as yours, I do dislike the type of posts you referenced as there is nothing to discuss due to the lack of any reasoning. Now I was unaware of Uberpie having an account here so i never really thought of this being the right place to complain, turns out he does have one but looks as if he is not all that active probably working on his game or is tired of all the toxicity. I think one of the points some of us have been trying to make is that unless you are a patreon bitching holds no real weight because you will not be affecting the money train and the money train is typically what gets a Dev to change. So doing that here as a pirate seems foolish. The real way to get that message across is for the patreons to post on his patreon page.

Every one has a right to post there dissatisfaction here , but if you are going to drop a one liner and use bogus facts there are some who will challenge that. At the end of the day you are probably pissing in the wind but if you want to have an actual conversation about it then try and bring some reasonable debate points into your post some of us will honestly respond to that as I have done with this post.

I am not a person who blindly follows anyone and I totally get why people are irritated and surprisingly enough I agree with some of these issues , I am not a patreon though and hold no power. It is "reasonable" to assume some things however such as, Games such as this one take time, people make estimates all the time and are wrong, Game dev. is not as simple as many make it out to be, the creative process can't be quantified into X takes this amount of time.
So making estimations is foolhardy but, and here is the real problem Patreons keep demanding time lines and when game Devs try and push back the patroens revolt so the Devs play this game of trying to give people what they want with out really being able to truly give accurate estimates. If you think this is a problem that only happens to Patreon Devs think again in the art world artists are notoriously bad at project management, accurately estimating time it takes to create art and communication. My question is why would we expect Game Dev's to be any different than your traditional artists?
:)

Sep 29, 2021
ugh, aren't you guys tired debating over new update everyday?
i'm understand everyone has a point to complain or defending uber, but let's be objective. He was wrong, he shouldn't gave false hope to his patrons. I think "few peoples" in this thread should stop being denial about it, even though game development is hard. You can't expect people won't be mad after uber gave uncertain promises over and over.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
ugh, aren't you guys tired debating over new update everyday?
i'm understand everyone has a point to complain or defending uber, but let's be objective. He was wrong, he shouldn't gave false hope to his patrons. I think "few peoples" in this thread should stop being denial about it, even though game development is hard. You can't expect people won't be mad after uber gave uncertain promises over and over.
Nah Bro , I think you are mistaken about something here I am not defending Uber , Objectively did he really "promise" that is not actually true and has been pointed out several times. He gave an approximate release date that is different than a promise. Reading comprehension is key to all this back and forth , big lack of it and also being able to put things in context.

The Derv's(not just Uberpie) are damned if the do and damned if they don't , and its not like a lot of Devs don't have the same problems , its more about managing your expectations.

Reactions: Count Morado

Melancholic

Mar 12, 2018
I don't mind intelligent posts such as yours, I do dislike the type of posts you referenced as there is nothing to discuss due to the lack of any reasoning. Now I was unaware of Uberpie having an account here so i never really thought of this being the right place to complain, turns out he does have one but looks as if he is not all that active probably working on his game or is tired of all the toxicity. I think one of the points some of us have been trying to make is that unless you are a patreon bitching holds no real weight because you will not be affecting the money train and the money train is typically what gets a Dev to change. So doing that here as a pirate seems foolish. The real way to get that message across is for the patreons to post on his patreon page.

Every one has a right to post there dissatisfaction here , but if you are going to drop a one liner and use bogus facts there are some who will challenge that. At the end of the day you are probably pissing in the wind but if you want to have an actual conversation about it then try and bring some reasonable debate points into your post some of us will honestly respond to that as I have done with this post.

I am not a person who blindly follows anyone and I totally get why people are irritated and surprisingly enough I agree with some of these issues , I am not a patreon though and hold no power. It is "reasonable" to assume some things however such as, Games such as this one take time, people make estimates all the time and are wrong, Game dev. is not as simple as many make it out to be, the creative process can't be quantified into X takes this amount of time.
So making estimations is foolhardy but, and here is the real problem Patreons keep demanding time lines and when game Devs try and push back the patroens revolt so the Devs play this game of trying to give people what they want with out really being able to truly give accurate estimates. If you think this is a problem that only happens to Patreon Devs think again in the art world artists are notoriously bad at project management, accurately estimating time it takes to create art and communication. My question is why would we expect Game Dev's to be any different than your traditional artists?
:)

Who thinks Game Dev is a simple job is a fool. When you do it alone it normally combines 3-4 learned full time jobs in one. But there a tools and ways to make it work out at a small scale even alone or with a very small team like all this wonderfull projects on this site show.

Ii agree with you that this job has aspect's where you can come into a crative blockade, that does not give them a freepass to anything. It's importent how they tackle this situations. Most other person with a creative job still has to make stuff even when they have a blockade. Sure it wont be there masterpiece but sometimes "good" has to be good enough.

So i ask you the counter question what do you expect from a Game Dev that has a creative Blockade like any other artist but does not have to work on it because like you said the money train keeps driving?

This one here shows the clear typical signs.
Delays over Delays for so called "Mega Updates" where i already stated in another post what i think about those.
The Dev lies about going back to the old smaller updates.
Pushing in more side characters while so much others still lack any content.
and the list goes on...

I love this Game for it's art and writing. But how it is now it tends more and more to the Milfy City, Estate Dominate etc. you name them side.

Meanwhile there are for example Dev's like Blue Axolotl. He's also a full time Dev and caters to a much more niche taste. So he has much less attention and support but still managed to push out 5 COMPLETED games. And i mean really finished high quality stuff that got better from Game to Game. He always delivered in the end. Never lied. But still struggles atm and had to pause his main project because he could not affort to pay the art for it anymore.

So yeah i don't expect from Game Dev's anymore than from anyone else. There actions just determine which one of them i support.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Who thinks Game Dev is a simple job is a fool. When you do it alone it normally combines 3-4 learned full time jobs in one. But there a tools and ways to make it work out at a small scale even alone or with a very small team like all this wonderfull projects on this site show.

Ii agree with you that this job has aspect's where you can come into a crative blockade, that does not give them a freepass to anything. It's importent how they tackle this situations. Most other person with a creative job still has to make stuff even when they have a blockade. Sure it wont be there masterpiece but sometimes "good" has to be good enough.

So i ask you the counter question what do you expect from a Game Dev that has a creative Blockade like any other artist but does not have to work on it because like you said the money train keeps driving?

Delays over Delays for so called "Mega Updates" where i already stated in another post what i think about those.
and the list goes on...

I love this Game for it's art and writing. But how it is now it tends more and more to the Milfy City, Estate Dominate etc. you name them side.

Meanwhile there are for example Dev's like Blue Axolotl. He's also a full time Dev and caters to a much more niche taste. So he has much less attention and support but still managed to push out 5 COMPLETED games. And i mean really finished high quality stuff that got better from Game to Game. He always delivered in the end. Never lied. But still struggles atm and had to pause his main project because he could not affort to pay the art for it anymore.

So yeah i don't expect from Game Dev's anymore than from anyone else. There actions just determine which one of them i support.
Here's my take - it's my own, and nobody else's.

We don't know what goes on in the daily lives of those who create games. Things happen - just like in our own lives and our own jobs and obligations. But everything in life depends upon everything else. Uber has kept patrons up to date with mostly regular posts on patreon about new scenes, characters, and the like. Sometimes he posts a hope or an intent, and fans latch onto words and paint them as promises - when the words are nothing more than an aspiration that sometimes (more often than not, in all of our lives) takes a bit longer than expected.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
but let's be objective. He was wrong, he shouldn't gave false hope to his patrons.
Gotta love how you say "lets be objective" then throw down a load of opinion.... learn the meaning of your words bud.

For the most part those arguing "in favor of Uber" are basing their arguments on available facts (this is called being objective, this is the philosophocal stance where you try to distance yourself from your emotions and focus on logic).

while those arguing "against Uber" are coming from a mostly emotional place, ie feeling betrayed, false hope etc, this is called being opinionated and while this doesn't necesseraly mean they are wrong, it does make it harder for them to win arguments when they fill their posts with ambiguous phrases like
  • " he shouldn't gave false hope ",
    Nobody "gives" hope, hope is an emotional state that is a reflection of your imagination.
    Uber might have inspired you to feel this way through his words, but you need to tell us what those words were for this to be anything but meaningless drivel.
  • " uber gave uncertain promises "
    There is no such thing as an uncertain promise, a promise is certain by definition, the word you I think you are looking for is "estimate". And quite frankly even if he made promises, shit happens, lines need to be redrawn from time to time. If you want to convince people he was being unreasonable you need to provide specifics:
    • What did he promise
    • How was the promise broken
    • Were explanations given
    • How often did it happen
Your problem isn't that people are "defending" Uber, it's that people aren't blindly accepting your opinion as gospel.

PS.
I am not defending Uber I don't know him, he could be a saint or he could be the devil, I don't know, most likely he is something inbetween, I am arguing against trolls, and yes I know you probably don't consider yourself a troll, but until you learn the meaning of your words and what facts are, that is exactly what you are.

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

and the list goes on...

To put it simply, the answer to your counter question. I would expect communication about what the road blocks are for that Dev. Like I said I agree with some of the criticism , but I am not a patreon so I can't tell the Dev this in the place where it counts(the pocket book). I don't think most of the ones making counter arguments don't agree there are issues. As I have said many times now it is the way these arguments are presented in a forum where we are trying to hold conversations such as this one. For my part I have never directly said the criticisms leveled at Uber where not legitimate complaints I have said many times to be clear and use facts if you can't use facts then couch the arguments as "this is my opinion". I am never going to call out an opinion. People have them so do I and I never expected everyone to agree with my opinions.

Uberpie is a team of three Uber who does almost all of it, Lostraven who writes most of it now and a proof reader. I am not familiar with the Dev you are talking about but it sounded like he has an artist , can we agree that is a major time consumer as far as games go? Is that Dev using drawings or is he using Daz or equivalent? Are we comparing apples to apples? I can't answer these questions because I don't know. I think you have done what you felt was right for you in dropping your support but can you really be upset that other contributors didn't do that?

Seems like staying on the inside where your complaints may sway a critical mass is about the only way to actually achieve change. This would be different if Uberpie was still active in this thread then it makes a lot of sense. Of course that means spending money and I understand the conundrum if you keep paying you are supporting bad behavior if you stop contributions you lose the ability to sway the people that really can help make the changes you would like to see. I guess it comes down to commitment , how important is achieving your goal of change.

Melancholic

Mar 12, 2018
Here's my take - it's my own, and nobody else's.

We don't know what goes on in the daily lives of those who create games. Things happen - just like in our own lives and our own jobs and obligations. But everything in life depends upon everything else. Uber has kept patrons up to date with mostly regular posts on patreon about new scenes, characters, and the like. Sometimes he posts a hope or an intent, and fans latch onto words and paint them as promises - when the words are nothing more than an aspiration that sometimes (more often than not, in all of our lives) takes a bit longer than expected.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope you are right and i'm just misreading the "signs" even though it happened exactly the same way so many times before.

Whatever it is in the end let's stop this and make place for the "Update when" posts again^^

Ah yeah if you speak from the devil...

Reactions: APoc1

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I would not get to hyped judging from the first sentence which can be read with out unlocking the post they are still working on the update.

Viron99

Jan 1, 2022
Guys I'm stuck on jessica quest. Second time you visit her I can't do anything in the house except click on things that are downstairs. I also bought the mint to replace birth pill but cant find the birth pill.

Melancholic

Mar 12, 2018
I would not get to hyped judging from the first sentence which can be read with out unlocking the post they are still working on the update.
We will see once a Hero arrives.

Whatever it is we will do what this site teaches us already for so long and wait a little longer.

Hopefully it is not another "end of the month delay but we are working on it" post to keep the Patreons patient before the Patreon receipts come in tomorrow.

Evil Tounges could say that is intended :D *Kappa*

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
We will see once a Hero arrives.

Whatever it is we will do what this site teaches us already for so long and wait a little longer.

Hopefully it is not another "end of the month delay but we are working on it" post to keep the Patreons patient before the Patreon receipts come in tomorrow.

Evil Tounges could say that is intended :D *Kappa*
Can't really argue with that , will just have to wait and see if we can entice a Hero to post the update here. :sneaky:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Guys I'm stuck on jessica quest. Second time you visit her I can't do anything in the house except click on things that are downstairs. I also bought the mint to replace birth pill but cant find the birth pill.

Not sure exactly why you are stuck bu the birth control pills are upstairs in one of the drawers under her bed.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes