VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey, is the mac version of 0.6 ready? I'm not seeing a mac version in the lib folder. Apologies if this has been answered before. I tend to get confused on how to properly install games that release all platforms in the same zip.
It's not in the lib folder, it's the "WeirdShitIsGoingToHappen1080p.app" folder ;)

May 20, 2020
Quick fix for the typo and vars mentioned before.
Works for 1080p and 4k version.
Just a quick one... I haven't started a new game yet to see if that solves issues but I got this error message in current content.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

oops
-- Small edit
This error happens with and without the d7 patch from above.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Just a quick one... I haven't started a new game yet to see if that solves issues but I got this error message in current content.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

oops
-- Small edit
This error happens with and without the d7 patch from above.
:unsure: Weird, that didn't happen in my testing. Gonna check that...

Edit: wait, are you using an old save?

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
I'm using a v5 save yes... however I can't tell you for sure if I went searching to delete any Persistent save info if there was one for v4 or prior.
Rolling back and pasting the following to the console seems to fix this issue:
crZ = [charRace[0]]; crE = [charRace[0]]; crL = [charRace[0]]; crS = [charRace[0]]; crNa = [charRace[1],charRace[3],charRace[5]]; crM = [charRace[0]]; crI = [charRace[1]]; crO = [charRace[0]]; crP = [charRace[2]]; crNi = [charRace[1]]; crV = [charRace[3]]; crT = [charRace[4]];

crXX used to be strings, now they're lists for some reason.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Rolling back and pasting the following to the console seems to fix this issue:
crZ = [charRace[0]]; crE = [charRace[0]]; crL = [charRace[0]]; crS = [charRace[0]]; crNa = [charRace[1],charRace[3],charRace[5]]; crM = [charRace[0]]; crI = [charRace[1]]; crO = [charRace[0]]; crP = [charRace[2]]; crNi = [charRace[1]]; crV = [charRace[3]]; crT = [charRace[4]];

crXX used to be strings, now they're lists for some reason.
They should have been lists from the start, however renpy didn't interpret my lists as expected, and since I didn't use the lists as lists until now (just used one value), I didn't notice that. The update fixes that issue, but aparently that fucks with saves :/

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
You should have changed their values after the old script as well as in vars.rpy - while not at all elegant, it should have preserved save compatibility.

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Not sure if my saves are pre 0.5 or not, but I know I haven't seen an update on this for a LONG time. Sorry, but I don't restart games after this much content. Too bad, I kind of liked it. Please don't do this to Bad M a work in progress and require a restart at some point.
Not sure if my saves are pre 0.5 or not, but I know I haven't seen an update on this for a LONG time. Sorry, but I don't restart games after this much content. Too bad, I kind of liked it. Please don't do this to Bad Memories!!
I don't think i've ever played a game on here that was a work in progress that didn't require a restart at some point. Kind of goes with the territory.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Hope we get to spank Tiny's little snarky ass soon. Loved her reaction when you try to get her to sleep on the bed.

Reactions: recreation

Xarvi

Jul 14, 2017
Well about an hour in and weird shit is indeed happening, what the hell was he smoking make this, I'm not complaining I just wonder where I can get some

• Haha
Reactions: recreation
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes