3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

HFM

Jul 20, 2018
Well well, look at you Potato! starting your game in the same month that i am moving with mine! :D
Good for you and good luck!
Those tags are not really my thing but i will definitely check it out sometime later ;)

Reactions: DeadPotato

DeadPotato

Developer of Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice
Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Well well, look at you Potato! starting your game in the same month that i am moving with mine! :D
Good for you and good luck!
Those tags are not really my thing but i will definitely check it out sometime later ;)
Oh hey! It's been a while! Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Reactions: HFM

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News! #2

Heya! It's time for some more news!
Let's get into it.

community update week 2 2k version.png

I feel like I should try to address how we're developing content for the game, as well as the work (and time) required to do it.

In our team, we like to split the workload into 2 major types.
Art workload: Character art, Background art and HCG (where all the juicy stuff happens)
Writing workload: Character dialogue/story scenes, code (code just means everything related to the game engine and dialogue implementation)

Let's talk about the art workload first. By the nature of Visual Novels, we are going to be reusing a lot of art assets, mainly character art and background art. We don't need to redraw everything, so the workload will get smaller as time goes on. The HCG workload doesn't get smaller as time goes on, since a fresh set of art will have to be drawn for every new scene.

The writing workload unfortunately doesn't get smaller as time goes on but it won't increase as well. The game's story is largely planned out (before any of the development work began). It's just the matter of refining and polishing.

We won't be introducing new characters and locations constantly. So at some point in the game's development, all character and background art will be complete. This will mean that the entirety of our art team can focus on drawing HCGs only for the new updates.

So, if the game's development cycle goes normally (which it currently is). With each new game update, the time gap between new updates should be decreasing as there is less work needed to be done. Which is GREAT!

The updates may seem slow but it is the nature of developing a Visual Novel game with incremental updates. We also don't want to rush out story chapters that feel rushed or incomplete (we would like to avoid going back and editing old chapter's scripts, as that would be more work).

Yeah. That's it for now. Let me know what topics I should talk about here for the next one!

- Overclock Studios Team

Here's a sneak peek of a background image!
Patron_Week1.png

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News! #3
It is time! To announce that the new update is coming soon!

community update week 3 2K.png

We've been working on the content for the next update! It's technically supposed to be part of the original Teaser build, but we didn't have enough time to finish it, so it's been cut out.

There's nothing much to say without directly spoiling the content.

So yeah. Maybe next week we'll go back to talking about our creative process maybe?

I don't know what to write for these weekly updates other than:
'We're working hard on the game.'
However, words don't matter, actions do.

So please look forward to the next update!

Here's a sneak peek of an upcoming new character! ;>
Patron_Week2.png Patron_Week2_v2.png
You gotta click on em, because they're thumbnails.

Oh yeah! There's also a minor update to fix some bugs as well as adding ROLLBACK back into the game!

- Overclock Studios Team

Last edited:

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #4
Hey folks! It's time for you know what again!

community update week 4 2k.png

No sneak peeks like last week's this time. This is still kind of a sneak peek, but you get what I mean. Instead, I want to share with you 2 new features that's coming along with the next update!

1. Bonus Gallery! Don't mind the placeholder images (they're just there to showcase functionality). As you complete scenes and progress through the game, you will occasionally, unlock some images for this gallery! Note: The images unlocked will not actually appear in in-game scenes, they're bonuses. Examples of bonus images are: Concept art, sketches, character specific pin-ups, etc. It's a little bit extra for the completionists out there!
2. A more organized Codex screen! The 1st version of the Codex is very crude and rushed. I didn't see the potential problems that it would cause if i continue to use it. Not anymore! The new Codex will sort the entries by their categories for easier reading, so you wouldn't have to scroll through a lot of words to find what you want. Much better!

I'm also planning to write a Character Profile feature to go with the new Codex, but not yet... I'm focusing on polishing content for the next update. (which is coming soon) C:

So yeah, that's it for now, have a nice day and stay safe out there!

Here's this week's sneak peek! The non blurry partial lineart of an upcoming scene in the next update!
week 3 sneakpeak.png

BONUS
Here's a fun poll! I unno. Just curious. It's something we do in our discord channel.

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon ! Consider supporting too!

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #5
Hey folks! The first content update is almost ready!

community update week 5 2k.png

What's coming in the new patch?
- Story content that's about as long as the entire 1.0 Teaser build
- Feature improvements to the Codex system
- Brand new Bonus Gallery system

When is this newest version going to be out?
It's not out yet at the time of writing of this post, but I will definitely announce it, on the Patreon page and on the Discord channel. Join up if you want the news as soon as it drops.

Early Access?
Early Access builds of the game are BETA builds. Available for the supporters on Patreon, depending on their individual tiers. Early Access is a way for me to reward my Patrons for supporting the project by allowing them access to the game (that may contain bugs) earlier than non-patrons.

When is the Public Release then?
To be honest, it is undecided. This is my first big venture on making games this way, so I need your help and honest feedback. Let me know how I should handle this. You can let me know by talking to me on directly or use this .

That is it for now, have a nice day and stay safe out there!

Here's this week's sneak peek! The completed background image of the Bazaar Street!
week 4 sneakpeak 2k.png

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon ! Consider supporting too!

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #6

Hey yall! Time for another news update!

community update week 6 2k.png

I'm going to explain how the Beta Builds and Public Release is going to work!

The Beta Builds will be only available for Patrons. The Beta period will start and last for 7 days after the Pixie tier on Patreon gets access to it.

The Public Release will be 5 days after the Beta period. This'll give us some time to smooth out the game and debug.

Example:
The Beta period starts at January 1st. It lasts for 7 days.
The Public Release will then be on January 13th.

If the Public Release date is on Monday, it will then be released on Sunday. 1 day earlier than usual! Monday's the most painful of the week, after all.

That's all for this week's update! I'll get back to work now...

A little sneak peek for this week! Another background image for future updates! All art assets for the upcoming update is already complete anyway.
week 5 sneakpeak.png

- Overclock Studios

Last edited:
Reactions: CheekySix

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Announcing Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice v2.0 Beta Release!

BetaImage.png

It has begun!

What's new in v2.0?
+ This update adds another 1/4th of Chapter 1's story to the game! About as long as the last part!
+ A Bonus Gallery System!
+ An improved Codex System!
+ Various tiny QoL improvements that are not worth mentioning!

When can I get access to the Beta Build?
Ogre Tier and Dragon Tier Patrons: 30th July
Kobold Tier Patrons: 1st August
Goblin Tier Patrons: 3rd August
Pixie Tier Patrons: 6th August

Public Release Date!
Any
Tier Patrons: 8th August
Non Patrons: 11th August

Why the delayed period between the Beta and Public Release Date?
So we can have some time to polish up the game some more, implement changes and put the feedback obtained from the Beta to good use!

I'm gonna go pass out on the bed or something...

- Overclock Studios

Last edited:
Reactions: RHFlash

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
After some thought, i think I'll cut down the delayed period between the Beta and Public Release Date a little bit more. 2 days is probably enough to smooth out the problems found in beta.. i think
im not sure, stuff is hard

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #7
Hello! Hope everyone is doing okay. It's time for another you-know-what! I'm not talking about the currently ongoing Beta for once!

This week I'll be breaking down how we're planning out the game's story structure and flow!

community update week 7 2k.png

For Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice, it will be a linear, single route when it comes to story and progression. That means... 1 beginning and 1 ending. With multiple small branching paths along the way.

What about the choices? Do they matter?
The choices will still matter to some extent! It's an important part of Visual Novels and we plan on keeping that element.

By choosing certain choices and avoiding certain choices, the player can access different scenes with different characters. If you like a certain character and want to see more of it, you pick the choices that will get you the scenes with that character. The basic stuff.

Going with certain choices will lock out some other scenes too. So ideally by the end and completion of the game project, every playthrough will be slightly different from the other, depending on the choices you picked.

Why there are no multiple route options?
The ideal version of the game that we want to make is a game with multiple routes of story that will change depending on the choices you picked.

However, the reality is writing and developing a game of that scale is too big for us right now. We're a small team using our spare time working on this game, after all. A game of that scale and workload would take forever for an update to be finished and released (longer than how it is now).

So the result is this. A compromise but we're trying to make the best story we can out of it.

Will there be lewd scenes coming with every single update?
Most likely not. While there will be a high amount of those in the game, I want to focus on characters and story but I also want to do characters and story with/during sex. There will not be lewd scenes just for the sex. Some updates will not have lewd scenes, that's just the reality of it.

Welp. That's it for now! Have a nice day!

Here's this week's sneak peek! It's another background art!
week 6 sneakpeak.png

- Overclock Studios

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Short status update: The latest Beta testing went pretty well! Only a couple of things that needed fixing! Public release is coming pretty soon so keep an eye out for it!

Reactions: CheekySix

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #8
It's time for another weekly news post! This has been quite the week!

The latest Beta testing went pretty well! Only a couple of things that needed fixing! Keep an eye out for the Public Release, it's coming this week!

This week, I want to talk about an idea that I'm been tossing around in my head for a while now...

community update week 8 2k.png

A Non Commitment Mode/Setting/Option!
- With the setting on, dialogue choices will no longer lock out as a consequence of previous choices.
- This allows the player to just pick whatever choice and avoid having the 'commit' to any choice
- The optional dialogue will still happen depending on the choices (not sure how to handle this yet, still figuring it out)

Adding onto last week's update news, the game is a linear story with branching paths that will loop back into itself. With this mode/setting/option, it's possible for a player to go through all the branching paths with a single save file (since there's no lock out).

Yeah, so I'm NOT saying that this feature will be in the game but it's an interesting idea...

That's it for now! Have a nice day! Now. back to the grindstone...

Oh yeah, here's a sneak peek image. A new character design in the works!

week 7 sneakpeak.png

- Overclock Studios

Last edited:

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Just a short and simple announcement for v2.1's public release!
The post should have all the download links now!
Have fun!

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I usually avoid furry stuff, but this looked nice enough and I'm glad I gave it a try!
Well done and good luck on the development. :giggle:

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Ran through what's available so far, feels like time well spent. Art is solid, characters have personality, and some antics, such as having a heart to heart with an old man while both are being given a handy from a eager nun, are absurd and delightful at the same time. A fantastic way to, uh, shake things up, as it were.

Unique world where the various denizens are considerably more liberated, yet terribly polite, thus far. I can dig it.

Didn't see it answer so far, so I may as well ask-- given that Alexandria is blessed with both types of saucy bits below, yet both scenes thus far employed the power of her D rather than the V, will there be options for her to get as good as she gives? I.e getting plowed in the name of science magic?

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
I usually avoid furry stuff, but this looked nice enough and I'm glad I gave it a try!
Well done and good luck on the development. :giggle:
Thanks for playing! Thanks for the encouragement as well! Look forward to future updates! C:

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes