4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Here's the public release v0.2! This one came out very smoothly, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result :D

After this version, I won't continue the game immediately. I'll take some time to make some small side projects so I can practice a little and remake Tales of Lewdia.

Changelog:
  • The "Giant Tree" area is now available.
  • Added 8 new enemies. (29 animations)
  • Added 5 new items.
  • Added cheats! (Patron-exclusive).
  • You can now equip items faster with the "S" key.
  • Fixed a bug that would freeze the game in the Gallery.
  • The player doesn't glitch anymore when dashing from a screen to another.
Don't forget to convert your save!

May 15, 2019
Games broken for me, and can't be arsed to restart. Converted my save and don't have the achievement for the dryad. But I have the dryad animations and entry. So since I don't have the achievement the I can't get to the big tree area. It just says the hole is too small maybe I could slide something through still.

Reactions: Zachy

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
The game crashes when i win a fight in the "Giant Tree" area
View attachment 937750
Are you playing with an old save? Did you use the converter?

Games broken for me, and can't be arsed to restart. Converted my save and don't have the achievement for the dryad. But I have the dryad animations and entry. So since I don't have the achievement the I can't get to the big tree area. It just says the hole is too small maybe I could slide something through still.
You don't need any achievement to go in. Just use the Dash skill.

Also for the achievement, try defeating any enemy in the Forest area and it should update correctly. If it doesn't, please send me your savefile and I'll try to help you ^^

Theres a constant error noise when i play
Does it only play during the Prologue or the entire game? I'll try to find the issue.

Last edited:

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
kirodakiro

Here's the link to the v0.2b update, where the error sound should be fixed. I'll update the OP when the Mediafire and Gdrive links finish uploading.

EDIT : Version v0.2c is already up in the OP. Don't download this one lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Pappercut

stucony

Jul 20, 2017
Sir Arama

Here's the link to the v0.2b update, where the error sound should be fixed. I'll update the OP when the Mediafire and Gdrive links finish uploading.
Mega

The error sound now starts when you enter the Shop.

Edit: It stops once you go out of the shop. Also starts when you are inside the forest.

• Thinking Face

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
After this version, I won't continue the game immediately. I'll take some time to make some small side projects so I can practice a little and remake Tales of Lewdia.
that means you kind of abandon this... to start over:rolleyes:

• Thinking Face

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
that means you kind of abandon this... to start over:rolleyes:
I'm just going from Alpha version to Beta. There's a lot of graphics improvements I have to make, because the game looks too amateur right now.

From the start, I wanted the game to have a Super Nintendo style, but I didn't really have the means to do so. Now that I'm able to buy new assets, I'll just have to change all the maps and UI. That's pretty much starting over, right?

Reactions: decker2

Mawey

Jul 16, 2017
pretty much yes but its up to you in the end so i guess it might take a long while then though cause learning new stuff and doing a makeover sounds like a lot of work

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Zachy I can see your reasoning, but I think you might not be seeing another side as well.

Consider the following: Yes your art-style is amateur (but it does have its own charm as I previously said), and yet people have followed and liked your game despite the art, or more specifically in spite of the art meaning that they appreciate it as is. Which means that if you change it just now just because you can buy assets, it's kinda paradoxical that you want to change the art-style that earned you the support in the first place.

I hope I don't come off as complaining because I'm not, but maybe consider doing a poll first? Ask your supporters what they think about your decision to change art, maybe even first create a basic version of the new art so that people have a better idea of your new vision and then can judge it based on that, and hey if it's objectively better then win-win... but at the end of the day its your game so you can decide whatever I guess.

Reactions: Pappercut

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Zachy I can see your reasoning, but I think you might not be seeing another side as well.

Consider the following: Yes your art-style is amateur (but it does have its own charm as I previously said), and yet people have followed and liked your game despite the art, or more specifically in spite of the art meaning that they appreciate it as is. Which means that if you change it just now just because you can buy assets, it's kinda paradoxical that you want to change the art-style that earned you the support in the first place.

I hope I don't come off as complaining because I'm not, but maybe consider doing a poll first? Ask your supporters what they think about your decision to change art, maybe even first create a basic version of the new art so that people have a better idea of your new vision and then can judge it based on that, and hey if it's objectively better then win-win... but at the end of the day its your game so you can decide whatever I guess.
It's not too big of a change. Of course I'll make a poll regarding the map graphics and UI in general, but the enemies will remain pretty much the same (except that I'll put some eyes on them now).

I'm gonna remake the enemies because I noticed by artstyle has improved a lot over time (just compare the first Slime to the Queen Bee). I'll try to keep an uniform quality level for all enemy sprites.

Just gimme some time and I'll keep you guys updated on this matter!

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
(except that I'll put some eyes on them now)
Oh god, this just gave me the WORST idea for an image. Even worse, now that I've thought of it, I have to do it. Why have you cursed me to suffer this way.

edit: Finished. Why did you make me do this? 1607713588743.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
You can see that the dev put a lot of love in this game, it remind me a lot of legend of mana, the only thing that i can say is that at times, the game become a little slow (in some buildings you can't sprint and the mc walk really slow, and when is game over, the game show the logo of the dev and the game logo) the art is really good, there is a good amount of diversity (i only wish a little more of diversity of the sex scenes), the only true question is....we really want to destroy the source of the monsters?

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes