• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
DEMONS, DEVILS, FIENDS AND YUGOSLOTHS, FIGHTING AMONGST THEMSELVES FOR POWER AND GLORY, ALL TO ATTAIN MORE IN THE NEVER ENDING CONFLICT.
A WAR WITHOUT LASTING PURPOSE, EXCEPT FOR THERE TO BE A WAR, BETWEEN IMMORTALS OF FOREVER EVIL NATURE.
LET THE HELLHOUNDS OF STRIFE, GNASHING THEIR MAWS TO THE SOUNDS OF OUR CLASHING CLAWS, BE FOREVER FED WITH THE BONES OF ANGUISH AND CARNAG-

Wait, hold on...
or measured enough angels on the head of a pin to know
… how many Winnie's could be on the head of a pin with a backside that big?
I need numbers, that's the true never-ending strife in my mind right now...

… wait, shit, WE DID SAY MAJALIS THREE TIMES

Last edited:
Reactions: LostNumberXIII

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Brigand: "How d'ye like me now?"
Hiro: "Better."
The player, knowing there's not yet any game-over or follow-up:

image - 2021-05-31T034029.249.png

sandexxxxa

Mar 21, 2021
Not going to reply to anyone individually, but I will say this - this argument has no purpose, and even if it were among patrons, it would still not, so it's not because of the venue. It's been discussed to death, and very few of the arguments are good arguments, for or against. These decisions have already been made, and it's not open for endless debate. This isn't the Blood War.

Long story short: pronouns don't really matter and if people want to identify more with the player character or experience their gender identity shifting, I'm fine with it. The content we put in the game is directly related to our target audience, and only indirectly related to our actual audience. If our entire audience wanted hardcore gore tomorrow, they wouldn't get it. We're not mercenaries, we're entertainers. We want to please our audience, which is why we take surveys and interact with them, but we'll continue to make what we want to make, and we're lucky that we do have an audience that happens to like that.

When we started, we got dire warnings from people that if we didn't make a female protagonist, we'd never find an audience. There absolutely is an audience for androgynous content, gay content, bi content, etc. And we've never had a problem with making a female protagonist, as an example: we just chose not to prioritize it, and if or when we do, it'll be because we choose to, and not because a lightbulb went off and someone synthesized the perfect way to repeat "some people like female protagonists," or measured enough angels on the head of a pin to know exactly what constitutes something being "gay".

I look forward to writing this again in the future. This wasn't the first time and it won't be the last. People will continue to vaguely allude to this post to advance their arguments. The Blood War never ends.
Yeah whats greate but still know you game played by heterosexuals, soo dont make to much Trudy-x-Kaylira-x-Hiro content.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
We want to please our audience, which is why we take surveys and interact with them, but we'll continue to make what we want to make, and we're lucky that we do have an audience that happens to like that.
:cool: (y)(y)
That is the best mindset when creating something in my opinion.

Yeah whats greate but still know you game played by heterosexuals, soo dont make to much Trudy-x-Kaylira-x-Hiro content.
Please someone tell me this is a bad attempt at a joke... Otherwise.:FacePalm::FacePalm:

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Encounter/Outcome variants for Flaccid, Cage and many others exist. It may simply be a matter of creating encounter variant scenes for FemHiro that adjusts the dialogue and responses while keeping most of it the same. You're still the same Hero, you just react differently to their dirty talk and they aren't implying you're lesser for being a 'man' and instead more because you're an impure slut that claims to be a Hero.
This is bigger than some slight variants on existing scenes. For it to at all make sense every single scene that takes this angle (which make up the majority of the game) would need to be completely rewritten. It amounts to rewriting the entire game to cater to a few people who need to hear "I respect and acknowledge your differentiated identification" as they're raped into a puddle of their own gendered fluids.

If it had been pursued earlier it wouldn't be much of an issue but trying to do it now would turn out one of two ways:

a) it holds up development as meticulous care is taken to go back and redo everything to take this change into account

b) it's implemented in a half-arsed way that barely acknowledges it, like the breast size feature

I just don't see it happening because the implementation wouldn't please anyone.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Twiton

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
This is bigger than some slight variants on existing scenes. For it to at all make sense every single scene that takes this angle (which make up the majority of the game) would need to be completely rewritten. It amounts to rewriting the entire game to cater to a few people.
You may want to check the previous page. Developer themselves put a end to this discussion.

Reactions: Twiton

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
I hope they don't make any more content with Hiro at all. All of it from now on should be from the perspective of the Hairdresser.

Reactions: UndeadEve

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
I mean just by reading a bit you can get that straight people aren't the target audience.
What do you mean? This game is mostly made up of scenes with men and women having sexual activities, that's straight. True, there's a lot of male on male sexual content but it's balanced by a large amount of similar female content. I'd say this game appeals to all audiences!

Reactions: UndeadEve

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
You may want to check the previous page. Developer themselves put a end to this discussion.
My read of that response leans heavily toward half-hearted pseudoimplementation as the most likely form for it.

"We don't think it matters that much and if people want it that bad then whatever" sounds to me like they're not planning on heavily supporting it or going back to change any old scenes, that sticking a parser in and calling it a day is about all the thought they'd put into it, so it's truly a move that would please no one.

Dexter1927

Aug 7, 2019
I am straight and I do not mind that the game does not have so many sexual scenes for straight men.
honestly i just thing this game is made for people who likes chicks with dicks, , doesn't matter if straight by's or 3 headed chickens, the games says tales of androgyny and should talk about Androgyny, lets just all be friends in the name of Majalis duo, and remember, we got big tiddy goth giant gf before it was mainstream, AND with a twist, so see ya in peace *drops mic*

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
honestly i just thing this game is made for people who likes chicks with dicks, , doesn't matter if straight by's or 3 headed chickens, the games says tales of androgyny and should talk about Androgyny, lets just all be friends in the name of Majalis duo, and remember, we got big tiddy goth giant gf before it was mainstream, AND with a twist, so see ya in peace *drops mic*
Big Dick Goth Giant Tiddy GF*

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
My read of that response leans heavily toward half-hearted pseudoimplementation as the most likely form for it.

"We don't think it matters that much and if people want it that bad then whatever" sounds to me like they're not planning on heavily supporting it or going back to change any old scenes, that sticking a parser in and calling it a day is about all the thought they'd put into it, so it's truly a move that would please no one.
I didn't say that at all. I said these arguments (that assume/disregard LOE and also assume what our priorities are by misreading or hyperextrapolating from things we have said or just completely guessing) aren't good.

At some point, we'll be done with all of the high priority items for ToA, and any size feature request can be accommodated, because our budget and support timeline are not fixed. As long as people want those things, and we're willing to do them, they can be done. And we'll be making those decisions based on our own informed understanding of the LOE, not generic appeals to LOE that try to game theory their way to their preferred outcome (ie "don't add this feature I don't like because it's literally impossible to add it in a way that will 'please everyone'" or will "please no one", which assumes, of course, that we want to please absolutely everyone with every feature we implement).

As more misinterpretation fodder: the original vision for the game includes variable character attitude and self-identification. Things like feminization, increased promiscuity, becoming more confident sexually, etc. The reason that the Catamite perk exists, for instance, is so that a player can skip the part where their character is reluctant to venture outside their heroic duties. The reason variable pronoun ID didn't exist to begin with is because of a conflict between the self-feminization and forced-feminization fetishes, that is, whether pronouns would be based on player selection or chosen by a character's level of feminization. And it wasn't a big deal since, after all, mostly the player character is referred to in the second person, "you", which is gender neutral, with most mentions of gender not being pronoun based, but gender ID based (the narrative assumes that Hiro is male, which is also not something that was ever planned to be set in stone! See: feminization).

I delayed making that choice until it became clear that I wasn't going to add that kind of forced feminization generically to the game, instead confining it to certain characters (like Alma), which meant that pronoun selection could be made by the player generically instead (which could, potentially, be affected by the forced feminization content, which the player would be able to moderate their interaction with). So it became a feature that could be voted on and, if selected, prioritized. At this point, even if it's voted on, it's going into the backlog for post-release.

So let me be clear about that again: the decision to add it to the feature survey was not made based on a public appeals campaign. It was something people wanted, and based on the way development was unfolding, we decided it was a feasible addition to make. We're well aware of the phenomenon of people getting something they want, and then asking for more, and we're used to managing it.

tl;dr "But I don't WANT that feature added" and its derivatives are not ever going to be convincing if someone else (particularly the devs!) does want it. People can say what things they do want and we'll accept, reject, and prioritize them accordingly, based on LOE, game design, and target audience factors.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
At some point, we'll be done with all of the high priority items for ToA, and any size feature request can be accommodated, because our budget and support timeline are not fixed. As long as people want those things, and we're willing to do them, they can be done. And we'll be making those decisions based on our own informed understanding of the LOE, not generic appeals to LOE that try to game theory their way to their preferred outcome (ie "don't add this feature I don't like because it's literally impossible to add it in a way that will 'please everyone'" or will "please no one", which assumes, of course, that we want to please absolutely everyone with every feature we implement).
I'm coming at it from the angle of "who -will- it please?".

Not being opposed to adding it, which sounds like your position, is much different from "we enthusiastically support and intend to implement it seamlessly". If it's just a parser implementation where it's hardly ever mentioned and none of the scenes are adjusted to account for it in any major way I can't see people who really wanted this being pleased with it. On the other hand diving deep into a near-completed game to add robust support for a completely different perspective in a majority of scenes would be a lot of work. The few people who really wanted this would be satisfied, but would all the support you have now continue if you're committed to working on something a fraction of paying players want?

I just don't see a way to do this and actually please anyone.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 144 Votes