VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
we'd be bad devs, coder, or whatever, if we don't try to improve it.
Thank you for continuing to improve the collective world's codebase where and when you can. :) There's enough crappy code out there. And we've all contributed our fair share, so coder-to-coder: thanks!

• Red Heart
Reactions: recreation

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
June 2021
Hmmm... I generally check here at least once a week, but I might've been a bit slower last year, it was shitty, but my download for 0.5 was December, and the August saves are 0.4. Glad yours loaded, mine didn't, but I think that's more to do with trying to move saves from a different computer... But I'd already planned on starting this over at the beginning to refresh myself with the story, and probably pick different options.
Edit: What just hit me, is that those 0.5 saves might've started life as 0.4 saves... and I recall there being some discussion (last year) as to whether they'd stay working and for how long... guess I found my answer to that. Now if I could just remember the neat name I'd given the MC. I know that's gotta be saved in one of these files. At least there's not many.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
There seems to have some mistakes regarding mom stat check : in d7.rpy at line 868 for example there is if m_sl >= 5: but since the variable m_sl is initialized at -4 and there is only 6 opportunity to increase it of 1 each that's a condition that will never be true except for cheating. So surprise for cheater or unintended mistake?
Line 1368 there is also a weird condition this time : if m_sl > 5: with the same problem.

Pienator

Sep 22, 2019
Hey, great game but without a gallery or a walkthrough I have no idea if I've seen all scenes, since some of the choices were to pick between the different girls.

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
Hey nice, I played this game once, liked it but just forgot the name and my folder has too.. many games with strange names in it. Finally I see it again because of the new update :D

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
recreation found an error in the 4K version, I just commented it out and put that pause in there to continue on. I believe it has to do with the [0], the engine might think that you are trying to reference a dict or array when one by that name doesn't exist. If you take out the [0] no error is thrown either.

Just thought I would let you know.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
recreation I found a small bug: I have the 1080P version. At the beginning of the game the text of the letter cannot be fully read:

:cool: Eric Grey
Did you change the text size? That's how it looks for me:

There seems to have some mistakes regarding mom stat check : in d7.rpy at line 868 for example there is if m_sl >= 5: but since the variable m_sl is initialized at -4 and there is only 6 opportunity to increase it of 1 each that's a condition that will never be true except for cheating. So surprise for cheater or unintended mistake?
Line 1368 there is also a weird condition this time : if m_sl > 5: with the same problem.
Damn it, I forgot to change that :(

Hey, great game but without a gallery or a walkthrough I have no idea if I've seen all scenes, since some of the choices were to pick between the different girls.
It's called replay value :sneaky:

does 0.6 end when eva sits back down on matress that mcs young grandfather put the pizza on
Shortly after that, yes.

recreation found an error in the 4K version, I just commented it out and put that pause in there to continue on. I believe it has to do with the [0], the engine might think that you are trying to reference a dict or array when one by that name doesn't exist. If you take out the [0] no error is thrown either.

Just thought I would let you know.
I wonder why nobody found that in the beta... :rolleyes:
It's a typo, the [0] doesn't belong there. Thanks.

Reactions: wurg

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Conclusion:
I guess it's fair to say most people are related to the MC. The only ones where we have currently no clue are Nira, Noire and Tiny. Although the dream on the train with Noire in the beginning is probably a clue too. Since Eve seems to be the one running the dream show with mom, Noire and Eve are probably related or she's a descendant of another Vana the asshole bedded .

The biggest question I have is why Eve didn't say anything about the amulet so far? With what we've seen from the flashbacks it should be tremendously important to her. I guess it ties in to what the asshole did to keep it from her. Maybe he somehow enchanted it so she can no longer see it. But I'm pretty sure she should recognize the others are from the other world. As far as we know she's only seen Lilibeth and Nira. Lilibeth might pass as a human but Nira not so much. Could be she just thinks Nira is another offspring of the asshole that was lost in this world.

Jesus damn, that scene with Lilibet and Laurie is super hot, keep the good shit coming pls
Yup only found the extended dinner scene after BigDaddyEarl's comment. Now I wonder if I missed anything else. :unsure:

Reactions: BigDaddyEarl
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes