ant93

Jun 4, 2020
Some hero on ITCH made a safe and easy to use Save Editor exclusively for TOA, here is the link of the post:

And the link for the Save Editor on GitHub:

Join the discord for the most updates...

nissan

Sep 14, 2017
I've tried the save editor. It's quite raw so to speak. And it actually won't open all of the possible scenes. So it needs a lot of polish.

zayn zidel

Sep 25, 2019
All this talk of saves and character editing.
How many of you have tried to play the game legit?
Having ups and downs with it. Also what's your favorite scenes?
Need ideas on what and where to look for things.

I'm an early game noob but brothel dialog awoke something in me even if it has shit art.
Same with Kiryla's brothel scene. I never knew how turned on being called an elven buttslut would make me.

nissan

Sep 14, 2017
I did, so what?

The game really lacks nuance and growth for someone attempting to be asexual: neither top nor bottom. I do believe stacking some points for abstinence would be an interesting approach strategy wise. Arena can be expanded to be not just a plain arena but a Labyrinth. And finally, where's a mode where you can play as a centaur or any enemy. The animations are there all is left is a little bit of text and added game logic.

Majalis on the other hand turned away from commiting game logic so no external contribution of the beforementioned ideas can be feasible (that may end up in official versions).

Also i have a huge rant concerning sex skill trees. Most of them are bloated and useless. And i doubt that the team will ever handle adding a particular art for any of the sex skills with every enemy possible.

Last edited:

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
All this talk of saves and character editing.
Having ups and downs with it. Also what's your favorite scenes?
Need ideas on what and where to look for things.

I'm an early game noob but brothel dialog awoke something in me even if it has shit art.
Same with Kiryla's brothel scene. I never knew how turned on being called an elven buttslut would make me.
"completed" this game many times without save editing, tbh the only difference is a few of the more obscure scenes are harder to get.

And to be fair a lot of people in this thread you will find their names on earlier pages, how many times you think they played this (one of the few games accessible on this site with any semblance of replayablity ).

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Also i have a huge rant concerning sex skill trees. Most of them are bloated and useless. And i doubt that the team will ever handle adding a particular art for any of the sex skills with every enemy possible.
I have no idea what's the plan for having so many sex actions, I can only guess it's a way for player to "direct" a sex scene, with the finishing product having art/animation for each action. But I'm not sure how's that feasible given there's only Majalis as artist I believe, 1 art per sex action, dozen sex actions for each enemy. And animation will put even more work.

nissan

Sep 14, 2017
Majalis as artist I believe,
Majalis is a duo of a programmer and a person responsible for arts. Not sure whos' handling the writing but sometime it really adds up to scenes tremedously.

I have no idea what's the plan for having so many sex actions, I can only guess it's a way for player to "direct" a sex scene, with the finishing product having art/animation for each action.
It all started some time ago, maybe around 18 mo ago maybe even earlier. Lots of new characters were introduced, a lot of new assets appeared and the priority shifted from building upon existing capabilities to asset teasing and fanservice. I do believe, these guys are smart and have a huge backlog of completed pictures ready to be shipped. But the sole nature of patreon is to never complete a project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: redlupa

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It all started some time ago, maybe around 18 mo ago maybe even earlier. Lots of new characters were introduced, a lot of new assets appeared and the priority shifted from building upon existing capabilities to asset teasing and fanservice. I do believe, these guys are smart and have a huge backlog of completed pictures ready to be shipped. But the sole nature of patreon is to never complete a project.

The only person that makes complete games and concludes the story is The Architect
Majalis put more content monthly than most of the developers around here, so quit implying about them milking patrons. Had you actually bothered to search the thread you would see Majalis had already talked about their plans for the game now that it entered beta phase.

Also go play more games before daring to claim all but one developer don't finish their work. :rolleyes:

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Let's say i won't be that happy to know they will eventually finish it.
My implication is that putting a scene for every sex skill currently at the disposal of a player for every enemy seems like an insurmountable task based on the current pace of development speed.
You'd be right! It's a good thing we were never going to do that., and that's a ludicrous thing to expect to begin with.

And i really would love to know why the development of the game got private on Github.
Because some genius started automating the builds from the public repo.

It all started some time ago, maybe around 18 mo ago maybe even earlier. Lots of new characters were introduced, a lot of new assets appeared and the priority shifted from building upon existing capabilities to asset teasing and fanservice.
This is the exact opposite of what happened. We added a new character every month when the game first started, and we stopped doing that for over a year. It's trivial to look this up in the changelogs and see that this is nonsense. Wait, are you dinging us for not having assets for every sex technique in the game, and also for adding a bunch of new assets?
I do believe, these guys are smart and have a huge backlog of completed pictures ready to be shipped. But the sole nature of patreon is to never complete a project.
I fuckin' wish we had a huge backlog of completed pictures. We try to keep two weeks ahead in case Alis has an unforeseen hospital stay or whatever. And like I pointed out before, I have other projects I'd like to work on eventually - I can't wait to have ToA release ready.
Quick check with the Patreon shows this

View attachment 956684

They already got bored with hauling the project. They are looking to delegate. And funneling money, adding more heads always makes things go slower.
If someone over here ever was in a supervisory role, they'd get me.
We put this goal up explicitly because people claim that we're dragging our feet and not putting our patreon funds towards finishing the game faster. We got a music contractor once, and we almost had an animator who would have helped speed up animations, but they got sniped by another (non-adult) project.

Also, no, adding more heads after two does not always slow down a project. We do keep lean and efficient with just two, and we'd never hire another writer or character artist because that would cause style clashes, but if Alis didn't have to spend as much time doing backgrounds or animations she'd have more time to work on character art and sex scenes, and if I didn't have to spend as much time doing rote implementation tasks and bug fixes I could spend more time writing and adding game features. And neither of us have the technical skills for voice acting work, composition, or video editing, so those would just add to the project.

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
I for one appreciate the animation, but I understand it's time consuming. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but maybe put aside the animation for now to accelerate finishing the game, then work on a DLC to put extra animation scenes?

Voice acting, I appreciate when it's done Japanese way, but not when it's in English, I'm weird like that. In games like Ravager or Love & Base, I just tolerate it rather than enjoying.

Video; well you can go like JP eroge, some sort of video at the start to see some content of the game with some music to go along.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I for one appreciate the animation, but I understand it's time consuming. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but maybe put aside the animation for now to accelerate finishing the game, then work on a DLC to put extra animation scenes?

Voice acting, I appreciate when it's done Japanese way, but not when it's in English, I'm weird like that. In games like Ravager or Love & Base, I just tolerate it rather than enjoying.

Video; well you can go like JP eroge, some sort of video at the start to see some content of the game with some music to go along.
If we added voice acting, it'd be minimal (non-verbal VA like moans, possibly small phrases) and optional. We could use the same infrastructure we have for playing other audio for playing voice acted lines.

We've made the determination that animations are worth it. People like them, and they're actually easier to work with in some ways than still images for variation, so we can add a lot of nuance and diversity with them. To clarify, we don't want to hire a contractor to help with animations so that Alis can focus on the Important Art Stills, we could hire a contractor to work on the animations and we can't do the same for an artist to replace Alis working on the stills. It's not a matter of which is important, it's a matter of which ones are even viable to get extra hands on. Someone might notice that this or that animation was done by a different animator, but they'll definitely notice if we use different character artists.

A video editing contractor would basically just be for trailers and other marketing stuff - like if we go up on Steam it'd be helpful to have some footage roll in the previews and the like. Not necessarily for the game per se, although a little attract mode could be cute.

The thing is, while I want the game done, we don't actually have any kind of Release mechanism the way a traditional game does. It's possible the game won't even be allowed on Steam, and we already have it on itch, so the release build is going to be v1.0 and... that's it. We don't have marketing or merchandising tie-ins that need launch by a certain date. Nobody's printing discs or packages, and the wholesale retailers are not waiting for their shipments, the reviewers are not waiting for their review copies. I want the game to be a playable experience Start to Finish, but the game being "done" doesn't actually really buy anyone anything. Plenty of patrons (and otherwise) would want us to just continue working on the game indefinitely, similar to, say, Dwarf Fortress. I don't know exactly what the post-Release support is going to look like, but it's probably going to look much like pre-release updates for a good while.

Like, I don't like saying this because it feeds into the "they don't even want to finish!" narrative, but it doesn't actually matter when we finish, and we didn't go into this saying "we need to get this game done before the third fiscal quarter of 20XX or the brass is going to have our asses!" As long as we're still adding things that people like to the game, nothing explodes, nobody dies, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks otherwise other than a misguided belief that the way typical game development works is universally applicable, even when (for reasons I mentioned above) it obviously isn't.

People have long lists of what they think we need to do to finish the game, and those lists are basically all wrong and have nothing to do with either what we've planned or the commitments we've actually made. I'm hoping we'll finish next year, but I haven't left my apartment in nine fucking months, and I certainly didn't plan that for this year, so who knows what next year will bring. Also, 2022 is probably a more realistic target, and it's extremely unlikely we wouldn't be able to finish by then.

The roadmap to release is the beta roadmap, so if you want to see what we have left, it should basically all be in there, barring stuff on the feature request backlog that will be added from the patron surveys.

Merry Christmas. I'm working on a new cave encounter with a naga.

Apr 30, 2019
I have no idea what's the plan for having so many sex actions, I can only guess it's a way for player to "direct" a sex scene, with the finishing product having art/animation for each action. But I'm not sure how's that feasible given there's only Majalis as artist I believe, 1 art per sex action, dozen sex actions for each enemy. And animation will put even more work.
I think Majalis said something about this, that all the extra actions are there to "role play" and like you said, direct how the scene ends up.

Jun 24, 2017
I could see people arguing they're dragging it out if it was like the game I won't mention T**** O* T****** which hasn't seen an update in forever. But these game devs have been consistently putting out content and each update is a decent amount of content. So even if it never got finished there would still be a huge amount of content from all the weekly updates. So I don't see the issue.

mygfishung

Aug 19, 2017
If we added voice acting, it'd be minimal (non-verbal VA like moans, possibly small phrases) and optional. We could use the same infrastructure we have for playing other audio for playing voice acted lines.

We've made the determination that animations are worth it. People like them, and they're actually easier to work with in some ways than still images for variation, so we can add a lot of nuance and diversity with them. To clarify, we don't want to hire a contractor to help with animations so that Alis can focus on the Important Art Stills, we could hire a contractor to work on the animations and we can't do the same for an artist to replace Alis working on the stills. It's not a matter of which is important, it's a matter of which ones are even viable to get extra hands on. Someone might notice that this or that animation was done by a different animator, but they'll definitely notice if we use different character artists.

A video editing contractor would basically just be for trailers and other marketing stuff - like if we go up on Steam it'd be helpful to have some footage roll in the previews and the like. Not necessarily for the game per se, although a little attract mode could be cute.

The thing is, while I want the game done, we don't actually have any kind of Release mechanism the way a traditional game does. It's possible the game won't even be allowed on Steam, and we already have it on itch, so the release build is going to be v1.0 and... that's it. We don't have marketing or merchandising tie-ins that need launch by a certain date. Nobody's printing discs or packages, and the wholesale retailers are not waiting for their shipments, the reviewers are not waiting for their review copies. I want the game to be a playable experience Start to Finish, but the game being "done" doesn't actually really buy anyone anything. Plenty of patrons (and otherwise) would want us to just continue working on the game indefinitely, similar to, say, Dwarf Fortress. I don't know exactly what the post-Release support is going to look like, but it's probably going to look much like pre-release updates for a good while.

Like, I don't like saying this because it feeds into the "they don't even want to finish!" narrative, but it doesn't actually matter when we finish, and we didn't go into this saying "we need to get this game done before the third fiscal quarter of 20XX or the brass is going to have our asses!" As long as we're still adding things that people like to the game, nothing explodes, nobody dies, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks otherwise other than a misguided belief that the way typical game development works is universally applicable, even when (for reasons I mentioned above) it obviously isn't.

People have long lists of what they think we need to do to finish the game, and those lists are basically all wrong and have nothing to do with either what we've planned or the commitments we've actually made. I'm hoping we'll finish next year, but I haven't left my apartment in nine fucking months, and I certainly didn't plan that for this year, so who knows what next year will bring. Also, 2022 is probably a more realistic target, and it's extremely unlikely we wouldn't be able to finish by then.

The roadmap to release is the beta roadmap, so if you want to see what we have left, it should basically all be in there, barring stuff on the feature request backlog that will be added from the patron surveys.

Merry Christmas. I'm working on a new cave encounter with a naga.
I've asked this before but I'll ask again. Have you thought about expanding the "bad end" scenarios and class changes? I thought this was a very interesting idea especially when it was paired with a side-story like the centaur mare area and the mouthfiend one. I think it would be a great outlet to expand content into sub-stories with class changes (size queen, mare, bunny, bitch, schoolgirl, prostitute, other bad ends etc.)

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I've asked this before but I'll ask again. Have you thought about expanding the "bad end" scenarios and class changes? I thought this was a very interesting idea especially when it was paired with a side-story like the centaur mare area and the mouthfiend one. I think it would be a great outlet to expand content into sub-stories with class changes (size queen, mare, bunny, bitch, schoolgirl, prostitute, other bad ends etc.)
We're definitely willing to do more of those, and that was effectively how we wanted story mode to go - a bunch of bespoke endings. We may incorporate more of it into both modes. But they are just that, bespoke features which were never intended to be the baseline for how every type of enemy you come across was going to go.

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Small question; whenever Hiro use his butt to resolve a situation (like in a fight), the outcome is pretty much Hiro being a sub. Is there plans to make Hiro a more dom personality even though he uses his derrière, somewhat like the madam of the brothel or the drow with huge cat mount?

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes