Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Small question; whenever Hiro use his butt to resolve a situation (like in a fight), the outcome is pretty much Hiro being a sub. Is there plans to make Hiro a more dom personality even though he uses his derrière, somewhat like the madam of the brothel or the drow with huge cat mount?
Yeah, on my internal task list I've got more power bottom content.

nissan

Sep 14, 2017
Whose the mod that removed my messages? Since when does a direct dialogue with a developer constitutes a trolling?
Doesn't that breaks a narrative if an original posts gets deleted but the bits of quotes appear in a response.

1608971098598.png

Given that and that the Majalis_ToA response to my posts persisted i believe it's better if the community puts an effort to provide a complete profile.json further as i won't be doing that if the one deleting my posts won't step up.
No big difference if the authority is abused be this a police baton or a button in a browser.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017
We're definitely willing to do more of those, and that was effectively how we wanted story mode to go - a bunch of bespoke endings. We may incorporate more of it into both modes. But they are just that, bespoke features which were never intended to be the baseline for how every type of enemy you come across was going to go.
I just want to see an expansion of the cultist scenes, man... but they never show up in the patron polls. :(

Reactions: Sirnoobicus

jtypezaku

Sep 4, 2020
If we added voice acting, it'd be minimal (non-verbal VA like moans, possibly small phrases) and optional. We could use the same infrastructure we have for playing other audio for playing voice acted lines.

We've made the determination that animations are worth it. People like them, and they're actually easier to work with in some ways than still images for variation, so we can add a lot of nuance and diversity with them. To clarify, we don't want to hire a contractor to help with animations so that Alis can focus on the Important Art Stills, we could hire a contractor to work on the animations and we can't do the same for an artist to replace Alis working on the stills. It's not a matter of which is important, it's a matter of which ones are even viable to get extra hands on. Someone might notice that this or that animation was done by a different animator, but they'll definitely notice if we use different character artists.

A video editing contractor would basically just be for trailers and other marketing stuff - like if we go up on Steam it'd be helpful to have some footage roll in the previews and the like. Not necessarily for the game per se, although a little attract mode could be cute.

The thing is, while I want the game done, we don't actually have any kind of Release mechanism the way a traditional game does. It's possible the game won't even be allowed on Steam, and we already have it on itch, so the release build is going to be v1.0 and... that's it. We don't have marketing or merchandising tie-ins that need launch by a certain date. Nobody's printing discs or packages, and the wholesale retailers are not waiting for their shipments, the reviewers are not waiting for their review copies. I want the game to be a playable experience Start to Finish, but the game being "done" doesn't actually really buy anyone anything. Plenty of patrons (and otherwise) would want us to just continue working on the game indefinitely, similar to, say, Dwarf Fortress. I don't know exactly what the post-Release support is going to look like, but it's probably going to look much like pre-release updates for a good while.

Like, I don't like saying this because it feeds into the "they don't even want to finish!" narrative, but it doesn't actually matter when we finish, and we didn't go into this saying "we need to get this game done before the third fiscal quarter of 20XX or the brass is going to have our asses!" As long as we're still adding things that people like to the game, nothing explodes, nobody dies, and I'm not sure why anyone thinks otherwise other than a misguided belief that the way typical game development works is universally applicable, even when (for reasons I mentioned above) it obviously isn't.

People have long lists of what they think we need to do to finish the game, and those lists are basically all wrong and have nothing to do with either what we've planned or the commitments we've actually made. I'm hoping we'll finish next year, but I haven't left my apartment in nine fucking months, and I certainly didn't plan that for this year, so who knows what next year will bring. Also, 2022 is probably a more realistic target, and it's extremely unlikely we wouldn't be able to finish by then.

The roadmap to release is the beta roadmap, so if you want to see what we have left, it should basically all be in there, barring stuff on the feature request backlog that will be added from the patron surveys.

Merry Christmas. I'm working on a new cave encounter with a naga.
i personally think your game is excellent and loads of fun keep up the great work. i think a weekly release schedule is dam good one .

Tokyo Partner

Sep 17, 2017
ToA - New Weekly Build! (v0.3.03.5)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Thank you Tokyo, and the Makers of the game.

Good stuff, may not be game changing, but it is definitely immersion changing to see the gear, gag's cage what ever that you are wearing displayed during the event.

mygfishung

Aug 19, 2017
We're definitely willing to do more of those, and that was effectively how we wanted story mode to go - a bunch of bespoke endings. We may incorporate more of it into both modes. But they are just that, bespoke features which were never intended to be the baseline for how every type of enemy you come across was going to go.
I suppose it would be impossible to have this with every enemy. I just hope eventually it reaches across all the ones that have negative perks associated with them I.E. Size queen, cuckoo, etc. I love the centaur plains.

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
My native language isn't english, but man, those surely are words strung into a sentence that doesn't mean anything.

Do you mean that the story line is only written so that it ends after beating the Goddess? Well, there is thing called the "version number", it shows 0.3.03.3 so yeah, it's nearly the 1/3 complete, completely outrageous that the game that is still in development isn't fully completed.
My fucking sides

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes