Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
You need to waste 2 turns to use Ultra Fire, meanwhile you can cast Combat Fire every turn.
It's also cheaper on MPs.
I've not done the math but I suspect two Combats are stronger than one Ultra; or at least: the difference in damages is negligible over a long battle, especially because within a single MP bar you can deal more damages through Combat Fires than Ultra Fires.
As mr_tao said. I am not exactly sure how the calculations are done for spells, but if the boost from MAG is equal for each spell, Combat Fire is better due to requiring less mana for only slightly less damage, while Ultra Fire takes 2 turns and more mana for not that much more damage.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
just going to ask again...

Regarding trumpet angel fight at the altar, there is a "pacifist" outcome. How do you obtain it? I tried doing nothing for I think 20-25 turns and still no pacifist outcome.
Choose different dialogue options, it's pretty clear what will get you into a fight with her, so just don't do those things.

Anaqiya

Dec 20, 2017
As mr_tao said. I am not exactly sure how the calculations are done for spells, but if the boost from MAG is equal for each spell, Combat Fire is better due to requiring less mana for only slightly less damage, while Ultra Fire takes 2 turns and more mana for not that much more damage.
If you use Oil before ultra fire you gonna almost instakill anyone

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
If you use Oil before ultra fire you gonna almost instakill anyone
which is my to-go strategy.

here we were talking about the Level-1 strategy specifically, which means only 1 Magic spell.
IMHO Oil should be removed from the spells and become an item

moarshotaplz

Sep 29, 2017
which is my to-go strategy.

here we were talking about the Level-1 strategy specifically, which means only 1 Magic spell.
IMHO Oil should be removed from the spells and become an item
You can get extra magic spells by getting into an encounter with a golem and talking your way through it (cha: 5) with a small xp gain. I don't think it's enough to level if you can make it your first encounter.

How do you even create oil with magic?
Grease/oil are staples of the magicians toolkit. Doesn't matter the franchise or medium, that shit has been around forever. The same magic that summons fire, or magical weapons, summons grease. Like, when magic is the jumping off point why suspend disbelief at conjured fats and not magical sentient lingerie or the ability to intoxicate at a distance?

Also, not razzing you, just trying to make jokes.

Reactions: DangBits
4.50 star(s) 145 Votes