canofawesome

Sep 25, 2019
What loop? There is no stun locks and if you do the kneeling in the first turn and next turn the surrender, the fight is over...... no enemy one shots you.....
I don't know if they've fixed it but I've been soft locked by some grapples before so that might be what he means.

On an unrelated note I have achieved the impossible and been unbanned and rejoined the server

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
I don't know if they've fixed it but I've been soft locked by some grapples before so that might be what he means.

On an unrelated note I have achieved the impossible and been unbanned and rejoined the server
I have never ever got into any grapples that would block the kneel move and surrenedering and i think its fixed then.

Apr 16, 2019
What loop? There is no stun locks and if you do the kneeling in the first turn and next turn the surrender, the fight is over...... no enemy one shots you.....
Any loop you get caught in. There are all kinds of stances and situations where the "Kneel" option isn't available and wouldn't make sense, so that you're helpless until the enemy either finishes you off or lets you out. I don't know of any inescapable ones currently, but I've fallen into them in past games and I haven't seen any fundamental change to the combat system that would make them impossible.

Apr 16, 2019
I have never ever got into any grapples that would block the kneel move and surrenedering and i think its fixed then.
Will have to find a grappling enemy and see, I guess. Wouldn't make much sense for them not to, though; how does your character "kneel" when they're in a full nelson, or on the ground being sat on? Why pretend it's a "stance", rather than just a two-click version of the old Surrender option?

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
As an example, Naga's coils, she coils around you and you can't do shit, because her coils drain your stamina like a blackhole, until she decides to stop coiling around you and then you must spend a few turns resting to gain at least some stamina.
All those loops heavily rely on RNG, so you may never be grappled or be constantly struggling in their grasp.

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
Any loop you get caught in. There are all kinds of stances and situations where the "Kneel" option isn't available and wouldn't make sense, so that you're helpless until the enemy either finishes you off or lets you out. I don't know of any inescapable ones currently, but I've fallen into them in past games and I haven't seen any fundamental change to the combat system that would make them impossible.
You use it in your first turn and no attack knocks you down in one turn.... second you use the surrender.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
As an example, Naga's coils, she coils around you and you can't do shit, because her coils drain your stamina like a blackhole, until she decides to stop coiling around you and then you must spend a few turns resting to gain at least some stamina.
All those loops heavily rely on RNG, so you may never be grappled or be constantly struggling in their grasp.
Naga has never used grapple in the first turn in any of my games. So that is really heavily RNG i don't deny it happens but its so rare that it has not happened to me. And of course i save before every fight so there is no problem for me to reload the game.

Apr 16, 2019
You use it in your first turn and no attack knocks you down in one turn.... second you use the surrender.
How do you know on your first turn that you'll eventually get caught in a loop? And what if you want to actually win a fight?
i save before every fight so there is no problem for me to reload the game.
I don't see how that makes it a good design decision.

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
How do you know on your first turn that you'll eventually get caught in a loop? And what if you want to actually win a fight?

I don't see how that makes it a good design decision.
Enough perception lets you see what moves enemy does.... and you say its bad design that you need to reload sometimes... :FacePalm:

Last edited:
  • Haha

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah, we didn't update the jre previously because of the android build and libGDX compatibilities. There's actually a really strange bug in the libGDX version we're using that they've patched out (related to a bitshift and comparison in the code that handles collections), so I'd like to update it, as well as the Spine runtime, though they've introduced some breaking changes in the past (right now, we can't rotate the root bone of a Spine skeleton or it causes issues with flipping the skeleton, so we just avoid rotating the root bone).
FYI, the rte that comes with the Mac version doesn't work. I had to replace it with the one that comes with Java8 OpenJDK in order to be able to play the game.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes