VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
He does not have the same memories, he knows his mother is dead and buried and he never had a sister or daughter.

The so called mother said her son is dead and her son has a sister and a daughter.

Its not said in the story that they are a "biological clone" only that he looks like the other.

There is many more quotes I can post where he said and says she is not his sister, before and after the ones I have posted.
View attachment 2039661 View attachment 2039662 View attachment 2039667 View attachment 2039677 View attachment 2039679
And both have the same mother, the same grandfather, same grandmother, same step-father, they all remember MCs ex-girlfriend, they all remember the same accident, they're all in the same hotel, which obviously means it's the same address for eveyone involved, etc. pp...

Incest means sexual relationships with close (blood) relatives, and that's simply the case here. If alternate dimensions/worlds for whatever reason are a no-go for you, that's fine. I'd suggest you go and play other games without that, and let everyone else have their fun.

Edit: And also use spoilers.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
And both have the same mother, the same grandfather, same grandmother, same step-father, they all remember MCs ex-girlfriend, they all remember the same accident, they're all in the same hotel, which obviously means it's the same address for eveyone involved, etc. pp...

Incest means sexual relationships with close (blood) relatives, and that's simply the case here. If alternate dimensions/worlds for whatever reason are a no-go for you, that's fine. I'd suggest you go and play other games without that, and let everyone else have their fun.

Edit: And also use spoilers.
Alternate universe's have the same name but still the women here is not MC's mother and MC is not her son.
The woman lost her son who dies in the accident where as MC lost his mother who died in the accident.

MC's real mother is dead and it says so on the OP. """ Your parents are dead,"""

Thumbs are just as good as spoilers you can't see anything until you click on it.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Alternate universe's have the same name but still the women here is not MC's mother and MC is not her son.
The woman lost her son who dies in the accident where as MC lost his mother who died in the accident.

MC's real mother is dead and it says so on the OP. """ Your parents are dead,"""

Thumbs are just as good as spoilers you can't see anything until you click on it.
They still share the same blood and dna, so it's incest.

And spoilers exist for a reason. People don't read, they're just like "oh, shiny pictures" *click*

Reactions: jaw1986baby

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
They still share the same blood and dna, so it's incest.

And spoilers exist for a reason. People don't read, they're just like "oh, shiny pictures" *click*
Only 1 question for you.

Is MC from that women's womb?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Since we have no comparison from reality to draw a comparison:

It is alternative reality incest.

I would like to remind, we don't know so far whether there was once a single timeline (T Alpha) which then shattered for reasons unknown to us so far and every character is a facet of its original variant or not.

Therefore I remain with my statement: It is alternative reality incest.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
Only 1 question for you.

Is MC from that women's womb?
that doesn´t matter at all. if they would go and do an dna test the doctor would tell them they are mother/son brother/sister because they share the same dna. it doesn´t change because of diffrent realitys.
and now you stated your opinion and that is ok but that doesn´t change the game or the story. if you don´t like it just ignore it and go on. this discussion is not going anywhere.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
despite that I like this one, I do have some minor irritations. It's very easy to miss out on scenes when choosing where to go when you end up in the lobby.

for instance...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And there's a couple others like that. At one point I even needed to only go upstairs to the 2nd floor and straight back down in order to be able to see a certain scene...

Really wanted to like this one but it's just silly..
Well, there's the fact he already confronted Eva about his 'sister' and got nowhere. More than very likely Eva would throw the same arguments in MC's face as she did before

Last edited:

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Well, there's the fact he already confronted Eva about his 'sister' and got nowhere. More than very likely Eva would throw the same arguments in MC's face as she did before
You make a good point but I think it would be good to just add a single 'thought' in there from the MC stating that. I kept going and I'm glad I did as the rest of it is really good and consistent :)

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Really wanted to like this one but it's just silly..
I think it's more.... weird shit

Like happening

Silly is like a clown or a comedian that does kid's birthday. This is legit.... weird.... shit.... happening

I mean I get how that can be a surprise and all though

:FacePalm:

Reactions: Tavi13

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
DNA testing would show them all as being related - thus incest. Honestly, I don't know why this comes up everywhere for every little thing. Like in a bunch of games with the tag, people talk about adoptive parents not counting: there are a lot of places where legally it does, which is why the tag includes it here.

Reactions: sava75

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
10 minutes into this game and i am so fucking confused... the subtitle is incredibly accurate.

Edit: ok... is this game just a stream of nonsense or does shit start to make sense eventually cause i'm about ready to bin this.

Last edited:

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Someone's gonna need to explain how that bar on top of the profiles works. Green/Red means what?
AFAIK green means more independent, assertive etc. while pink is more submissive, dependant ...

Might also change a bit with each character.

Last edited:
Reactions: recreation

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
10 minutes into this game and i am so fucking confused... the subtitle is incredibly accurate.

Edit: ok... is this game just a stream of nonsense or does shit start to make sense eventually cause i'm about ready to bin this.
It get's more understandable as you get further into the game. There's a whole ass reason you aren't just exposition dumped at the beginning.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It get's more understandable as you get further into the game. There's a whole ass reason you aren't just exposition dumped at the beginning.
Oh man... yeah it's starting to come together but it's still constantly adding to the pile even as it starts to organise itself... very convoluted and overwhelming but somehow i want to just keep going despite it over-stressing my very exhausted brain.

• Haha
Reactions: recreation

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Oh man... yeah it's starting to come together but it's still constantly adding to the pile even as it starts to organise itself... very convoluted and overwhelming but somehow i want to just keep going despite it over-stressing my very exhausted brain.
Don't worry man, the characters try to reason it along the way, with more clues and theories.
By the end of my playthroguh, literally everything but ONE character's motivations are made clear. Well, at least imo.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/d7.rpy", line 1677, in script
    $ crV.append(charRace[1])
  File "game/d7.rpy", line 1677, in <module>
    $ crV.append(charRace[1])
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'append'
Looking in the debug console, crV is only a string set to 'Vana'.

Code:
WeirdShitIsGoingToHappen1080p-v0.6-market/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "crv" {} \;
./rooms.rpy:                    SetVariable("bookCharRace", crV),
./vars.rpy:default crV = [charRace[3]]
./d7.rpy:    $ crV.append(charRace[1])
charRace is a list of strings with charRace[3] set to 'Vana'. charRace[1] is set to 'Unknown'. Even though I was working with a save from what appeared to be 0.5 download, I'm just going to assume that download's version of vars.rpy wasn't doing the initalizer as a list like we see there. Either that or maybe playing this VN from a much earlier release to begin with left me with a crV that was only a simple string?

Anyways.... I'm just going to set it by hand in the console so the append will work and leave me with ['Vana','Unknown'].

---Edit---

The other thing I just noticed is the NPC notes gallery has 6 of the 8 girls that MC knows about probably set as Strings instead of Lists. The hack I just did for Venari has her profile displaying as "Vana, Unknown" while the 6 girls have Python interpret strings as a list a chars and end up dicing things up. For example Eva displays as "H, u, m, a, n". The only other character in that gallery that displays correctly is Noire.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes