ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
After reading the changelog I'm a little confused. Since 0.5.0 alpha only included the path toward corrupting Vera what do I need to do to have the option to be her ally?

U

User_10739

Here's my "squashed like bug" (compressed) version.

Lossy compression is used. (means some, image/audio/video quality may be reduced to make files smaller)
I have a 27" monitor and I don't notice any difference but you may, so, if you don't like it, tell someone who gives a shit...

Take Over [v0.6a] [Studio Dystopia] - Original Size: (1.08GB)

Squashed Download Win (223MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
how to research It is showing what skill can be researched but is not giving option to research it what to do??

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
Is this a bug?
Nope, it's been there for a while, I just ignore it. You can push it if you want, but I would save any progress you may have before doing so.

how to research It is showing what skill can be researched but is not giving option to research it what to do?
Research is done at work, late in your shift.(after you get the double shift do it after you take your break)

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Another strange thing: after I have done enough research, the story says I need to go sell the result at the black market. But without doing anything like that I can give a serum to one of the ladies. For me an unlogical option.

@fauxplayer : I call this a bug, it's against the logic of the game...

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
Another strange thing: after I have done enough research, the story says I need to go sell the result at the black market. But without doing anything like that I can give a serum to one of the ladies. For me an unlogical option.

Not a bug, after you complete your research and make the serum, you can continue to research and sell the points at the black market

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
Research is done at work, late in your shift.(after you get the double shift do it after you take your break)
What i mean by research is that there are some skills in journal which requires certain research point and supplies to research . i have all that needed to research it but i can't find how to research it

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Not a bug, after you complete your research and make the serum, you can continue to research and sell the points at the black market
So what are supplies then? Sorry, I think I need to get used to the use of terminology in this game.
I can produce serums with 0 supplies. If I do this, suspicion does not raise (although I get a warning).

Futaglit

Dec 4, 2017
After the "take over" of one departement, I have a problem with my suply. The counter-intelligence suck up 40 supplies everyday.
Is it a normal situation ?

I ask because it's always after I got that message::

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 45, in script
$ _fin_supp_research = _0
File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 45, in <module>
NameError: name '_0' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\JCF\Downloads\Game TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\JCF\Downloads\Game TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.6a

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Without reading through 50+ pages, are there any plans for pregnancy? Inquiring minds would like to know.:FeelsGoodMan:

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
So I just downloaded this and started playing for the first time.

Is this a bug?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
nope, its not normal at all, i need to investigate what happened, looks very weird to me

EDIT: Sorry i missed the part that said "i click on go test"
Go test is for me to debug stuff, i usually disable it for the normal version, at times i leave it in the alpha

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
too many answers! I'll try my best to adress them all haha
After reading the changelog I'm a little confused. Since 0.5.0 alpha only included the path toward corrupting Vera what do I need to do to have the option to be her ally?
Once Vera trusts you (+85 trust) you will have a short even where she stops asking you for serums and tells you to meet her at the coffee shop in a friday (i dont remember if you still need 5 serums, I think you do), then you just do that and thats the ally path.

how to research It is showing what skill can be researched but is not giving option to research it what to do??
Not everything in the journal its implemented yet (the variables are, but there is no way to research them for now), this will be done these next months (i.e. im already adding the strong body gene therapy, Advanced task, combat training and public use for the release of this week)

Well when I wrote this part there wasnt anything else to research at that point, but its also an option to increase money more than with working at that point, so it can boost your revenues a lil bit for a while. Also must be said the MC at that point doesn't have any grandiose plan ahead, so for him there isnt any reason to keep these points.

So what are supplies then? Sorry, I think I need to get used to the use of terminology in this game.
I can produce serums with 0 supplies. If I do this, suspicion does not raise (although I get a warning).
The first time you do it doesn't rises, then it starts raising more and more over time, to the point that it can just directly trigger a game over. Supplies have various uses in the future too, and its an abstract resource not a concrete one: It could be weapons, spare parts, outfits and uniforms, chemical supplies, etc. This is to make the game easier to handle instead of having 1000 different items to keep track.

Without reading through 50+ pages, are there any plans for pregnancy? Inquiring minds would like to know.:FeelsGoodMan:
Yes, there is! most likely for the endings tho

how do you talk to emma, wanted to try the gene terapy on her :/
This isnt implemented on her yet, I apologize! Will probably be for 0.7 or 0.8

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
@MaraTDuoDev
thx 4 update!
still no progress with walkthrough?
actually I do, I will be going to release it with 0.6

After the "take over" of one departement, I have a problem with my suply. The counter-intelligence suck up 40 supplies everyday.
Is it a normal situation ?

I ask because it's always after I got that message::

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\JCF\Downloads\Game TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\JCF\Downloads\Game TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\TakeOver-0.6a-pc-squashed\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.6a
Thanks for the report and it depends, every person you assign to this task costs supplies, so if you assign your whole team to it it may take that much, if you dont have anyone assigned then thats a bug

Those excepctions are bugs tho, I will try to fix them ASAP

Reactions: fortuna95
3.70 star(s) 81 Votes