3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

DeadPotato

Developer of Tail Saga : The Princess Apprentice
Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #17
Hey! Check it out! We're almost all done with the work for v3.0!

community update week 17 2k.png

Shouldn't be long now until the BETA test starts, I hope! Looking back I feel like most of the workload was at character design, as we're introducing 3 new characters in v3.0. Thankfully all the character assets are reusable, so maybe it's a good idea to have the characters done early on?

Regarding the Web Browser Version of the game, after some intensive testing over the past week internally... I think it has to be shelved for now! Reason for that is that it just loads too slowly to be practical! I can download the whole game in less time than it takes for the game to load on browsers! It's a cool idea to explore but I'll work on it on some other time...

That's it for now! Look forward to the new content!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon ! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, . Let us know what you think!

Reactions: Hajna

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #18

Hey! It's time for some more news!

What is this code revision you're talking about?
Let me explain, early on in the project (way before v1.0 was even out). I thought it was a good idea to implement Discord Rich Presence functionality into the game. The long and short of it is that I've removed it from the latest version of the game, v2.3 and it will be missing from future versions as well.

Why is this a big deal?
The Discord Rich Presence code had some tie-in with the save functionality. So if now in v2.3 you try to load a save game that was made when the DRP is in the game. It would try to load in the variables and stuff that was there before, now missing. TLDR, the save files wouldn't be compatible.

Are my save files gone now?
Yes, but I've created a way for you to recover them almost effortlessly. Requirements are if you have played through the game enough to unlock the codex/gallery functionality. You can then skip through the scenes until you last left off. You cannot skip past scenes you haven't seen before with this method.

To wrap this up...
It was a stupid mistake on my end to allow this DRP feature to be in the game for as long as it did. It was stupid for me to remove it now, but I think it's better to remove it now than to do it later. C: I should probably be careful of what features I fit into the game from now on...

Oh yeah! The new version, v2.3 is available for download now! There's no content updates yet (they're coming with v3.0), so this is more meant for the new players to the game.

That's it for now!

- Overclock Studios

Find the latest news and announcements on our Patreon ! Consider supporting too! Our survey is still up, . Let us know what you think!

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Why does accepting the blowjob remove the option to get a titjob now?

Also. When the journal shows up on the screen in the marketplace and opens, the game errors out and the error can't be skipped.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeadPotato

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Why does accepting the blowjob remove the option to get a titjob now?
That was how it always have worked? Picking that scene will lock out the other one. *Maybe I've fixed a bug that was broken all this time?* Hold up, you meant to say 'handjob' ?

Also. When the journal shows up on the screen in the marketplace and opens, the game errors out and the error can't be skipped.
Thanks a million for letting me know! The image file seems to be corrupted. The actual asset is still there but can't be loaded because it's broken/corrupted. I'm recompiling a new one right now!

EDIT: The new ones are up! It should be working as intended now!

Last edited:

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
I'm not really into furry characters (because I dont really like snouts and cant really imagine putting a dick into an anthro-dragon's mouth full of sharp teeth) but at the same time the characters that I saw (Olive and Nono) are fine looking for me.

The biggest factor why I like this game is the Futa Protagonist. Damn its difficult to find a game with a nice futa protagonist (maybe make the dick a little bit longer? It looks kinda small in olives hand).

I don't know if blocking sex scenes because of a previous sex scene, is a good choice. We are kinda missing good content, unless it does make sense to miss it, story wise, like we took to long fucking Olive so now we are late and cant fuck Nono.

Also I had a lot of tracerbacks after Alexandra opens her journal. Don't really know what's causing it.

Keep up the good work.

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Thanks for playing the game! Hope you enjoyed it!

As for the suggestions, I'll keep em in mind!

Also I had a lot of tracerbacks after Alexandra opens her journal. Don't really know what's causing it.
It's the result of a missing asset (in this case the asset was there but it was corrupted). I have replaced it. It should work now (but you need a fresh download, same link!)

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Okay so I re downloaded the game. Twice, once from the mega link in your patreon post and one from the google download link.

The Mega link still caused me a tracerback error again but the google link actually didnt. Kinda strange tbh.

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Okay so I re downloaded the game. Twice, once from the mega link in your patreon post and one from the google download link.

The Mega link still caused me a tracerback error again but the google link actually didnt. Kinda strange tbh.
That's weird indeed. I'll go over the files again, since they should all have been overwritten with the new one. Thanks for the heads up!

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
That was how it always have worked? Picking that scene will lock out the other one. *Maybe I've fixed a bug that was broken all this time?* Hold up, you meant to say 'handjob' ?
Yeah, sorry. In the first version, I was able to see both the blowjob and the handjob.
I was running on zero sleep when I posted that and saw the oversized knockers as I was typing the post, sp it became 'tit'. (Personal Opinion--> ) There's such a thing as too much, you know? And those things are waaaaay over that, lol.

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Yeah, sorry. In the first version, I was able to see both the blowjob and the handjob.
I guess it really was a bug, people just didn't realize that it was.

On an older Weekly Update News (#8) I discussed to possibility of a Non Commitment Mode/Setting/Option. Maybe it's time to look into that.

There's such a thing as too much, you know? And those things are waaaaay over that, lol.
I agree, it's not really my thing either. One of the artists on my team insisted and I said: 'Sure why not. As long as it's not everybody.'

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
On an older Weekly Update News (#8) I discussed to possibility of a Non Commitment Mode/Setting/Option. Maybe it's time to look into that.
That would be awesome. I'm sure a lot of people play these types of games to make the mc sleep with as many people as possible. I know I sure do.
Besides. I think it's a futa trope to be 'free' with sex, lol.

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Still no skip function.
The Skip function is enabled on content/lines you've read/seen before. Can't you skip by holding down the ctrl button or using the Skip button on the hotbar?

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #19

Hey, hello! Hope yall are doing well!

community update week 19 2k.png

There's nothing much to go over this week other than another update on the development progress on v3.0! I'm definitely getting a little bit stressed as it seems like we've not been putting out updates as fast as we should be.

First off, all the remaining character art, background art required for v3.0 is complete! They're already implemented into the game, since I only need to replace the placeholders to do that.

The remaining work is the sex scene images and once those are done, the BETA test begins!

Oh yeah! Something about last week's v2.3 release, some of you may have experienced errors at a certain point in the game. It's because of a corrupted image file that I've somehow overlooked. All fixed now, it's just a careless mistake I made. Whoops! Sorry if that issue made you redownload the game a few times. :p

That's it for now!

- Overclock Studios

Shuuiy

Jan 5, 2018
Don't like futa content? That's unfortunate I guess. Welp. It is how it is.

I will! Thanks for checking out the game! C:
Yeeih i always have trouble connecting with female charas. I dont mind male herms so much
I used to like mpreg but it always triggered "does not compute" in my brain but male herms definitely work for me. I said YOLO and downloaded it. The game seems well made, keep up this level of detail and poeple will love it, providing they have the futa fetish. not gonna lie that boy is hot.

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
Weekly Update News #20
Hey! Time for something completely different from the past few weeks!

community update week 20 2k.png

We're coming back to discuss something that I briefly covered, quite some time ago. A Non Commitment Mode! It's about time to go deeper into this topic! Before that, any reference to the normal mode will be called Commitment Mode, to help make the discussion easier!

The core idea is that with this setting enabled, dialogue choices will no longer lock out as a consequence of previous choices. So this will allow the player to just pick whatever choice and avoid having the 'commit' to any choice whatsoever!

As a reminder, the game has a linear story with some branching paths that will loop back into the main story path itself. However, a problem that may arise is that all of the custom dialogue that depends from all the previous choices have to be handled differently than normal.

I have an idea of how it can be done, which is writing a set of new dialogue for the Non Commitment Mode. Custom dialogue written for Commitment Mode will be turned off entirely. If certain criteria wasn't met (scenes haven't seen/choices haven't picked) in Non Commitment Mode, the custom dialogue wouldn't appear.

The appeal of such a mode/setting is of course the fantasy of being able to sleep with every character and experience every scene possible in a single run. So as a result, I think that Non Commitment Mode's custom dialogue would have to be raunchier than normal! Perhaps bigger chunks of dialogue can be edited slightly to reflect this.

We're not actively working on this feature yet, but I want to put a spotlight onto the topic and get some discussions going. I want to know how you all feel about something like this, what would you want to see, what possibilities of such a setting can bring.

So.. yeah. That's it for now!

- Overclock Studios

Reactions: RhapsodicHotShot

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
With the commitment mode, we lock ourselves to only one relationship?

Then I think the non commitment mode is going to be my option for sure.

Imo, character like the sex nun are a few sexual encounters and you dont go much further, maybe I'll add Olive to this aswell, as I dont think he wants anything more that just get pounded hard in the butt. These characters shouldnt block you from relationships at all, they are like friends with benefits.

If you decide to add a character that will only accept the MC if they are committed to them and won't fuck around, then this mode will kinda break the story progression and immersion.

• Red Heart

DeadPotato

Game Developer
May 8, 2018
With the commitment mode, we lock ourselves to only one relationship?
With commitment mode, choices you make may affect future choices (like disabling other choices, or opening up new choices). It's not exactly locking to one relationship, it's more like accepting that choices have an opportunity cost. Doing X will make Y unavailable.

My reasoning for doing this is to let choices have some amount of weight, even in a linear story like we're doing in Tail Saga, but as some (many) players have noted and brought up. They want the option to just sleep with every character possible.

Non-commitment mode just means that the future choices won't be disabled anymore. So the player doesn't feel like he/she needs to commit to any choice/consequence. So back to the previous example, doing X now will not make Y unavailable, the player can now do X and then Y.

Hope this clears it up a little bit! (maybe i need a better name for this mode/setting...) Thanks a lot of taking the time to respond though!

Reactions: RhapsodicHotShot
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes