4.40 star(s) 33 Votes

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Can we have the option of giving Chumee a nickname. I keep reading/thinking its Chumlee every time lol.

Also can we please kill the fade to black every other sentence it's killing my eyes.
Haha, I understand I too used to make the same mistake, though, I doubt it's that important, for the longest time I pronounced Chumee's name like a french lad would using "é".

As for the "fade" that's an issue for the first chapter as I discovered dissolve way later, I suppose it's an easy fix, I'll try to fix it for 0.11!

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
Which links are not working so I can ask for a replacement?
And no the project is still going
Racaty and GoFile in the Win-Section didn't work. Racaty loading for eternity and GoFile said "no file found".

As for the "still going"-part with more than a year since the last added content: Is this some sort of a hobby-project and what kind of progress can be expected? Your story has some similarities with World Crossing Academy (guess it was this one...), both are quite interesting but sadly both seem to be barely worked on.

Otherwise I actually like your game so far, not done with it yet, but I've got a hint: When you've got your first "encounter"with Vanessa and her thighs the render of your "job done" immediately goes away and gets replaced with the black screen of the others knocking on your door... Hope this isn't an indicator for those scenes and it may be a mistake.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Racaty and GoFile in the Win-Section didn't work. Racaty loading for eternity and GoFile said "no file found".

As for the "still going"-part with more than a year since the last added content: Is this some sort of a hobby-project and what kind of progress can be expected? Your story has some similarities with World Crossing Academy (guess it was this one...), both are quite interesting but sadly both seem to be barely worked on.

Otherwise I actually like your game so far, not done with it yet, but I've got a hint: When you've got your first "encounter"with Vanessa and her thighs the render of your "job done" immediately goes away and gets replaced with the black screen of the others knocking on your door... Hope this isn't an indicator for those scenes and it may be a mistake.
That scene is a bit old, so it unfortunatly suffers from my beginner mistakes.
I do have to add more renders and change the first chapter to fit my new standards.
For now ToU is a hobby-project, same for Project: Jericho which is my secondary project.
Until I can afford a decent revenue I can't afford to work full time without burning out.
Which is an ironic statement considering I've struggled with work for over a year now explaining why my growth was halted for a bit.
If you want more infos you can check my patreon, the two latest news which are free to read explain how I work and whaat's to be expected.
Beyond that, I'm glad that you enjoy the game despite it's obvious flaws

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
That scene is a bit old, so it unfortunatly suffers from my beginner mistakes.
I do have to add more renders and change the first chapter to fit my new standards.
For now ToU is a hobby-project, same for Project: Jericho which is my secondary project.
Until I can afford a decent revenue I can't afford to work full time without burning out.
Which is an ironic statement considering I've struggled with work for over a year now explaining why my growth was halted for a bit.
If you want more infos you can check my patreon, the two latest news which are free to read explain how I work and whaat's to be expected.
Beyond that, I'm glad that you enjoy the game despite it's obvious flaws
I'll have at least a look at your 2nd project, depending on the tags I might give this one a try too.
Guess I'll also have a look at your Patreon and check the posts you mentioned.
The thing with the revenue and working full time on VNs is somewhat of a double-edged sword... Supporters expect content and no content for a year (no criticism here, just an analogy) isn't what supporters expect for the money, no matter the amount. Let's stick with normally lower-tier supporters giving $5 a month, that's $60 a year for literally nothing - the price of a triple-A title. On the other side, it's not easy to gather a following and make a living out of this - and it is somewhat risky too.

I only support two projects atm, one of them is updated twice a month with a decent amount of content - 2-3 hrs of gameplay if you don't skip through everything, the other isn't updated that often but is still on a schedule with an okay-ish amount of content for me to support it.

Well, I sincerely wish you luck and success with your project and hope you will be able to do this full-time if that's what you want for yourself, maybe I'll be one of your supporters one day - at least I follow this thread now. Generally speaking, I don't support creators who don't update at least every 3 to 4 months on a subscription basis, if the material is good I do one-time donations where possible.

I definitely enjoy this game so far, it has a story, and the build-up is good up to the point I'm at (finished the beach with Ophelia and Mine as we're speaking - or I'm writing...). The renders are quite decent, the animated scenes I've had so far are also okay and I generally like the style of this game.
Now I've to see if there is a balance between story and lewd stuff - and if the story goes somewhere, stays coherent. Not an easy task with your setup of world-altering events, going back and forth, discovering things, and having a larger amount of characters who are all involved in this.

Enough of me rambling. Time to move on, here and in your VN.

Edit: You should put your other game as one of your projects in the main post of this thread.

Reactions: Stronkboi

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
A new poll is up related to Project: Jericho

I know it is the ToU thread, but I still would like to know what kind of design people like in general!

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
A new poll is up related to Project: Jericho

I know it is the ToU thread, but I still would like to know what kind of design people like in general!
Emma looks cute :giggle: A new Elise?

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
why is there no update yet? maybe this year
I'm burned out on ToU for now so I'm taking a bit of a break from it to focus on Project: Jericho
Emma looks cute :giggle: A new Elise?
The good thing with P:J is that I didn't have a poster girl, or I actuall did, it was torn between Vallery & Emma, Ironically both are the highest ranking from the poll.
I'm pretty happy with both of their design!

coyotegrey

Feb 19, 2018
I'm burned out on ToU for now so I'm taking a bit of a break from it to focus on Project: Jericho

The good thing with P:J is that I didn't have a poster girl, or I actuall did, it was torn between Vallery & Emma, Ironically both are the highest ranking from the poll.
I'm pretty happy with both of their design!
I would say (and voted for) Emma's the best. My only complaint about her is the straight out ears, not really doing it for me, but whatev.

Sorry your burnt out on ToU, glad your still being creative. What exactly is your goal for Project: Jericho?

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I would say (and voted for) Emma's the best. My only complaint about her is the straight out ears, not really doing it for me, but whatev.

Sorry your burnt out on ToU, glad your still being creative. What exactly is your goal for Project: Jericho?
Well, her ears have physics so they might slightly motion during animations
Well, my goal with P:J is to provide a better experience than ToU, without the weird route system, without the fade that hurts the player's eyes, with better renders and a better storyline, written in advance, and that I can take my time with.
I have high hopes, I really want P:J to work.

coyotegrey

Feb 19, 2018
Well, her ears have physics so they might slightly motion during animations
Well, my goal with P:J is to provide a better experience than ToU, without the weird route system, without the fade that hurts the player's eyes, with better renders and a better storyline, written in advance, and that I can take my time with.
I have high hopes, I really want P:J to work.
I think you're being a little hard on yourself about ToU. I really enjoyed the world you built and I can't wait to see where you take it.

As for P:J I am looking forward to what it will be, and the character art is already catching my interest.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I love the character designs but I have never progressed much in the story and I find it difficult to choose between the Elf and the Goblin on the beach This is a great Game with an interesting story that is worth trying I hope I have the time to return it to play.
Oh the route system has been Loooong scrapped, don't worry, you'll be able to pursue both romance & get an harem ending regardless of choices

Strifegar

Sep 23, 2021
If you like unrealistic and immature romance plots and you also don't like to be immersed in a story then this one is for you. This putz sacrafices immersion for what he apparently sees as "humor" by way of repeated 4th wall breaks pretty much between every part. With these 4th wall breaks, he's pretty much just frequently screaming at you "HEY! DON'T FORGET THIS ISN'T REAL, YOUR READING SOMETHING, I REALLY LIKE MY LAME AVATAR AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE READ STORIES OR VISUAL NOVELS!" If that kind of crap isn't bad enough, if you manage to get invested in any aspect of this big steamer, you'll be further annoyed by how the protagonist and your choice love interest respond to each other in various points of the story. I really get the feeling this entire story was written by a 12 year old.

That being said, I'm not leaving this to insult the content creator. He obviously spent a lot of time putting this together and it actually seems to be popular in certain circles....somehow. I've seen it mentioned quite a bit in other visual novels. I just wanted to leave my opinion on this one as I am indeed a visual novel and story lover and can't help but be annoyed when they turn out like this. I can ignore a lot of flaws but some are just too big, and this one is full of that kind.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
If you like unrealistic and immature romance plots and you also don't like to be immersed in a story then this one is for you. This putz sacrafices immersion for what he apparently sees as "humor" by way of repeated 4th wall breaks pretty much between every part. With these 4th wall breaks, he's pretty much just frequently screaming at you "HEY! DON'T FORGET THIS ISN'T REAL, YOUR READING SOMETHING, I REALLY LIKE MY LAME AVATAR AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE READ STORIES OR VISUAL NOVELS!" If that kind of crap isn't bad enough, if you manage to get invested in any aspect of this big steamer, you'll be further annoyed by how the protagonist and your choice love interest respond to each other in various points of the story. I really get the feeling this entire story was written by a 12 year old.

That being said, I'm not leaving this to insult the content creator. He obviously spent a lot of time putting this together and it actually seems to be popular in certain circles....somehow. I've seen it mentioned quite a bit in other visual novels. I just wanted to leave my opinion on this one as I am indeed a visual novel and story lover and can't help but be annoyed when they turn out like this. I can ignore a lot of flaws but some are just too big, and this one is full of that kind.
Y'know when I began working as a dev I went with a goal :"Make people feel things"
And obviously I managed to get you to seethe while simply doing what I like.
I'd gladly take any form of criticism, but when the criticism is "I don't like this because I simply don't enjoy it" it simply isn't useful nor has any value really.
If you don't like my humor / story telling, well it's fine, just don't play my game.

Because surely ToU got a moderate success, so obviously, a lot of people enjoyed themselves, or if anything had a good time.
I'd be more than happy to read about constructive criticism that goes beyond "Your humor is so bad I am literally livid."

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016

I can definitely tell your not the type to like Monty Python movies either like most do. So take my advice and stay away from them but for the rest of this... this game rocks! Great story and funny humor thrown in at times!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Stronkboi

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I don't get the current fad of users with just a small handful of posts, going to the forums here just to shit on other devs work. Are these devs of less popular games that just want to bring others down? This is the third time I've seen it this week.

Not every game is for everyone, fortunately. But if you played something for a bit, decided it isn't for you, why comment? Not every post should be a love-fest for the devs, we are all free to mention things we like as well as things we don't like, but just to say this game is terrible, without a single example from the game, or any constructive comments at all, just for vague personal reasons, really isn't helpful to anyone.

Personally, I think Tales of Unity is a good, solid effort. I enjoy it, and hope to see another few updates. All devs have to start somewhere, so its a little unrealistic to think a lone, first time dev, is going to create Depraved Awakenings or Eternum, right from the start.

4.40 star(s) 33 Votes