lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Curious to know if the Skeda/Xile choice will have future consequences. The guide isn't out yet.

With Skeda we have (a lot) more money, though money has not played any role whatsoever in the story so far, even if resupplying a crew and a ship is expensive and they're always on the run. Let alone if there was any ambition to upgrade the Bastard. I felt we were quite desperate for money so I thought it was the better choice beforehand, but I'm not so sure anymore. With Xile, we don't have the money but we have an ally, which I suppose could come in handy as we're always hunted down by several factions. So after doing both, it makes me think this will be more useful in the story.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Bug reports:

In ep019_paclerara_kit, the woman variable is redefined, instead of setting woman_name, this breaks future uses of woman, such as in ep020_paclerara_thyia_massage. This is persisted in save files, btw, so correcting the broken line is not sufficient, you also need to address it in an after_load label.

The Visit Raene menu option is skipped if jade_romance is true and jade_pregnancy is false: (not jade_romance or (jade_romance and jade_pregnancy and ep020_jade_talk)) is missing a or not jade_pregnancy (or just replace not jade_romance with not jade_pregnancy, since the later is always false if the former is false).

Not really a bug, but there's some wonky dialogue in ep020_paclerara_thyia. The line

is a bit off. I think you probably meant something along the lines of
Thanks a lot for reporting those bugs. The buggy character definition is something that has tripped me up before, as there are quite a lot of after_load statements already... Should be fixed in the next release.

I'll fix the Raene trigger and Thyia's line as well.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Curious to know if the Skeda/Xile choice will have future consequences. The guide isn't out yet.

With Skeda we have (a lot) more money, though money has not played any role whatsoever in the story so far, even if resupplying a crew and a ship is expensive and they're always on the run. Let alone if there was any ambition to upgrade the Bastard. I felt we were quite desperate for money so I thought it was the better choice beforehand, but I'm not so sure anymore. With Xile, we don't have the money but we have an ally, which I suppose could come in handy as we're always hunted down by several factions. So after doing both, it makes me think this will be more useful in the story.
Xile seems to have their own code of honor. Skeda only seems to care about money and power. Considering the factions who are hunting us have far more money and power to offer Skeda than we do, I'd say siding with him is only a matter of time before getting betrayed. At least with Xile, there's a chance they won't betray us at the first opportunity

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Xile seems to have their own code of honor. Skeda only seems to care about money and power. Considering the factions who are hunting us have far more money and power to offer Skeda than we do, I'd say siding with him is only a matter of time before getting betrayed. At least with Xile, there's a chance they won't betray us at the first opportunity
Also with Xile, another potential alien chick to bang.

Reactions: S1nsational

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
I was fully expecting Skeda to betray me the moment they got rid of Xile, but he would not have wired the money if he did not intend to respect his part of the deal, as it's a lot of money to lose then. I suppose he could betray us later for the bounty on our head like you say, but there's little reason to believe that Xile wouldn't do it as well. They're all pirates after all, "friendship" stops the moment you're worth more money than they value your "friendship". And we mean almost nothing to Xile.

Also with Xile, another potential alien chick to bang.
Yeah I think that might be one of the possible consequences. And maybe the cat ladies if you side with Skeda? But my Camran doesn't have to bang every chick in the galaxy. I don't mind passing on all of those.

4.50 star(s) 135 Votes