peekayy

May 5, 2018
Started playing this game from the beginning this morning.. By the looks of the changelog, Im not even halfway through it yet! The Dev(s) have put in some major work on this absolute gem of a game, and now that you can change body types, the amount of rendering must be astronomical!

Ill be subscribing to patreon later o, this game deserves my money!

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
No I just doladed it as usal and and tried to star the game
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

Well when I first read your problem, I thought it had to do with your sound card not being detected.
Checking renpy's forums, apparently it was that too.

Check this thread, since this you would have to fix it yourself

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Guys the other day we had a troll here, I think he is trying to fuck up the score of the game.
While I wouldn't put it past someone like that to be so petty, I don't feel like the most recent reviews are from the same person, even faked. The most recent 1-star review reads as someone who hasn't played past the first segment of the game (which, as I've mentioned before, is portrayed as the entirety of the game until you progress past it). Putting myself in the headspace of someone who wants to sabotage the game, and especially one with an ego like the other guy's, pretending to be someone who hasn't figured out that there's more to the game than the beginning is both out of character and too clever. In almost all instances of trolling and/or satire, the person doing it almost always bases it on their own knowledge of the subject, or at least what they think they know about something.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining that properly, but I've spent a lot of time in communities where people frequently fall for trolling and satire, and have tried to train myself to identify what's real and what's not. I think I've developed a knack for it, and this one just doesn't have the telltale signs of faking, at least from the person you suspect. Some people are just quick to dole out 1s or 5s, and I've seen some incredibly stupid 1-star reviews in threads that I'm watching. (Personally, I'm morally opposed to attaching something objective like numbers to something subjective like opinions on a game, which is why I never review games on this site even though I'd love to write a text-only review for some of them.)

Micheal Cozad

Jul 8, 2017
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

Well when I first read your problem, I thought it had to do with your sound card not being detected.
Checking renpy's forums, apparently it was that too.

Check this thread, since this you would have to fix it yourself
ah so thats what i did wrong i forgot to plug in my headphones to my tower without bthem my computer has no sound card

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
While I wouldn't put it past someone like that to be so petty, I don't feel like the most recent reviews are from the same person, even faked. The most recent 1-star review reads as someone who hasn't played past the first segment of the game (which, as I've mentioned before, is portrayed as the entirety of the game until you progress past it). Putting myself in the headspace of someone who wants to sabotage the game, and especially one with an ego like the other guy's, pretending to be someone who hasn't figured out that there's more to the game than the beginning is both out of character and too clever. In almost all instances of trolling and/or satire, the person doing it almost always bases it on their own knowledge of the subject, or at least what they think they know about something.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining that properly, but I've spent a lot of time in communities where people frequently fall for trolling and satire, and have tried to train myself to identify what's real and what's not. I think I've developed a knack for it, and this one just doesn't have the telltale signs of faking, at least from the person you suspect. Some people are just quick to dole out 1s or 5s, and I've seen some incredibly stupid 1-star reviews in threads that I'm watching. (Personally, I'm morally opposed to attaching something objective like numbers to something subjective like opinions on a game, which is why I never review games on this site even though I'd love to write a text-only review for some of them.)
the guy keept bragging that he was a writter for another game and that this was not his first account, so I wouldn't discard him

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
the guy keept bragging that he was a writter for another game and that this was not his first account, so I wouldn't discard him
I'm not saying that he's not the type of person who would do something like that. I'm saying that all the signs point towards the most recent bad reviews not being the same person. Even if he was pretending to be someone else, there would be some key similarities in the way they write and the things they talk about.

MrStrike

Apr 4, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'katy/actions/subplay/01.png'>:
  File "game/katy.rpy", line 1172, in script
    show expression  "katy/actions/subplay/01.png" with dis
IOError: Couldn't find file 'katy/actions/subplay/01.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/katy.rpy", line 1172, in script
    show expression  "katy/actions/subplay/01.png" with dis
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1356, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1481, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2227, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Focus (2015) [1080p]\Games\TakeOver-0.22-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'katy/actions/subplay/01.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Take Over 0.22
Sat Feb 22 09:22:46 2020
I am getting this error while selecting submissive rp with Katy. Also I checked the files. There really is no folder named subplay in the actions folder for Katy. Any help?

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes