BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
So any reason why this game haven't got the tag of NTR added?

yes its avoidable but still its present in the game so its better to be informative to let know people about that in the OP thread regardless if its minimal

anyways i read the dev response on first and 2nd page so its in the hands of the high tier ss/patreon supporters to cast their vote and input on what genres the game will be nice to run along with, i wait for a couple of updates before pledging because if the NTR its only on characters like the wifes of the blacksmith or the veggies vendor then that its acceptable.

but if the NTR its on the principal female characters then its a big let down for one that is playing as MC! call it hypocrite thought but seeing any of the chars that will have full animations and stuff is just simply not good at all

Last edited:

mista tea

Mar 31, 2018
DMorphling & itsApplePie Just throwing this out there but if you're both from the dev team whoever plans to be more active here should reach out to a mod to have the developer tag added to your user profile.

I'm really impressed with what is essentially the first release of the game, keep up the good work! It's nice to see projects where the writing isn't just taking the piss because it's a small game. You could have used the same mini game or puzzle for each character quest too but by making them unique you really show that you care and are putting thought into this. Also loving the art style as it is now; 2D tends to just be more expressive than 3D but ultimately it's your game, do what you feel is best.

Not going to put an actual review up since the game is too early in it's life but I do want to share my thoughts specific to this version. Most the actual feedback is basically "numbers need to be adjusted" though.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As a whole though I genuinely enjoyed the time I spent with the game, interacting with the characters, and watching Gloomvale grow and look forward to future updates.

DMorphling

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2021
DMorphling & itsApplePie Just throwing this out there but if you're both from the dev team whoever plans to be more active here should reach out to a mod to have the developer tag added to your user profile.

I'm really impressed with what is essentially the first release of the game, keep up the good work! It's nice to see projects where the writing isn't just taking the piss because it's a small game. You could have used the same mini game or puzzle for each character quest too but by making them unique you really show that you care and are putting thought into this. Also loving the art style as it is now; 2D tends to just be more expressive than 3D but ultimately it's your game, do what you feel is best.

Not going to put an actual review up since the game is too early in it's life but I do want to share my thoughts specific to this version. Most the actual feedback is basically "numbers need to be adjusted" though.

As a whole though I genuinely enjoyed the time I spent with the game, interacting with the characters, and watching Gloomvale grow and look forward to future updates.
Ty for the effort and the time you took to write this! This really motivates me to improve every aspect of the game that's lacking! All feedback and complain is always welcome as long as it has an actual point. In response to what you're suggesting I can say that, as you already know, fast travel is being implemented. I don't know if we will release a map this next version but maybe too.
About Combat and gathering. There's only one bad result when gathering and the other two are just getting less resources. Considering you can get a full stack of 99 wood in one visit to the forest, or 99 clay from the river, making you able to get materials to fully restore a building in 3 days, I thought that it was rewarding enough. Maybe I'll add more than 9 to max given by a single resource. I'll look into it. What I'll deffinitely improve is, as you say, the monsters difficulty and drops from them. Getting the fur can be tedious cuz if you don't want to fight you only have the small bears and deers and they give just 1.
Combat academy is coming next release with the possibility of improving your skills for fighting as well as "protecting" the girls with some tanking skills.
Economy wise, more side quests will be added to the game. Not all in the next update but at least a few, to add variety and make it a bit less boring to farm. I've plans also to make the player recieve some passive income depending on how many active buildings he has in Gloomvale (since he is the Landlord after all). This will maybe give the option to focus on improving a few buildings and doing some quests and then just buy the materials if gathering becomes boring. (personally I enjoy that minigame but I know it's not the case for everyone). With more money available, the player will be more willing to properly equip himself I think. The game will always "punish" you (there's no game over though) if you just want to rush things like Queenie's first quest. You'll be able to complete it yes, but it will take more time and the player will feel like dead weight as you say. The game is a "second life" oriented one, that's why some things will stay somewhat "hard". And for those who just want to see the scenes or don't care about the roleplaying, more cheat codes will be added too.
This game doesn't seem to have a core mechanic sadly, because things shifts according to where you're standing. Being that a good thing or bad, that's what's being planned for the moment. The game will not end when you finish your gathering and restore Gloomvale. That will just give you access to a better position as your name spreads, and new zones will be there to challenge you! I hope this response to the feedback given pleases you at least in some points, and everyone who has the same kind of doubts/thoughts! Have a nice day!

P.S: Sry the comment is not written as organized as yours! I'm at work atm lol

Apr 19, 2021
I cant figure out the purple plant puzzle. A little help?
You Have to Go to Farm which is on east side of village, where on far east side you will find a purple plant from there walk 5 Steps west then 5 Steps South and click enter to get the required item.

PhoDood

Jun 13, 2020
I've noticed some people in this topic have mentioned there's NTR content in this. I haven't come across anything of the sort, yet, but I'm worried I may later. When people say NTR, though, are they talking netorare, or netori? The two are very different things. Should we expect other men having sex with our girls, or does it mean we (the MC) having sex with women already in a relationship (such as having sex with someone else's wife)

Jakeedge04

May 26, 2017
As PhoDood said Netori and Netorare are the opposite Netori you take someone's girl while netorare is someone takes yours so i am curious aswell

DMorphling

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2021
There's something I've been wondering personally... And might have caused a big confusion for everyone. I'm sorry if this is a let down for many, but I'm not really an expert in this matter so if I made a mistake, please understand that even though I'm a developer I can missunderstand things. And no, I'm not writing this just to pacify or be in good terms with NTR haters.

I stated before that there would be optional NTR in this game, but this might've been wrong from me. I thought NTR involved any kind of sexual encounter with someone that's not that person's partner or special other. But as I've been reading around lately, it is only considered NTR when the victim/cheater start developing feelings for her instigator/perpetrator, or start enjoying that sexual encounter in any way (even though it's against her will). If this is the case and Rape is not considered NTR as long as the victim will never enjoy having sex with other than her partner, then there was never any intention to add it to the game.
I'm sorry for those that were expecting it but that would even go against what makes the player character special: his unreal charisma. Also, it'd be too much of a pain to implement an NTR points system in a game that's planned to be so big already.

What was intended to be added as a possibility in the future was Rape. As stated before, many may desire your girls, being the beautys they are. But absolutely no girl that's currently in a relationship with the player will ever enjoy the act of sex with another man. Not even the most nymphoniac of them. I assume that NTR haters would hate this too but I felt the need to clarify this already. If any kind of Rape is considered NTR then nvm, it will be a possible thing.

Again I'm really sorry for misleading you all (being for good or bad) into something that wouldn't come, just because my own inexperience. I hope y'all have a great day.

P.S: A big update's coming soon. Hope to see your opinions/feedback on it :)

GoblinSpirit

Dec 31, 2019
Now you got a sensitive point, if it's monsters rape against the girls in the harem, i think it'll be fine, or since you said it would be situational, like making a choice of letting the girl explore by herself somewhere dangerous, like the dark mages hideout, if you could let the girl go by herself and she got raped there, then i guess it would be fine, that's a choice you made and could be avoided, but i think would settle as bad if villagers went out their way to force themselves on the girls of the MC harem, like, she went to do something and got raped by a group of drunken villagers or citizens that thought she was a easy one, it'll depend really on how you'll paint it, as i said, NTR is good, people get "traumatized" and hate it, most not for the betrayal itself, but because most of the NTR games doesn't portray it as soft approach to cheating, even NTR hentais, most are nasty with the MC, if you paint a neglected girl seeking pleasure with the AP because the MC isn't giving attention to her, isn't supplying their needs, or the MC isn't showing love, like a girl looking for love again, which is what most NTR doesn't do, since they paint it as nasty as it can be, humiliating the MC in every shape and form, it tends not to please much the people that are not into it and most NTR doesn't welcome people into that kinda stuff most of the cases because there's no soft approach or a easy way to understand why that happened or came to that point, it always comes down with either a shy girl that turns out to be a nympho or a nympho that exchanges everything else for lust, always belittling the MC for either small dick, or doesn't do as good, or AP does things MC doesn't do, and amounted to other humiliating things like recording and sending it to MC or doing it straight around him or in front of him while enforcing what i said previously, the humiliation, there's not really a soft approach to it, since betrayal is betrayal, but most of games and hentais that contains that, is always in a hardcore way of humiliation straight to the MC, but since you don't want to specifically implement it, as long as you can keep the girl for yourself without her having emotional development for the sex with others, other than the MC, or making them go out of their way of the harem perspective to have sex with other people is pretty good.

GoblinSpirit

Dec 31, 2019
Anyway, keep it up with the good work, keep it clear your plans for the game with your fanbase and make it as easy as possible for us to understand how you want the game to go, the best thing a dev can give us, is not only the good work, but also communication and a clear idea that everyone can understand what your plans are for the game, more like a road map. Hope you succeed with your project and good luck, stay safe even in those times where even my faith in humanity isn't as good as it was before.

DoorinFloor

Sep 22, 2021
So just to be clear, you have no intention of having the girls that are together with the MC (such as Iris, for example) being raped or otherwise having sex with anyone else other than the MC, correct? That's what I got out of your post, so I just want to make sure.

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
So just to be clear, you have no intention of having the girls that are together with the MC (such as Iris, for example) being raped or otherwise having sex with anyone else other than the MC, correct? That's what I got out of your post, so I just want to make sure.
I mean they literally said -
What was intended to be added as a possibility in the future was Rape. As stated before, many may desire your girls, being the beautys they are.
So seems like rape is still on the table.

DoorinFloor

Sep 22, 2021
I see. Well, if that's truly going to be the case, I'm going to have to give this game a pass and not support it. Obviously I'm just a single random guy on the internet, so I'm not expecting someone to change things to suit me personally. I just came across this game while looking for ones that suit my own specific tastes, and decided to give it a try.

What I've played so far was great and has a lot of potential for future updates, and I absolutely adore the artwork. Unfortunately, rape and NTR are absolutely not things I'm interested in, so I just wanted to know what the plans were going forward in that regard before I get too excited for the game and it's updates.

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
I'm sure it will be entirely optional content though, but if that's enough to put you off then that's certainly up to you.

DoorinFloor

Sep 22, 2021
If it's entirely optional, and you're given a clear distinction on which path your choices will lead to, then I'd have no problem sticking around. I think randomly running into a rape route on accident because I had no idea that the choice I made would lead to that, however, would be massively disappointing to me.

I know a lot of people would probably see me as thin-skinned and whatnot, but I really just can't handle things like that; especially with characters I grow attached to throughout the course of the game. When it comes to games like this, I generally gravitate towards the ones where your character is the only male who "sees any action", so to speak.

I certainly have nothing against people who enjoy rape (in games) and NTR and the like, but it's just not for me.

GoblinSpirit

Dec 31, 2019
If it's entirely optional, and you're given a clear distinction on which path your choices will lead to, then I'd have no problem sticking around. I think randomly running into a rape route on accident because I had no idea that the choice I made would lead to that, however, would be massively disappointing to me.

I know a lot of people would probably see me as thin-skinned and whatnot, but I really just can't handle things like that; especially with characters I grow attached to throughout the course of the game. When it comes to games like this, I generally gravitate towards the ones where your character is the only male who "sees any action", so to speak.

I certainly have nothing against people who enjoy rape (in games) and NTR and the like, but it's just not for me.
I mean, if you're like me, that some games get so boring that you skip through entire dialogs and only make choices when presented to you, then it is a bit hard (I like visual novels but going through minutes dialogs looking low or no change to the panel, can get you pretty bored some times and i got baited by so many NTR games where i made a choice and it ended on the betrayed character getting humiliated by the AP and the girl that i skipped the fap and went right to the post fap reflection), this game is the only one that i enjoyed reading through dialogs and i'm trying to improve on other games on reading too and so far, the only one that proved that reading can make you reflect on your choices after.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes